Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 106284 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #315 on: March 30, 2020, 12:45:15 pm »

70GB!?  Now that is a deal breaker.  What could they possibly have that would justify 70 GB!?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 30, 2020, 12:50:59 pm »

70GB!?  Now that is a deal breaker.  What could they possibly have that would justify 70 GB!?

it was actually 50gb, i read the wrong folder, sorry.

and to be fair, its actually 2 games in 1 now, a singleplayer campaign game and a multiplayer game. i can't speak to the multiplayer but the singleplayer is warband on steroids (so far)
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 30, 2020, 01:25:30 pm »

it was actually 50gb, i read the wrong folder, sorry.

and to be fair, its actually 2 games in 1 now, a singleplayer campaign game and a multiplayer game. i can't speak to the multiplayer but the singleplayer is warband on steroids (so far)

Steam's showing it at a 31 GB download for me.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 30, 2020, 01:35:50 pm »

it unpacks a few items upon dl, i checked the folder itself for the filesize.

still updating my random first thoughts post, the tutorial is very restricting but when it opens up, it opens upppp.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 30, 2020, 02:02:13 pm »

I wonder how long it will be before modders can get properly started? That's when we'll see the real potential.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 30, 2020, 02:53:16 pm »

I wonder how long it will be before modders can get properly started? That's when we'll see the real potential.

not for a while, me thinks. the game is still missing some features and there are some bugs (i haven't really run into any but i have heard some others have). the basic gameplay loop of fighting>looting>upgrading>fighting is solidly implemented. no doubt that i'll find some bugs the deeper i go but im having fun turning these sad peasants into warriors.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 30, 2020, 03:35:06 pm »

So what are the big changes in the campaign???

Also I hear Multiplayer has some new modes, but can we still play classically via siege/deathmatch/etc etc etc.???
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 30, 2020, 03:42:46 pm »

so far:

there is a split between clan and kingdom. your clan is your companions, your family and things you directly own. your kingdom is your faction (owning your own kingdom is unimplemented for now). you can send your companions out to do things, like lead their own party. ive yet to join a kingdom, but there is a tab for when you do

there is no camping. not sure if its unimplemented for now, but i haven't figured out how to camp. as a trade off, you can rest within any village now

instead of general reputation with a town, now its relationships with influential figures within that town. you'll see gang leaders with territory, traders with influence, and the mayor: you can recruit basic soldiers of the town culture from them. helping them and building a relationship with these figures=more recruits.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 30, 2020, 03:52:31 pm »

so far:

there is a split between clan and kingdom. your clan is your companions, your family and things you directly own. your kingdom is your faction (owning your own kingdom is unimplemented for now). you can send your companions out to do things, like lead their own party. ive yet to join a kingdom, but there is a tab for when you do

there is no camping. not sure if its unimplemented for now, but i haven't figured out how to camp. as a trade off, you can rest within any village now

instead of general reputation with a town, now its relationships with influential figures within that town. you'll see gang leaders with territory, traders with influence, and the mayor: you can recruit basic soldiers of the town culture from them. helping them and building a relationship with these figures=more recruits.

So after 8 years of waiting for this game, they haven't even implemented all the features which were in the last game? That's pretty disappointing to say the least, but I'll try not to let it damper my mood too much. I suppose it would take me some time to get to the point where I'm ready to start my own faction anyways but somehow I doubt that feature will make it in the game within the next two weeks. Still downloading it as we speak and very excited to play.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 30, 2020, 03:53:59 pm »

@Jimbo,

Thanks dudeski,

the clan stuff sounds interessante as does the new reputation system... RIP camping if that part is true though!

@Jopax, ah darn I bought it moments before you posted that lol, also love Lindybeige! (mostly for his historical ponderances)
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 30, 2020, 04:00:51 pm »

I took the plunge. Let's see what this is all about.

Lol. I couldn't figure out why during combat training my whole desk would shake when I got hit. (I'm wearing head phones.) Turns out the rumble pack on my controller is going off every time I get hit, even though I'm using mouse and keyboard and there are literally no config options involving controllers whatsoever.

The faces are amazing but I feel like when you look at them zoomed out, they all look bug-eyed. Like the LoD is super aggressive or something.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 05:00:39 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 30, 2020, 06:06:30 pm »

@Jimbo,

Thanks dudeski,

the clan stuff sounds interessante as does the new reputation system... RIP camping if that part is true though!

@Jopax, ah darn I bought it moments before you posted that lol, also love Lindybeige! (mostly for his historical ponderances)

Hopefully the camping loss is due to some plan to eventually replace it with a build-able player settlement, complete with a quick-and-basic "camp" settlement.  We'll see!

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 30, 2020, 06:15:32 pm »

im reading alot of the negative reviews and they are so far in 3 categories:

missing features -missing features from warband, feels the same as warband

graphical issues/bugs -lag, stutter, graphics bugs, crashing

personal taste- combat doesn't feel the same as warband, it's harder, not finished enough even though it was developed for 8 years.

i should note a lot of these issues are fixable and the game has only been out for 1 day. stuff will be added. stuff will be fixed.
as for the personal taste issues ive seen; the combat rocks to me. then again, i also felt at home in kingdom come and people shit on that combat system even though its one that requires you to develop new skills in-character and out.
combat is definitely more hardcore than warband. you are not special in this game. you may have basic skills if you generated your character this way but you don't start good with any weapon. you aren't flooded with eager peasants willing to die for you. lords do not let an unknown vagabond into their homes in this. thinking you can run into a group of looters on normal difficulty with good ai and wipe them out super easy when you just started don't fly no more.

i actually blame this on the age of warband. its been out so long and people have played it so much that the minor changes in bannerlord completely fucked their expectations brought over subconsciously from warband. block timing is different, shields aren't invisible hardlight barriers, and weapons have a chance to bounce off. in warband you could go full warlord and leave your soldiers behind to wade thru the enemy. the enemy ai is now just smart enough to try to flank you, which most warband players do not expect. in warband you could rope-a-dope an entire horde of enemies into a single line to take out 1 by 1. and the campaign ai is smart enough to run at the sight of your strong force. they know they dont stand a chance, being only 6 of them vs 24 of you. they will run and being smaller, they are faster. this is actually player behavior carried over to the campaign ai and while it is annoying cuz you can't catch up and pub stomp small groups anymore, it feels more real.

all in all, its going to be a hoot for a week or two and thats price enough for admission for me. taleworlds has a history of working on their games, heck, the og mount and blade was one of the first early access games. so they have the history established for me to lend them trust for bannerlord to become complete with time.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 30, 2020, 06:52:00 pm »

I jumped on it too, mostly been doing tournaments. You can win some neat items in them, lie named weapons and such.

About combat - I like it better than Warband. I'm actually able to block strikes without having to use automatic direction using. The movement of the animations just feels easier to read.

Overall it looks to be mostly Warband But More and Much Better Looking. Some features aren't in, true, but all the ones that are in feels like they've been made more in-depth than they were in M&BW.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 62