Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 48387 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2016, 05:45:42 pm »

Mordred, ambushed by 3 bandits

"Well well, what have we here? A poor lost soul, looking for home, no doubt. We'll help you find home, for a price."

- I'm not going anywhere with you, I got stuff to do and people to answer to. But do try to make me.

A little warm feeling grows inside Mordred. He is weary from walking, but the promise of a fight - a fight he will win, he doesn't doubt that - gives him second wind. Three humans who are clearly not aware of who they ambushed. A chance to show off what he's capable of, once again to taste some blood of his own and then to feel the superiority in his powers; the challenge; this is so exiting.
You could swear his eyes are glowing with gold and red, just a little bit.

Talk. Fire up my fighting spirit. Reach out for my bastard sword and pull it out slowly, visibly enjoying the sound it makes when it leaves the sheath, even if threatened. Look like a child whose birthday presents are about to be handed to him.
((Questions: would you allow Vader-choking with telekinesis? Articulate control over gauntlet with telekinesis?))

« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 04:36:24 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2016, 05:58:24 pm »

Clunkers takes a step forward and snaps off a crisp military salute, speaking in his best liberty prime voice.

"Statement: Omega legionnaire, at your service.
Designation: Clunkers
Objective: To keep the goblin clan safe and to repel the mercanary invaders.
Query: Who might we be adressing?"

He then stops saluting, standing at attention like only a robot can.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2016, 07:19:46 pm »

Solam Kobemtosed

"So, what can you do in a fight?"

Follow those mercs. Try not to bring attention to myself while doing this.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2016, 07:23:33 pm »

Cho-Ja

Do some spying to entertain myself, how many goblins can I see?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2016, 07:50:57 pm »

Read the greegree minute goblin's emotions while Clunkers greets him.

((EDIT: That's supposed to say "grey-green goblin", but I'm not changing it.))
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 10:20:39 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2016, 08:12:21 pm »

Jack

Become invisible[1] and keep my shadow hidden in the undergrowth. Carefully observe whatever's ahead.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2016, 09:49:43 pm »

Hom, Tortoise.

"Ohoho. Fight? I prefer when people take it easy. Easy and slow. If not, well... *shrug*"

Nibble a tasty leaf. Follow Solam.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 10:51:02 am by Moopli »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2016, 07:22:43 pm »

wander around listening for noise and looking for people
You see some children playing in the dirt, throwing rocks into a circle and arguing. A couple farmers are out in the field, doing farm stuff. A barn nearby is open and a woman is in tere, busy milking a cow.

Mordred, ambushed by 3 bandits

"Well well, what have we here? A poor lost soul, looking for home, no doubt. We'll help you find home, for a price."

- I'm not going anywhere with you, I got stuff to do and people to answer to. But do try to make me.

A little warm feeling grows inside Mordred. He is weary from walking, but the promise of a fight - a fight he will win, he doesn't doubt that - gives him second wind. Three humans who are clearly not aware of who they ambushed. A chance to show off what he's capable of, once again to taste some blood of his own and then to feel the superiority in his powers; the challenge; this is so exiting.
You could swear his eyes are glowing with gold and red, just a little bit.

Talk. Fire up my fighting spirit. Reach out for my bastard sword and pull it out slowly, visibly enjoying the sound it makes when it leaves the sheath, even if threatened. Look like a child whose birthday presents are about to be handed to him.
((Questions: would you allow Vader-choking with telekinesis? Articulate control over gauntlet with telekinesis?))

((vader choking would require an opposed will check and could have backlash, as it is direct harm, but it is doable. You can control the gauntlet, though how precisely depends on the roll. If you are thinking of using the gauntlet as a distance choking device, that is doable, but a little tricky. overall, it would be a better attempt than direct force choke, I think. But it also depends on your other actions. If you are distracted, the best you could do is throw the gauntlet in someone's face.))
You talk, and slowly draw your sword. the bandits draw their weapons much quicker, and the archer fires an arrow at you, which you manage to deflect off your armor, taking a cut to the shoulder in the process. This gives the other two time to leap forward and attack, and you wind up with two more wounds - a deep cut to your left leg and a dagger in the stomach.

Clunkers takes a step forward and snaps off a crisp military salute, speaking in his best liberty prime voice.

"Statement: Omega legionnaire, at your service.
Designation: Clunkers
Objective: To keep the goblin clan safe and to repel the mercanary invaders.
Query: Who might we be adressing?"

He then stops saluting, standing at attention like only a robot can.
they look at you, and at each other. Then the big one grunts something in goblin, and the other one responds to him. Both look at you, and the big one talks slow and loud at you, in goblin.
... any of you speak it?

Solam Kobemtosed

"So, what can you do in a fight?"

Follow those mercs. Try not to bring attention to myself while doing this.
Let's see. dex -2, speed -1. (3) You step into the woods and attempt to follow the adventurers discretely but are immediately noticed. they turn and look for you, eying the brush suspiciously. the archer aims his bow in your direction. "Come out of there, whoever you are."

Cho-Ja

Do some spying to entertain myself, how many goblins can I see?

You can currently see the tops of the tents of the goblins through the tall grass. You can't even see the two Clunkers is talking too - as his giant metal ass is in the way. Yay! ER reference made.

Read the greegree minute goblin's emotions while Clunkers greets him.

((EDIT: That's supposed to say "grey-green goblin", but I'm not changing it.))
thanks for that not edit. very confusing. You fail to get a read on the goblin's emotions. RNG is having lots of fun today.

Jack

Become invisible[1] and keep my shadow hidden in the undergrowth. Carefully observe whatever's ahead.
You drift forward and peek out at what amounts to a large dirt mound, overgrown with weeds and small bushes. You circle the camp, and discover that the fort is essentially a square of piled up dirt surrounding a square of flat land on which a couple of small wooden buildings are built alongside several tents. Some beings are busy clearing brush fro mteh embankment, and others are doing other camp related things - cooking, visiting the latrine, bullshitting, cleaning boots, bullshitting, gathering wood, putting hte finishing touches on the wooden structures, bullshitting. there appear to be about twelve beings around at the moment, from your initial survey. Mostly large humanoids doing the heavy lifting, a slimy balck creature in a ... not really a robe, but sort of a bulbous sak doing the cooking, and a couple of humanoids who look like spellcasters of some sort at various tasks.

Hom, Tortoise.

"Ohoho. Fight? I prefer when people take it easy. Easy and slow. If not, well... *shrug*"

Nibble a tasty leaf. Follow Solam.
You nibble a tasty leaf and take one step before Solam stops moving, and the merc calls out for him to come forward.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2016, 07:34:02 pm »

Approach the woman slowly, hands up, dagger away and ask:
'Scuse me but I'm looking for a band of mercenaries? I have much need to talk to them, perhaps even on terms of employment.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2016, 07:34:35 pm »

"Statement: This one was locked up in a magisters library for years. Compiling language catalogs."

Check my language catalogs with robot computing. Cross reference with the words the goblin just said to me. If no data is found, compile goblin language program from the snippets I've heard so far. MAGITEK SCIENCE HO!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2016, 08:37:05 pm »

Keep watch on the camp for a few hours, watch who comes and goes, and what they're up to.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2016, 12:36:38 am »

Again, with feeling!

That is, try reading ol' grisgris' emotions again.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2016, 03:05:42 am »

Mordred, engaged in melee fight

Force push the melee attackers away, hopefully baffling them. If I would have enough strength to hurl them away so hard they would break something important, that would be just great.
Force pull the archer closer - try to strike him down with my sword when he ends up near me by the end of the pull, also baffled.

Disregard all that, see later post.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 05:41:16 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2016, 04:42:47 am »

Cho Ja

Try to sneak within earshot without being detected.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37