Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 141256 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #450 on: June 18, 2016, 04:47:31 am »

Wouldn't that be a tad over powered? I mean NRDL may be able to survive it because fancy smancy superpowers but no normal human could.

I thought about it, and yeah, it is really overpowered. So, yeah, no. Beirus, you can do what you want except use Alchemy on someone you aren't even in the same country as. Now, if you go over to NRDL, that's different, due to their being a chance he will resist your attempt to commit horrible ionized gas based murder.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 05:37:00 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 18, 2016, 05:28:27 am »

Now, if you go over to NRDL, that's different, due to their being a chance he will resist your attempt to commit horrible ionized gas based murder.
Probably by punching or shooting you in the face repetitively!
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 18, 2016, 01:41:27 pm »

(( I read the articles. Alkahestry allows for an incredible amount of range since it uses the Dragon's pulse. Van Hohenheim can use alkahestry, since he helped to found it, even though he isn't seen using it. Still, Alchemy is based on tectonic energy, and I think NRDL is on a different tectonic plate than me, so I'm fine with not being able to reach him with my Alchemy. It was kind of a stretch anyway. But the fact that I'm getting nerfed solely because the way I want to use the article I have is "OP" is really rubbing me the wrong way. No normal human should be able to stand up to Van Hohenheim. He's a living Philosopher's Stone. Besides which, there has already been someone with the ability to alter reality through writing. Even to the extent of possibly being able to bind or erase beings viewed as Deities, and I don't remember anyone saying that was overpowered. This is the Wiki Wars, overpowered artices are always a possibility.

But fine, I'll go edit my action in about 7 hours when I'm not at work. Spoiler Alert: I'm just gonna see if the Archangels will go after him.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 18, 2016, 03:20:51 pm »

(( I read the articles. Alkahestry allows for an incredible amount of range since it uses the Dragon's pulse. Van Hohenheim can use alkahestry, since he helped to found it, even though he isn't seen using it. Still, Alchemy is based on tectonic energy, and I think NRDL is on a different tectonic plate than me, so I'm fine with not being able to reach him with my Alchemy. It was kind of a stretch anyway. But the fact that I'm getting nerfed solely because the way I want to use the article I have is "OP" is really rubbing me the wrong way. No normal human should be able to stand up to Van Hohenheim. He's a living Philosopher's Stone. Besides which, there has already been someone with the ability to alter reality through writing. Even to the extent of possibly being able to bind or erase beings viewed as Deities, and I don't remember anyone saying that was overpowered. This is the Wiki Wars, overpowered artices are always a possibility.

But fine, I'll go edit my action in about 7 hours when I'm not at work. Spoiler Alert: I'm just gonna see if the Archangels will go after him.))

Yeah, you're right too. Wiki-Wars are about being overpowered and taking what you have to the limits. It's not really because the article is overpowered, as like both of us said, you need to be in the same tectonic plate. I get what you're saying, OP articles are always a possibility, and the fact that that's the case isn't bad. If you really want to turn NRDL into ionzized gas, we can reach a compromise.

And yeah, no one can stand up to Hohenheim. I think this whole situation started because I wanted to give NRDL a chance to defend himself. Sorry that this all happened.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 03:32:22 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 18, 2016, 04:11:24 pm »

((That's perfectly valid. If nothing else, the combination of Alkahestry and Alchemy could have a circle appear under the target before the transmutation occurs to give them a chance to dodge. Ionizing NRDL isn't really something I'm adamant about, though, and it'd be fine if you just wanted to say no on the basis of the tectonics thing. The "That would be too OP so nerf" thing is what bugged me, but you've addressed that and I'm fine with whichever decision you want.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 18, 2016, 04:16:57 pm »

I guess the "circle appears under the target, giving them a chance to dodge" would work, but there is still the whole different tectonics thing. I guess whatever you want is fine, and I suppose that could work if you use quite a bit of Alchemic Power, which will drain your life energy a fair bit.

New turn will either be today or tomorrow, it depends.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 05:03:31 pm by Greatness942 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 18, 2016, 06:08:46 pm »

((I edited my action. I'm gonna save that long distance death thing for if I really need it.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 19, 2016, 02:50:50 am »

Match 1: The Beginning
Gamemode: Deathmatch
Round 34: Assist the Fish
Essex, United Kingdom
Time: Early Morning. Weather: Light Fog. Date:7/19/2016

Behind a rooftop entrance way, Cobra holds BiggerFish hostage with his dagger, Fang. What feels like a million thoughts run through his head, before Cobra's question finally sinks in. BiggerFish looks into the eyes of the One Eyed Rwandan, and simply replies with, "Yep.", to which Cobra reacts with horror...before he begins laughing. Before BiggerFish can say anything, Cobra begins muttering about his friends, PirateJoe, and traitors. BiggerFish sees an opportunity, and calls out for help! [4] BiggerFish sees a couple of cops look around, and also sees them look around to see if they can find him and Cobra. [8] The two cops, one male and one female, turn the corner to see Cobra holding a dagger to BiggerFish. Caught off guard, Cobra backs up a few inches, letting BiggerFish attack. [3 v 6+3] Cobra, only barely looking, blocks BiggerFish's patent pending ball kick. BiggerFish stands up, and tries to escape with the distraction provided by the cops. [9] He runs from the entrance back to the center of the roof to see Abigail get carted off by two paramedics, obvious bandaging around her torso, meaning she may survive. BiggerFish lets loose a sigh of relief, before turning his head to hear vague shouting from the entrance. No soldier can see him really, so what to do...

Parliament, Rwanda

TCM, quite quickly, relays the orders to retreat, before seeing Cobra in front of two cops, and sinking back into his chair in the control room.

Beirus exits the control room, before looking for Job, Esther, and Josiah. He finds them enjoying the majestic Rwandan Flower Wine, acting very mellow around Beirus. Beirus relays NRDL's location, and the Archangels rise up. Beirus asks them how long it'll take, but they assure him that they will be swift due to their holy power. Beirus nods as he watches them fly off, before taking a sip of Rwandan Flower Wine.

Moscow, Russia

PirateJoe, standing weakened at the blood pouring out of him, slowly turns his head at the Essenas, before saying, "If I pass out, please take me to a hospital. After I recover, buy me a train ticket to Vladivostok.", almost casually. He then charges towards Andrei, the gun wielding leader of a whole crime family who is hunting the man down. [7 v 9] Andrei pushes Joe away, the man landing on his feet before he begins clutching his wounds, barely standing on his feet.

?, Central Asia

Speedster vs Robot, man vs machine, NRDL vs the Robotic Assassin. His speed allows thoughts to speed through his head, all of them saying the same thing. That this droid needs to be stopped. NRDL pulls his guitar, and prepares an overhead strike straight to the robotic skull of the robot...even though it's head is just skull. [10 v 7] The heavy guitar slams into the robot, oil pouring out of the open wound as if it were blood, with it's open eye shutting as though wincing in pain. NRDL walks closer to the droid, guitar still in hand.

Officer Simon and Lauren Lorring, siblings raised at birth to serve the law, had gotten an odd call earlier that day. Automatic weapons fire in Downtown Essex. As the two siblings ran down to the location of the weapons fire, they saw a large, black and red helicopter in the vicinity. Dashing up to the roof, they see the chopper leaving, and a young woman bleeding on the roof. They suddenly hear someone cry out for help, and turn to the entrance to see a man held to the roof with a knife to his throat, the dagger being held by what appears to be a soldier. The Soldier suddenly backs up, as the man runs off. Both of them hold their service pistols up, with Simon telling the soldier he's under arrest and Lauren telling him to put his hands up.

Cobra stares the two soldiers down, before switching his dagger to his left hand, and pulling his M1911 service pistol out. Cobra fires his gun at Simon, making sure to aim down the sight. [1+3 v 5] Simon, on pure instinct, dodges the gunfire and fires back on Cobra. [5 v 7+3] Cobra merely sidesteps as the bullets hit the wall. Cobra then looks to see Blackhawk escape.

Andrei holds up his revolver, speaking Russian in a tone that can only be described as cryptic, before pointing the barrel of the Judge at PirateJoe. Before he fires, he gestures to his wounded Enforcers to beat it, before firing! [3 v 6] PirateJoe rolls out of the way, before the adrenaline finally runs out and the weakness gets to him.

The Robotic Assassin pulls it's Sniper Rifle out, oil getting into it's eyes as it tries to aim at NRDL. [7-2 v 1] A bullet suddenly penetrates NRDL's chest! As NRDL suddenly sits down due to the sudden pain, he swears he can see a bright light in the sky...wait-

Suddenly, 3 Archangels appear, pulling their swords out and pointing them at NRDL. Josiah steps forward, still pointing his sword at NRDL. He says, "N. R. D. L. Upon the orders of Brother Beirus, you are to be executed under the Rwandan Royalty and Presidency. Prepare to meet God, good sir.", only for NRDL to suddenly, and under some stress, get up, and with pain in his voice, say, "Y-yeah, yeah, give me a minute to beat this robot to deactivation.", causing Esther and Job to look to Josiah, who merely steps forward with his sword drawn, unfazed.
-----------------
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 19, 2016, 02:56:11 am »

"Damnit..." Just shot him, also hope the police/paramedics are coming.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 03:05:37 am by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 19, 2016, 02:58:11 am »

"Alrighty then."

With the last of my strength, superspeed punch/phase through both my AT mines, excite them, activate them.  Not planning on surviving this one. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 19, 2016, 03:06:48 am »

"Alrighty then."

With the last of my strength, superspeed punch/phase through both my AT mines, excite them, activate them.  Not planning on surviving this one. 
(Veeeeery Honorablu)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 19, 2016, 03:08:29 am »

"Alrighty then."

Since this is pretty much a suicide attack, I'm going to go ahead and ask, would you like to be re-waitlisted? I know it's pretty presumptuous, but well...

And this is quite honorable, I should know, I was a samurai...you know, out of the context of that being my first character in TCM's Wiki-War, that sounds pretty peculiar...

EDIT: Alrighty, then! I'll re-waitlist you...after you die. Because you aren't dead yet.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 03:20:14 am by Greatness942 »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 19, 2016, 03:15:59 am »

Sure, I'd love to be waitlisted, this is easily the most fascinating forum game I'm in currently. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 19, 2016, 08:22:34 am »

Kill the chopper with Khepri powers.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 21, 2016, 12:14:18 pm »

Why did Cobra not attempt to stab TBF?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 106