Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 106940 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #615 on: April 17, 2020, 09:27:32 am »

I think part of the confusion is you rarely get a companion in actual armor. You get them in fancy civilian gear and sometimes a decent weapon, which when you first recruit them still makes you go "why did I pay 3000 denar for a guy with soft boots, doublet and sword?"

"I just need 4326 denars to settle some debts."

"By debts you mean that 3437 denar sword you bought on credit?"
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 17, 2020, 09:58:09 am »

"It was on sale OK?! They said it was a once in a life-time offer, and I only had another hour left to decide"
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 17, 2020, 03:47:00 pm »

I just noticed double-post: If you trade with caravans on the road, it seems you can buy up all their cargo horses and leave them moving at a snail's pace because they're suddenly overloaded
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 17, 2020, 03:52:21 pm »

I just noticed double-post: If you trade with caravans on the road, it seems you can buy up all their cargo horses and leave them moving at a snail's pace because they're suddenly overloaded

I guess that's good for one time banditry but once they know they're an enemy they'll never slow down to let you catch them.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 17, 2020, 07:16:19 pm »

I guess that's good for one time banditry but once they know they're an enemy they'll never slow down to let you catch them.

Speaking of which, anyone know how to repair relations in Bannerlord?  I mean, the "join their enemies, then get peace'd out when they do" works, but any other way?

Also, you can become a criminal, mostly by doing, most of the Town quests.  Any way to lose that status?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 17, 2020, 07:49:11 pm »

Doing this could potentially lead to more bandits catching the caravans and stealing their loot, resulting in lots of fat bandits crawling around the map for you to mop up?

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 17, 2020, 07:53:09 pm »

Speaking of which, anyone know how to repair relations in Bannerlord?  I mean, the "join their enemies, then get peace'd out when they do" works, but any other way?

Also, you can become a criminal, mostly by doing, most of the Town quests.  Any way to lose that status?

I think the criminal status just goes down over time. I also want to say that doing 'good' deeds for various village local importants lowers it as well but I only really got criminal status when I first started and stuff has changed since then/I don't remember everything. I imagine we're supposed to actually be able to run a criminal empire at some point, not just do tasks for criminals.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 17, 2020, 11:14:32 pm »

Also there is a mod that raises your relations with nearby notables anytime you kill bandits. It's a nice way to get some passive charm + relation improvements.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 18, 2020, 12:51:34 am »

Doing this could potentially lead to more bandits catching the caravans and stealing their loot, resulting in lots of fat bandits crawling around the map for you to mop up?

That just sounds like killing the prostitute in Grand Theft Auto to get your money back with extra steps.

I decided to put the game down for a week or two and give the devs a chance to work some of the kinks out, what's the general state of things right now? Are multiplayer models still absolute units?

I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 18, 2020, 01:07:06 am »

Multiplayer is all kinds of unbalanced--it just doesn't have that Warband magic yet.

That said, with mods, SP feels really good.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 18, 2020, 07:58:35 am »

I think they have to get combat to run better before multiplayer gets better.  Very slow progress, although I have noticed that the battles run better with each release.  Still not well, although I'm also realizing that both myself and my laptop have aged a bit.  What used to be decent specs are the Bannerlord minimum.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 18, 2020, 01:38:13 pm »

I can sum up my multiplayer experience by saying sturgia is an ungodly abomination combining the strongest parts of nords and vaegirs, and if you don't tale a falx you're throwing. Also had the misfortune to play as khuzait defenders on a siege map. At the time, their bows were complete dogshit despite nominally being the horse archer faction and their melee troops may as well have been cardboard cutouts. So yeah, about as balanced as... a really unbalanced thing.

Back to my previous post, I was actually referring to something I'm not even entirely sure happened. Apparently for a moment units in multiplayer became ridiculously fat. Fat enough Harlaus is building a time machine just to go back and stop them from eating all the butter. This was around April fools, so take it with a grain of salt spoonful of butter.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 18, 2020, 02:55:46 pm »

Yea almost all the models in the game became fat. It is fixed now though (I think).

Regardless, I think the failings of Bannerlord MP go beyond balance--once people can host servers (I still don't know why they decided to restrict it) and MP modding is out I'm sure I'll be happy but as it stands Warband MP >>> Bannerlord MP. It's not even close.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 18, 2020, 03:56:21 pm »

I'm not sure how Warband MP fixed it (never played), but Kergit sucked at defending in sieges.  In singleplayer, that was ok because they made up for it in field battles.  The Nords wrecked in sieges, but without horses generally died in the field.

Unfortunately, Sturgia did indeed combine that siege strength of both the Nord soldiers and Vaegir archers, and threw in sufficiently early horsemen to really wreck everyone's day.  From what I can tell, its only pure attrition that kills them off in single player.  The map is by far the most unbalanced thing in single player.  Some factions only border like 2 or 3 factions, they tend to win overall.  Others border almost everyone else, Western Empire being the best example of a surrounded faction that just can't survive.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 18, 2020, 04:11:51 pm »

Had my first battle where I managed to get 50 personal kills, most of which weren't recruits. I am starting to get used to the new combat animations, and have to say, while working one and two handed weapons from a mount is tricky, the polearm combat is very satisfying. Going to shoot for a 100 kill battle today, as my past self playing Prophesy of Pendor is still disappointed in me.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 62