Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 140969 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #825 on: September 01, 2016, 02:01:02 pm »

Chapter Two: The Battle of Hoth
Match Three: Elimination
Round Thirteen: Demon vs. Hawk
Imperial F.O.B 79-281 N, Hoth VI, Hoth System
Evening, Snowstorm (Calm), 42 Months ABY (On Earth, 7/19/2016)

The calming storm helps numb some of the remaining pain in BiggerFish's stomach, the stinging of the wounds being replaced with the soothing nature of the calming blankets of snow as each snowflake falls to the ground. Hearing what just happened has put Fish's mind out of his ease, however, as imagining the plight of the Rebels in that situation causes him to gain a painful, yet dutifully powerful need to stop this onslaught. To begin, he begins searching around for any weapons left at the camp, specifically ones that still have ammo. [10] He not only tallies up at least 5 Blasters, but also finds that all of the weapons of the 501st are usable and in a fine condition. He places both of his hands around Bantha's discarded Gatling Blaster (100/100) as an extra Minigun, and then grabs a random Blaster. [Semi Auto, 11/11]. Because having two Miniguns is too cumbersome to get anywhere, he decides to drag both of the heavy guns together and drop one off later on. He then walks over to the scene of conflict: two people who should be allies, plus a helpful Wiki-Warrior and a ninja cyborg with the consciousness of four other ninja cyborgs, having a conflict over a dead Elite Stormtrooper. Yep. "Demon! For the love of God, man, we needed to kill him, that's why we're here! Hawk, I believe your exacerbating the problem by fighting back! Abstract...I don't know, but I'm still pissed! I'm going back to Echo Base, if anyone wants to help me, come on!", he yells out at the utter insanity unraveling around him, the anger in his face apparent. His words fall upon deaf ears, however, causing him to walk off. While the falling of the snow slowing down should be better for distance, the sheer weight of carrying two Gatling Guns around means that around halfway through, he begins struggling to make it there, meaning he has to try. [8-4] He makes it to the same cliff-face PirateJoe was found earlier on, and while he isn't at the base just yet, he can clearly see that Porkins was right: there is a large hole through the right side of the base, and the snow around the entire base is melted. Purple flame surrounds the entire base, it's color reminding BiggerFish of something, a cold feeling on his shoulder as he looks out towards the ruins.

After hearing the words that came out of Sir Intrigue's mouth, PirateJoe merely waves it off as another excuse from the rapper. He turns back to the demons, Izzik and Dretch, and begins instructing them. He tells them to go to Echo Base, and orders them to go there and wait for him. Nodding, the two of them rush towards the Base, their speed not rivaled by anyone as they rush towards the Rebel's location. PirateJoe, without much effort, begins practicing his teleportation with some light jumps, green light appearing in Joe's past location. Joe then holds the Chaos Emerald over his head, and shouts "CHAOS...CONTROL!", causing him to teleport. He goes to the same hill as BiggerFish, waving and saying hello as he sits and waits.

Due to Lady Porkins's vision, NRDL looks at the group with surprise and slight fear. If something happened to, say, Leia, then everything might be doomed. Though the quiet snowfall should be calming and collective, NRDL collects his equipment, and begins running towards Echo Base. His lighter equipment should make it easy to get there, but the weight of his armor does weigh him down slightly. [9-1] He manages to make it directly to Echo Base, the air even calmer there then it was in the plains. Looking up, he sees BiggerFish and PirateJoe, and waves a hand to them. A calm voice in the back of mind tell him that he should know these people, but he cannot the last time he's met them. Looking at the base, he sees precisely the same thing Porkins said, but two things stand out. The first is the smell: burning wood and what smells like burning bodies surround the air around him, bringing a sinister atmosphere to everything. The second are the bodies. Right inside the base, he can see three Rebel corpses. Two only have plasma slashes, but the third is still on fire and is badly burnt. NRDL holds a hand over his mouth, swallowing a small amount of vomit as he stands outside, waiting for a plan to run in.

Sir Intrigue looks over to where Joe was standing, green light covering his face as he looks around for the man who was previously very willing to have a confrontation with him. Looking around with a face of confusion, yet slight understanding, he turns around and walks up to Chewbacca, looking for any injuries on the Wookie. [7] He sees the Slugthrower wound in Chewbacca's arm, a bit of blood on the brown fur of the Wookie, leading to Sir Intrigue clasping his hands together. Pulling them apart shows the Wookie blue lightning between the fingers of the absolute Sir, before Intrigue casts the lightning to the Wookie's arm. The wound closes together, the already small blood flow stopping as everything gets healed. Sir Intrigue nods at Chewbacca, before running to Echo Base. As nothing weighed him down, he stops next to NRDL and stares at the bodies with a look of disgust on his face. Ready to fight, Sir Intrigue pulls his AA-12 out and looks into the entrance, trying to find any sign of Vader. [10] He not only sees clearly into the Base, but actually gets a result. He sees nothing more then the fainest glow of red in a corridor, but it's all he needs to get riled up.

As the red fades away from the sight of DigitalDemon, he looks directly at the Trident, still in the air as it flies out of Triborg's chest. Demon attempts to grab the Trident and wrench it away from Triborg. [10 v 2] Demon wraps his hand around the metallic wire that the Trident is attached to, and not only tears the wire away from Triborg, causing the cyborg to trip and fall over, but he also Aims right for ATH's skull, preparing to chain the attack together assuming success in the battle. [1-1 v 6] Unfortunately, in Demon's attempt to throw the Trident, he doesn't let go at the right time, causing the Trident to go right into Demon's left arm, stabbing directly into it hard, causing blood to spurt onto the ground. Demon collapses onto his knees, clutching his arm in pain as his eyes roll around. Looking to Hawk, he says, "Y-you disgust me. You could've left him. But no. You had the chance to spare him, and you took his life, out of nothing but your own sick greed. Well, you know what they say. Ain't no rest for the wicked.", spitting onto the ground in disgust.

Hawk merely stares at DigitalDemon, the purple strings and light meaning nothing to Hawk as he walks towards Demon with a downright unreadable look. Craning his head slightly, Hawk says, "What greed? I just wanted to kill him.", causing Demon to look up with a look of what seems like anger and pain, a faint tear in his eye as he takes that in. Hawk pulls his Lead Pipe out, before attempting to strike Demon's skull. [9 v 8+2] Despite the pain, however, Demon's right hand grabs Hawk's and not only does his attack stop, but Demon also punches him in the cheek, causing Hawk to step back as more of his blood covers his face.

Lady Porkins, avoiding all attention onto herself, sits behind a tent as she tries to avoid the fight. While there, she sees Ara and the Rebels wave Luke, Han, and Chewie off as those three run back to the Echo Base. Porkins holds her head in her hands as she thinks about what could possibly happening at Echo Base, nothing there calming her down as she imagines all the pain occurring at Echo Base.

((Auto'd)) ATH merely looks to the battle, unsure of what to do at the moment.

As Beirus stares into the purple eyes of the Operator, the glare staring directly into Beirus's soul as though nothing could protect his spirit. Slightly shrinking under the weight of the being in front of him, Beirus steps back a fair bit, the sound of his footsteps providing the only familiarity in this seemingly alien world. Once Beirus is right up at the edge, he gets comfortable enough to ask a lot of questions. "And here is where, exactly? The center of the universe? And you're some sort of universe destroying, soul eating anomaly, or is that a separate problem? You gonna try to kill everyone before somebody else gets the right article to get here? Or was that a threat? You gonna tear apart reality to break my wish against harm? And I suppose you're the reason for Jess being the way he is, huh? Trying to create a better host? Or did he do something special to draw your attention? And who was it that bound God to allow for this little apocalypse?", he asks, every single question killing the insane grin of the Operator. For each section of questions, he needs to convince the absolute evil in front of him. [9] "The...center of the Universe? No, of course not. We mean, can something infinite have a center? No. This...is the Void. A world between worlds, every universe acting as a parallel to this one, single world. This area? This is only a small fraction of the Void. As for the soul eating anomaly, you must be referring to that.", leading to it pointing to the gaping tear. "That...is The Maw. I guess you can say that...", before pausing, leading Beirus to try to get it to continue. [9] At that, the Operator stares at him, before saying, "We guess you should know. The Maw is what will end this world. Astrid's prophecy? This is what'll do it. In 2019, both The Maw and us will gain enough souls, enough power, to claw our way through and destroy everything. There are some things we aren't telling you. Two, specifically.", leading to Beirus trying to convince it to continue. [2] The Operator merely shakes Bolton's head, merely saying, "No. You deserve to ask questions. Not everything has an answer, and this does. You'll never know until everything happens.". [1] At Beirus's asking about the Operator's threat, the Operator teleports right to him, [1 v 9] but thanks to the Operator's currently mortal body, Beirus easily pushes the being back. Rather then gloating about how it has phenomenal power, the Operator merely brushes some dust off of it's jacket. [9] Looking back up, the Operator continues, "James? Oh, we forgot. You know him as...Jess. Yes, that's his name now. Yes, we made Jess the way he is now. But it was not to create a host, or anything he's done. It's just...a connection., leading Beirus to ask for an explanation. [10] He not only convinces the Operator to tell him what connection it means, but also goes into detail of just what it did to Jess. "His connection is a man in the W.I.P, his name is Theren Norfolk. Main scientist and engineer, he's the one who develops the majority of Jess's products. Theren...well, we can't go into any detail, we're simply forbidden. As for what we did...let's just say that there's a reason why James hates bringing his father up.", leading to Beirus asking for more. [10] More details pour out of the Operator's mouth. "First of all, we're done playing a game of playing along with you. We're only answering your questions because we know nothing's going to happen. Anyway, what we did was...well. We may have caused James to...murder his old man in cold blood. He murdered the poor man because of us. Theren knows where to find a member of the Cult of Jericho, who knows how to bring the Maw into the world sooner, to jumpstart our plan for Exodus. And James met him soon after his old man croaked. Explains how he got into all this, hmm?" [9] "We did. Because the Maw is here in the Void, we can send souls of it through the veil of the Afterlife. It was a matter of distraction."

Beirus pauses, then asks why the Operator told him all that. "Like we said, it was only because only you will know this. No one else can prepare around this. By knowing this, you are now a pawn. You've played into not just our hands, but Jericho's, Legion's, the Maw's, everyone and everything. Do you understand? You. Are. Fragile. And we are going to break you.", his eyes turning a pure, dark purple which glows in the night sky. Beirus steps back, realizing what he just did...

BSN: Lore and Info. Info and Lore. Some more words to the tune of Captain Planet's theme...

Hey, um, Beirus? Was this information dump better then the last one? I don't know how I can make stuff like this good, so I would be appreciative about it. Also, now that you know some...things, they may become a future intermission. Just saying...

-----------
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: LordPorkins (Beirus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DigitalDemon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 01, 2016, 03:37:39 pm »

Give piratejoe the Gatling Blaster.

Then go into Echo Base.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 01, 2016, 04:01:11 pm »

I was about to continue on to echo base but TBF gave me a gatling blaster, I took it and holstered it and then continued on, where I to see my demonic minions I would tell them to go find and kill the guy with the black armor and red lightsaber.

(Damn, that writing, ever though of making a book?)
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 01, 2016, 04:09:20 pm »

Rush in to echo base, guns ready.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 01, 2016, 04:56:10 pm »

"Of course you'd say that."

Rip the trident out of my arm, and stab Hawk in the chest./b]
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 01, 2016, 05:03:04 pm »

"At least it's more sensible than befriending your enemies... Quadborg, set him on fire."

Why is Triborg called Triborg if he has 4 forms? Meh, whatever. If eating Buffout won't induce addiction, nom on some pills and bitch-slap Demon with the pipe. If not, break away from melee and shoot him in the face with my revolver.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 01, 2016, 05:08:34 pm »

(Damn, that writing, ever though of making a book?)

Actually, yes. I've wanted to write, to make my own worlds and characters. I have ideas, and perhaps I could write them out. I've always liked digital mediums, though. You know, stuff like E-Books, short stories, fanfics...what? It's a decent hobby, good practice, and...I have to stop assuming things.

But no, seriously. I love writing, and I really do want to write stories.

"At least it's more sensible than befriending your enemies... Quadborg, set him on fire."

Why is Triborg called Triborg if he has 4 forms? Meh, whatever. If eating Buffout won't induce addiction, nom on some pills and bitch-slap Demon with the pipe. If not, break away from melee and shoot him in the face with my revolver.
"Of course you'd say that."

Rip the trident out of my arm, and stab Hawk in the chest./b]

Jesus. My vision of what a GM should be says I should stop this. My actual experience? Let 'em deal with it. It's most likely IC, so getting worked up about it won't help.

(Nerd/Continuity Nazi incoming!) Also, he's called Triborg because the Cyber Sub Zero variation is actually hidden. The player would need to do the steps needed to access variationless characters in MKX to get him. (Nerd/Continuity Nazi over)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 06:43:51 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 01, 2016, 05:13:57 pm »

Jesus. My vision of what a GM should be says I should stop this. My actual experience? Let 'em deal with it. It's most likely IC, so getting worked up about it won't help.
((Normally I would've tried to stop the battle, but at some point the Wiki-Warfare Hawk became a psycho. Breaking character would be bad, wouldn't it?))
(Nerd/Continuity Nazi incoming!) Also, he's called Triborg because the Cyber Sub Zero variation is actually hidden. The player would need to do the steps needed to access variationless characters in MKX to get him. (Nerd/Continuity Nazi over)
((Ah, I see.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 01, 2016, 05:16:54 pm »

((Normally I would've tried to stop the battle, but at some point the Wiki-Warfare Hawk became a psycho. Breaking character would be bad, wouldn't it?))

Indeed it would. As someone who loves roleplay, breaking character in the moment isn't the best thing to do. Like I said, it's not something I need to worry about.

The response about the story, in case no one saw, wasn't a joke. I really do love to write, it was just an idea.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 06:22:44 pm by Greatness942 »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 01, 2016, 07:14:56 pm »

"So how are we going to take on Vader."

Wait outside Echo Base for the others healing people who aren't DigitalDemon.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 02, 2016, 05:22:33 pm »

This is sort of a half bump/half question sort of deal. See, after last turn, I got to thinking about that info dump, and now I'm in the mood...the mood for feedback, that is. (Psychiatric Note: Patient wants people to tell him how much he sucks.) I was wondering if there was anyway to make the story better. Like, in terms of pacing and exposition. I ask myself questions like, "Should I reveal this? I shouldn't have revealed this. Should I put in this plot point now or later?", stuff like that. The other stuff is fine in my opinion, it's just a thought. Nothing major, just something to help.

Essentially: Expo dumps are evil, help me avoid them.

EDIT: Don't know if I made a mistake by asking so many questions. I'm sorry. I just want to make this fun. If I am being annoying, I'll try to stop. On a lighter note, anyone have one of these in blue, purple, or black?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 05:56:27 pm by Greatness942 »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 02, 2016, 06:49:25 pm »

I like the exposition.  I just can't react too much ICly...Unless...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 02, 2016, 08:30:46 pm »

I like the exposition.  I just can't react too much ICly...Unless...

Oh, good. Glad to know that even with expo dumps in a forum game, I can make 'em work a little. I may have to start writing stories if I can do that...somehow. Not sure how I did that. Like, how did I do that?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 02, 2016, 09:36:07 pm »

((I liked the expo dump. Plenty of good information, and nice scene setting. Although I feel like that turn might have burnt through all my 1s, 2s, 9s, and 10s :p))

As soon as he realization hits him, Beirus laughs. He laughs at his own prior blindness to the situation, and he laughs at the Operator. His laugh rises slightly in pitch, sounding a bit unhinged. He catches his breath afterwards before speaking. "Break me? I've already done that. I killed millions without a thought for my own principles, purely out of hurt at a betrayal I knew was inevitable. I compromised my morals when all I wanted to do was save everyone and stop the destruction. I know my inner demons, Operator, and you aren't one of them. And you, like most megalomaniacal beings, seem to forget that a pawn can become the strongest piece on the board. So keep piggybacking on with the Maw and Legion. But know this. If you do destroy everything, all the people that would commit atrocities on eachother, everything until nothing is left in this universe, nothing to harm itself, to harm others...well then I guess I win too." Beirus follows this with another half-mad chuckle.

"You know, since you mentioned nobody else would come here, this is probably a great place for my phylactery. Right where you can reach it to kill me. But you wouldn't do that, would you? Not if I am a pawn in this apocalypse, as you claim. Unless you think that is supposed to be my fate, just so you can presumably pull my soul from the Maw like I assume you did with the others that came back."

Conversation that hopefully doesn't involve rolls. Defend self with Aether Manipulation and Alchemy if necessary, specifically by forming the Operator's souls into a Philosopher's stone to both weaken him and strengthen me. Only if he tries to kill me, though.

Porkins: To Echo base with Luke!

« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 09:39:08 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 03, 2016, 01:49:08 am »

I liked it. If people aren't invested in the story, skipping it doesn't matter too much, and if you're interested in the lore (and I am), it definitely enhances the experience.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 106