Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 48363 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #345 on: May 13, 2016, 01:46:16 pm »

Solam Kobemtosed

The battle seems to be over now. Be as alive as a zombie can be.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 13, 2016, 04:36:47 pm »

Moment of truth.  Jack uses immobilization on the sentry, and Mordred tackles him.  Mordred should try to stab him with the knife (or at least press it against the guy), and clamp a hand over his mouth.  Those are more important than avoiding the sword, as a single sword wound can be healed, but we'd probably lose a fight against the entire camp.  Oh, and if Comrade appears, his action takes precedence over mine.

If the knife successfully contacts the sentry, it doesn't even use its affinity skill.  It just starts screaming louder than the sentry, in an effort to completely take control of them.

((Hopefully, the knife can use the sentry as its new host, so that I can stop puppeting Mordred.  I dislike how this has degraded to the point that I've essentially stolen a character.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 13, 2016, 04:40:27 pm »

Check the corpses (excluding our living-impaired comrade) to see if they're dead. If they aren't, make them so by breaking necks and other such violent acts. Check to see if any have any of the following:
-clues to our mission: journals, reports, orders, maps, etc
-anything magical
-anything mechanical
-anything valueable

Double check the vine beast. Also, be wary of enemy reinforcements.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 13, 2016, 08:01:42 pm »

...I WOULD SUGGEST THAT YOU SUPPRESS YOUR MURDEROUS INSTINCTS, MY METAL CHUM. SURVIVORS COULD BE USEFUL.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 14, 2016, 08:22:30 am »

Try again! If they're dead start looting, try and fine something to go with my gloves and armor, preferably some leggings or boots
the vergetation still clings to you, but in a minute of shalshindg yo umanage to get free, and stomp off to kick the sorcerer in the stomach. "This one's dead!" You shout, and yank off his boots. they are too large for you, and don't match anything you are wearing.

THAT WAS EASY.

Begin examining bodies. Check each one to make sure they're truly dead, and recover as many darts as I can.
You check the grey and the troll, then gather darts from your victims.  You come up short two darts. "These are dead."

Solam Kobemtosed

The battle seems to be over now. Be as alive as a zombie can be.
You are covered in blue pain that you don't feel, and your body is thrashing about on its's own. your chest is caved in and you have no control over your limbs. "I'M NOT DEAD YET!" You shout. "I THINK I'M GETTING BETTER!" ... "I FEEL  HAPPY!" "Shut up you! You're not fooling anyone, you know!" shout's Terrance, looting the troll next to you. Anyway, you will suffer for tempdeadness, but are still undead, and could possibly be put into working order again for the rest of the mission, maybe.

Check the corpses (excluding our living-impaired comrade) to see if they're dead. If they aren't, make them so by breaking necks and other such violent acts. Check to see if any have any of the following:
-clues to our mission: journals, reports, orders, maps, etc
-anything magical
-anything mechanical
-anything valueable

Double check the vine beast. Also, be wary of enemy reinforcements.

Yep. the vine thingy is not dead. it is immobilized. as for loot. Hmm, I should think these things out sometimes.

the troll has a big heavy club and a nasty loincloth. Enjoy your prize.
The grey has a hardbound case containing several vials of unknown liquids, carefully secured, along with some compartments containing different spices, and a few needles, some small brushes, and a couple magnifying lenses. The grey's body is already starting to decompose, and is growing crystals on it's surface and beginning to twitch. Gross, but, according to your analysis, not a threat, except to hygiene.

The sorcerer has a rope ladder for some reason, a pair of silver pearl dice in a pouch, a spyglass, and a sack containing bread and cheese.

Between them, you loot ten silver and two hundred copper pieces. Must have been payday recently.

I am assuming that since everyone is looting, these are not all in Clunkers' possession. Arileht gets to the sorcerer first, Terrance to the grey, Clunkers to the troll and vine thingy.

Moment of truth.  Jack uses immobilization on the sentry, and Mordred tackles him.  Mordred should try to stab him with the knife (or at least press it against the guy), and clamp a hand over his mouth.  Those are more important than avoiding the sword, as a single sword wound can be healed, but we'd probably lose a fight against the entire camp.  Oh, and if Comrade appears, his action takes precedence over mine.

If the knife successfully contacts the sentry, it doesn't even use its affinity skill.  It just starts screaming louder than the sentry, in an effort to completely take control of them.

((Hopefully, the knife can use the sentry as its new host, so that I can stop puppeting Mordred.  I dislike how this has degraded to the point that I've essentially stolen a character.))
Jack attempts to immobilize the sentry, but the attempt fails and the sentry becomes immediately alert to your presence. But, Mordred acts quicker than the sentry does and manages to tackle him to the ground, stabbing the knife into his side. Takeover action not implemented this turn - too many things had to happen all at once. But at least he didn't shout out.

You hear movement along the ridge.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 14, 2016, 09:10:31 am »

Take the sorcerer's stuff all of it, and maybe strip a bit of vine off the vine beast and tie it around my ankle
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 10:29:47 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 14, 2016, 09:59:15 am »

Try to see if I can lift the troll club easily, just for curiositys sake.

Then walk over to the vine beast, but keep some distance. Try to search my data banks from my time with my former master for data of similar creatures to it, and attempt to establish some kind of communication, like I did with the goblins.

"Statement: greetings creature. It would be in your best interest to attempt to communicate with this one, lest you be frozen in this state forever. What are you, and who is your master?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 14, 2016, 01:34:13 pm »

Jack casts immobilization again, and if he still has time, invisibly checks what's happening on the ridge.

Mordred leaves the knife embedded in the merc, and clamping a hand over his mouth, and the other over his sword hand.

Knife dominates the man.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 14, 2016, 04:13:01 pm »

Try to discern the purpose of the oils via Farseeing. Use my 2 rearmost tentacles to heft the trunk onto my back.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 16, 2016, 06:27:10 pm »

Take the sorcerer's stuff all of it, and maybe strip a bit of vine off the vine beast and tie it around my ankle
looks like no one objects, so they are yours

Try to see if I can lift the troll club easily, just for curiositys sake.

Then walk over to the vine beast, but keep some distance. Try to search my data banks from my time with my former master for data of similar creatures to it, and attempt to establish some kind of communication, like I did with the goblins.

"Statement: greetings creature. It would be in your best interest to attempt to communicate with this one, lest you be frozen in this state forever. What are you, and who is your master?"
The club is a bit cumbersome, but you could wield it.
You wait a moment for thevinestone guy to respond, but it remains immobile. Perhaps you need to loosen the immobility a touch for it to communicate.

Try to discern the purpose of the oils via Farseeing. Use my 2 rearmost tentacles to heft the trunk onto my back.
the vials and some of the other stuff reveals itself to be ingredients. You get a sense that it is for hostile enchantments generally. Thereseem no objections, so the case is yours.

Jack casts immobilization again, and if he still has time, invisibly checks what's happening on the ridge.

Mordred leaves the knife embedded in the merc, and clamping a hand over his mouth, and the other over his sword hand.

Knife dominates the man.

After a bit of thrashing and noise, the knife manages to shut the guy down, and Mordred drags him under cover. Jack floats up to the ridge and follows another sentry, who continues on his route without alarm.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 16, 2016, 06:29:31 pm »

put on wizard's clothing over armor. Pocket the rest of his stuff. Stab at the vineguy a bit and try and see what the wizard guy had on him. Then go move down the path those guys (the mercs) came from
(can we have an update on our inventories and status?))
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 02:19:32 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 16, 2016, 06:38:19 pm »

"Statement: it seems this one would have to loosen the immobilisation magic a bit for the vine monster to communicate.
Query: All in favor of just destroying the bastard without taking chances?"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 16, 2016, 06:54:26 pm »

"Statement: it seems this one would have to loosen the immobilisation magic a bit for the vine monster to communicate.
Query: All in favor of just destroying the bastard without taking chances?"

BUrN IT...Just make sure you keep the fire away from me.
Arileth shudders and gets a thousand yard stare for a moment before shaking his head and blinking
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 16, 2016, 06:58:43 pm »

"Statement: this one does not have acces to fire magic.
query: Do any of you? "

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 16, 2016, 07:15:55 pm »

nope, thinking of learning a simple stealth spell soon, if i can.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37