Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 106897 times)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #675 on: April 22, 2020, 05:08:56 pm »

Fired up the ol' Floris on Warband today while wearing my rose-tinted glass for a riveting game of full-featured Mount and Blade...

Yeah, I can never play this again. Whatever its EA shortcomings, Bannerlord's animations and visceral combat really emphasize just how much the first game is like piloting a clunky clockwork robot.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 05:11:46 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 22, 2020, 05:23:26 pm »

Same feels. Also, the modding support is infinitely better--in a year, the mods out for Bannerlord will be insane.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 22, 2020, 06:11:51 pm »

Same feels. Also, the modding support is infinitely better--in a year, the mods out for Bannerlord will be insane.

I would cut off and burn my left nipple as a sacrifice for a Bannerlord Pendor mod.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 22, 2020, 06:14:50 pm »

I would cut off and burn my left nipple as a sacrifice for a Bannerlord Pendor mod.

Lol I think that'll be unnecessary, there isn't any documentation out rn, AND there's not REALLY any modding tools, that said I've already poked around some of the C# libraries--and combined with the functionality I've seen in some of the mods so far w/o any of the above I think we'll probably get a mod even better than PoP at some point, features and polish wise.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 22, 2020, 09:09:02 pm »

Lol I think that'll be unnecessary, there isn't any documentation out rn, AND there's not REALLY any modding tools, that said I've already poked around some of the C# libraries--and combined with the functionality I've seen in some of the mods so far w/o any of the above I think we'll probably get a mod even better than PoP at some point, features and polish wise.

I suspect the PoP folks are planning to port it over to Bannerlord, bigger and better than ever.  So no need for sacrificing there.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 22, 2020, 09:10:22 pm »

I suspect the PoP folks are planning to port it over to Bannerlord, bigger and better than ever.  So no need for sacrificing there.

Too late *winces*. The offer stands.

Upvote for an arabesque noble named Ibid One-Nip? :D

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 22, 2020, 09:14:49 pm »

Too late *winces*. The offer stands.

Upvote for an arabesque noble named Ibid One-Nip? :D

Well, I'd at least support a companion...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 23, 2020, 05:24:29 am »

I dislike the companions in Bannerlord. They only seem to come in four personalities: Spurned Scholar, Woman Sticking It To The Man, Super Grimdark Edgy Murder Boi, and Too Good For This World Goody Two Shoes Hero Guy. I know, it doesn't matter much once they're in your party, so it's not like it takes away from the game. It's just bothersome when you see a new nickname in the tavern and it turns out it's just I Loot And Murder And Paint Myself In Blood Of Infants I've Killed While Jacking Off Because That's How We Do In The Dark Ages Angry Man #7.

The only one I'm fond of is the capitalist healer from Sturgia who basically said "fuck all this helping people in need and war and shit, I'm gonna go make money". Well, I like the Tragic Scholar types too, but I'm just leant toward that stereotype, so it doesn't count.

But on to actual mechanics, now that ice gotten the rant out of me: It seems you don't get all companions during the same playthrough any more, which is a shame, but since there's so many of them, I guess it makes sense. But does anyone know if they eventually start spawning more of them after a while? I spent all my last play through looking for a trader companion (I've only seen one before, the Azerai trader woman -- there was one Cartwheeler once that I guess could have been a trader but seemed more geared towards engineering, didn't look at their stats) but couldn't find anyone. I hope it was just bad luck and it's not the case that you can end up having say only combat focused companions available because no other types spawned when you started.

Also with all the thievy types abounding everywhere. I look forward to seeing the crime boss stuff be implemented. I suppose they might be for planting a boss of your own in cities?
Love, scriver~

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 23, 2020, 05:28:24 am »

A new wanderer spawns once every few weeks, and you can check the encyclopaedia on what wanderers are available. There's also a mod that enables them to be spawned quicker
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #684 on: April 23, 2020, 08:54:04 am »

You can use https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/170 on a new campaign to get more potential companions. You can set it to simply spawn one of each template, or to spawn as many as you want. I use it to spawn one of each.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 23, 2020, 09:23:54 am »

I generally find that after day 60 or w/e, I've at least got one of each template. Now, one may be cruel while the other doesn't have sky high stats, but if you need that scout or healer they're usually there.

I agree though. Compared to Warband's fixed companions (and the companion interactions) Bannerlord's companions seem stamped out of a mould that the randomized appearance and hand-written backstory doesn't do much to cover up.

Also can we not have 45 "the Wronged" female characters? I get it, it's 2020 but I feel like I'm being beaten over the head with it.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:29:31 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 23, 2020, 09:40:32 am »

companions, so far, as a whole feel like placeholders for now. i do imagine we'll need a big group of them once delegating parts of your clan/kingdom becomes more fleshed out and i can foresee either set companions (legendaries, uniques, etc) as an update or a mod alongside the random gens.
as an example, i can guess how crime boss delegation works; you take the existing notable gangsters turf and set up your own companion to become the city crime boss, thus replacing a former notable with one of your own making and guaranteeing good recruiting outcomes. i would not want to use a unique important companion for this and hence id throw one of the rando gens in there.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 23, 2020, 01:35:16 pm »

The most recent update to PoP was just last month, and here's what they had to say on Bannerlord:

We are only a few short ways away from the release of Early Access Bannerlord. Now I know what you're thinking here: are we going to mod PoP for Bannerlord?

Simple put: we don't know at this point. We don't have the mod tools that are to come with 'release' of the game (if early access counts as that).

We don't know how the set up will be with their module system like you see in Elder Scrolls game files or if it's in the EA release at the end of March.

We may have plans but we aren't at that point where we know for sure. I mean how can we not want Pendor in Bannerlord? It's too savory or awesome to NOT imagine. Maybe one day, if we are certain though. You all will know!

Also can we not have 45 "the Wronged" female characters? I get it, it's 2020 but I feel like I'm being beaten over the head with it.

I'm not sure they're weighted. I don't think I encountered any "wronged" folks, but a lot of Shieldmaidens. (Who are indeed quite capable in battle.) There's a pretty solid guide to the various titles up on Reddit. Also includes a brief summary of spawning mechanics here.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 23, 2020, 05:05:45 pm »

You can use https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/170 on a new campaign to get more potential companions. You can set it to simply spawn one of each template, or to spawn as many as you want. I use it to spawn one of each.

Danke gut

Campaign restarted
Love, scriver~

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 23, 2020, 05:25:36 pm »

Here's an online Wanderer generator if you want to create your own custom characters

https://butterlord.com/wanderers

Pretty easy to use.

---------

I found out recently that Wanderers are not Companions. Wanderers are just slightly less generic mooks to fill out your party. Companions, coming later, will be like what they were in Warband with quests and stories and likes and romance, etc.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 62