Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 78

Author Topic: Arms Race/Design Bureau Hub/General OOC (Got a Discord Channel now)  (Read 104187 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

General Discord for This Stuff

---------------------------------------

Active Games

Intercontinental Arms Race
Links: Embassy on Bay 12, Embassy on Spacebattles
Player Count: Data Not yet available
Current Turn/Phase: Data Not yet available
Last Battle Phase Update: Data Not yet available

United Forenia on Remnant
Links: Thread
Player Count: Data Outdated
Current Turn/Phase: Turn 10 Design
Last Battle Phase Update: January 9, 2018

Cult Race
Links: General, Chaos, Genestealers
Chaos Cult Player Count: Data Not yet available
Genestealer Cult Player Count: Data Not yet available

Hive Race
Links: The League, The Hive
League Player Count: Data Outdated
Hive Player Count: Data Outdated

War of the Cinder Spires
Links: General, Spire Wreth, Spire Kasgyr
Spire Wreth Player Count: Data Not yet available
Spire Kasgyr Player Count: Data Not yet available

Mad Science Arms Race Test
Links:
Main
Faction 1 Player Count: Data Not yet available
Faction 2 Player Count: Data Not yet available

The Ameliorite War
Links: Main
Nafuna Player Count: Data Outdated
Karikhita Player Count: Data Outdated

Insurrection
Authority Player Count: Data Not yet available
Resistance Player Count: Data Not yet available

Iron Behemoths
Toskesh Player Count: Data Not yet available
Nogrania Player Count: Data Not yet available

Battle for Aljadid

Arms Race: Enemy Unknown

Haitus

Games awaiting GM Transfer to Complete

Completed Games
Sensei's Arms Race
Sensei's Second Arms Race Game
Wands Race - Magic in Forenia

Dead Games
Stellar Arms Race
War of the Planets
Imperial Military Design Bureau
The Glorious Design Bureau of the People
Department of Armaments
Fullyautomagic's Wonder Waffle Game
Arms Race 1784
Arms Race - Southeast Asia
Stone Age Design
Forenia vs. Sectoids
Aseaheru Weapon Design Game
Dungeon Race
Clash among the Stars  (Collective, Grand Imperium)
Politics of the Merchant Republic
Shadow Race, (Astria, Merkan)

Systems
Sensei's explanation of the GM side of his
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 01:33:51 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race Hub
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 10:33:02 pm »

This is just things using the arms race... ruleset, I guess is the best name. Anyways, things using the Arms Race ruleset only, correct?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 11:04:58 pm »

This is just things using the arms race... ruleset, I guess is the best name. Anyways, things using the Arms Race ruleset only, correct?

Currently this just serves as a place to discuss the rules/potential games, and a potentially easier way to alert players.  Also thinking this could maybe serve as a general OOC thread so the main thread is an easy readthrough from turn-to-turn.  To be honest, I'd likely put in the Arstotzka-Ice Giant RtD and any other games created within any of the universes as well, but I don't know where the first one is and I don't think anyone has decided to create an RP or other game using the universe (maybe a group of mercenaries or a special operations squad armed with Arstotzka and Moskurg equipment? A group of soldiers fighting in one of the operations in one of the wars?).

Oh, and to respond to your statement about the largest of the threats, for the most part those will be working on the principle of basically stuffing a creature inside a massive mechanical construct with a large apparatus causing its movements to translate into certain actions and a large stock of food/water/etc to keep them moving, then setting them loose against the enemy.  It's as devastating as it is cruel.  Only a few exist, and even fewer are active, due to the massive expense involved in making them (as well as the numerous moral objections), but once deployed, they are extremely difficult to stop.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:42:32 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 12:04:46 am »

Theres a frost giant RTD...

Well, good thing that I hadent heard of that a while ago.

That all said, what do you all think of a smaller scale arms race thing? Say, like between two post-apocalyptic communities fighting over, say, a subway system.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 06:25:00 am »

Theres a frost giant RTD...

Well, good thing that I hadent heard of that a while ago.
It was a joke game made due to amount of salt going on in original Arms Race (which I may have been directly responsible for, but hey, RECOILESS RIFLES DON'T WORK THIS WAY).
That all said, what do you all think of a smaller scale arms race thing? Say, like between two post-apocalyptic communities fighting over, say, a subway system.
Metro 2033, eh? Sounds fun, a lot of propaganda possibilites.

Honestly I would want to continue 1st timeline through the WWII, because Germany is very dangerously well armed and implying noone makes an atomic bomb, the world might turn out very, very different.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 06:44:19 am »

That was mostly just used as an example. But probably.
Highly Opinionated Fool

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 08:08:33 am »

PTW.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 11:34:03 am »

Honestly I would want to continue 1st timeline through the WWII, because Germany is very dangerously well armed and implying noone makes an atomic bomb, the world might turn out very, very different.

At the current time, I think it would be better to allude to the war than play through it.  Only a GM of Sensei's caliber and a ruleset rebuilt to handle such a major conflict could possibly deal with it, as the current set is more suited to smaller countries.  Speaking of, which of the two scenarios do you think I should use, if at all?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 12:27:09 pm »

No, I don't say we should play it as Germany and USSR and whatnot, especially since we would work for Hitler, but rather I would want to see how WW2 would turn out in that universe and maybe have some impact on it.

As for the scenarios... I dunno. I want to continue the story of Forenia, but both require basically solving the WW2 in arbitrary way, which is eh, though the Cold War thing speaks to me more. Maybe try a game where two sides aren't countries but rather competing insurgent (All Glory to Arstotzkan Revolutionary Front! (GOYRLILLA FIGHTERS)) gropus backed by either USSR or USA, trying to take down the Forenian tyranny and the other side. I know it would require changing rules a lot, but just think of all the propaganda posters we can make!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2016, 08:51:09 pm »

As for the scenarios... I dunno. I want to continue the story of Forenia, but both require basically solving the WW2 in arbitrary way, which is eh, though the Cold War thing speaks to me more. Maybe try a game where two sides aren't countries but rather competing insurgent (All Glory to Arstotzkan Revolutionary Front! (GOYRLILLA FIGHTERS)) gropus backed by either USSR or USA, trying to take down the Forenian tyranny and the other side. I know it would require changing rules a lot, but just think of all the propaganda posters we can make!

I consider that the direction that Forenia would take should be fully in the hands of Sensei.  As for World War II, I'm pretty sure it would end up with the same conclusion, if only due to the fact that, since it is in the Pacific and had been under a long war, Japan would probably see it as a easy invasion.  The axis would have to deal with a Forenia backed by the English Empire and the USSR (maybe with America joining in due to Japan attacking one of the islands under their control to get an area to strike back against Forenia after an invasion goes south.  Nation might wind up being stuck in the position they were in before Pearl Harbor, though, only supplying the Allies.)  With both scenarios, I'm just going to assume Allied victory due to this, but keep it extremely vague how they achieved it (besides those creatures I mentioned, of course).  May want to keep WWII as a noodle incident of sorts, both due to how difficult it would be to run such a game, and to be able to write up various, potentially contradictory memories of soldiers who partook in it (the general theme of 'a United Forenia is f*cking terrifying in what they can do' and it ended up with Forenia essentially becoming a large, potentially super, power on the world stage).

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 12:35:12 am »

You could go with Germany and the US team up to nuke Forenia to small pieces, and then deal with stuff afterwards.

I mean, hell, the US came rather close to joining up with Germany as it is.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 04:40:22 am »

The filthy Moskurgs spell their country without a 'b', presumably because they'd send spittle flying everywhere were they to pronounce that letter with their misshapen mouths.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2016, 11:45:04 am »

Could you tell me where you found this information?  I can't locate anything on the topic from my searches.

The filthy Moskurgs spell their country without a 'b', presumably because they'd send spittle flying everywhere were they to pronounce that letter with their misshapen mouths.

There was no typo.  Nope not at all.  Moskurg was always spelled correctly.  I never spelled it wrong.  Nope.  Not at all.

Why do I always mispell it...

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2016, 12:33:12 pm »

Could you tell me where you found this information?  I can't locate anything on the topic from my searches.
See Operation Unthinkable, rearming the Germans to fight the Soviet Union.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:28:34 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 01:18:41 pm »

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Unthinkable, rearming the Germans to fight the Soviet Union.

Uh, may want to double check your link.  And I was mostly referring to something where they would ally with the Nazi's rather than after the war.

You could go with Germany and the US team up to nuke Forenia to small pieces, and then deal with stuff afterwards.

Forgot to respond to this.  As I stated in the post above yours, I firmly believe that any events that would take place upon Forenia is fully within the realm of Sensei's influence, outside of vague references to there having been something that happened.  I'd very much rather deal with an Africa or Indonesia wherein outside influence had fully collapsed (heedless of attempts to create a government that ruled along colonial lines) causing there to be multiple forces vying for control of the area.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 78