Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 141251 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #870 on: September 09, 2016, 03:33:38 pm »

It was time to finish vader off, I let out a roar and charged in a attempt to finish him off before anyone else, hoping my demonic minions who's names I still cant remember would help in killing him.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 09, 2016, 03:34:30 pm »

Use Quickdraw and shoot Vader.  As many times as possible.

Which is either 2, 4, or 6, depending on whether 'with any handgun' means it's per gun, and whether the blaster rifle counts as a handgun.  Gun katas much???

Quickdraw: Can fire 2 bullets in one turn with no debuffs with any Handgun.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 03:41:04 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 09, 2016, 03:40:47 pm »

"How about you stop struggling and make friends with Death?"

Shoot Demon again. In the head.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 09, 2016, 04:05:45 pm »

Beirus: More commentary

Porkins: Force Pull Vader onto my lightsaber and end him.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 09, 2016, 04:13:13 pm »

((hooray

more shitty rolls

i'm getting a faint feeling of deja vu from when i was in the first round of this game :v))

Attempt to tackle Hawk, and shoot him with his revolver. Probably die.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: September 09, 2016, 04:24:13 pm »

Toss a thermal detonator at Vader, staying a safe distance away.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 09, 2016, 07:18:34 pm »

Use Quickdraw and shoot Vader.  As many times as possible.

Which is either 2, 4, or 6, depending on whether 'with any handgun' means it's per gun, and whether the blaster rifle counts as a handgun.  Gun katas much???

Quickdraw: Can fire 2 bullets in one turn with no debuffs with any Handgun.

...Huh. Didn't actually think about that. I guess you can use more then one handgun, since a quickness is drawing a gun fast enough that your enemy can't react, and if you're fast enough to quickdraw one gun and shoot twice, you must be fast enough to draw two and shoot four. Plus, your -2 is only to movement speed, debuffing things like charging and wading through difficult terrain. As for the Blaster Rifle, handguns are generally considered to consist of Pistols, since those can fit on only one hand.

((hooray

more shitty rolls

i'm getting a faint feeling of deja vu from when i was in the first round of this game :v))

Attempt to tackle Hawk, and shoot him with his revolver. Probably die.

If you do end up dying, would you like to re-waitlist? I understand having such bad luck may be a sour point, which is why I feel bad when people get the short end of the stick like that.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 09, 2016, 10:19:00 pm »

((Yeah, I'd be up for re-waitlisting. Also, discord link expired.))
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 09, 2016, 10:32:13 pm »

((Yeah, I'd be up for re-waitlisting. Also, discord link expired.))

Cool! ...Wait, really? I guess there is a timer, sort of.

Here's a new invite. I'll remove the link from the OP, and just post an invite whenever someone asks.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 10, 2016, 08:28:02 am »

To heal, or to go for the win. Hmm.

Unload my AA-12 into vader once more while moving to safety.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 10, 2016, 10:55:49 am »

Since everyone's posted, (which is cool, by the way) I'll type up the turn in a few minutes.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 10, 2016, 02:27:51 pm »

Chapter Two: The Battle of Hoth
Match Three: Elimination
Round Seventeen: There's Always a Bigger Fish
Ruins of Echo Base
Evening, Snowstorm (Calm), 42 Months ABY (On Earth, 7/19/2016)

As the room grows warmer and patience wears thin, PirateJoe realizes that even in his injured state, Vader is a powerful opponent. Luke's possible death drives that point forward, causing Joe to look with disdain upon everything that's happening. As he watches his allies pump lead and slice plasma through the Sith Lord, something seems to strike at his very core. A distant memory of the same wish that was offered here, surrounded by dust seems to appear from the corner of his eyes, before his vision turns blurred and red from rage. As he stands up, a familiar disgusting yellow glow surrounds his arm, with his eyes glowing crimson as his mouth opens in a terrifying snarl. The screech heard during the last few times erupts from his lips, causing everyone except Vader to step back. Vader attempts to stand back up, [7 v 9] only to have to roll out of the way of the charging PirateJoe, causing the Wiki-Warrior to hit the wall hard, though he suffers no injuries as a result. Taking a step back, Joe turns to see Vader unharmed from the charge, causing Joe to slam his fist to the ground in anger as his sight returns from rage and sees color again.

As he stares into the room that grows increasingly loud and violent as things draw closer and closer to a close, BiggerFish plays into his abilities, and slings his Minigun over his shoulder, before holding his left hand on the Six-Shooter and his right on the .54, clicking the safety of the pistol off in the process. After staring at Vader for a while, to get the shot right, his hands wrap around the grip of both pistols before slamming them upwards! [10 v 5] [4 v 9-2] [10 v 7-2] [8 v 2-2] Suddenly, a Magnum bullet smacks into Vader's chest, causing him to become weakened due to pain and blood loss. A .54 bullet hits Vader's chest, causing Vader to hit the ground, his breathing going slower and slower. BiggerFish, with a bit of flair, fires Revolver a second time, the bullet smashing through the helmet and spreading blood and brain matter across the floor, as the labored breathing of the Sith Lord stops.
BiggerFish has shot out Darth Vader! BiggerFish earns:
A Wish!

Everyone who wanted to kill Vader stop in place, shocked at the bullets flying and killing Darth Vader. PirateJoe is frustrated at his loss, yet the rest are simply relieved that the battle is over. Lady Porkins holsters Luke's Lightsaber, and rushes towards him, placing two fingers upon his neck to see if he survived. [10-2] Despite the seemingly fatal injury, Luke's pulse is still strong and he seems to be regaining consciousness. Porkins places the Lightsaber next to Luke, a sad smile on her face as she walks to the rest of the group.

Beirus stares at the screen in shock, his face devoid of any emotion other then surprise as he stares at what just happened. "Ladies...Gentlemen...THE BIGGER FISH HAS JUST WON! I'm not sure anyone was expecting this, but it was quite the fight. Oh my God. ...Well? He gets a wish, let's go!", the last part of his conversation directed to the Pilot, who looks to Jess for approval. Jess, Logan, and Veronica are all equally shocked, obviously not expecting such a victory. Nodding in a daze, The Pilot flies down, the rotors of the Chopper providing a pleasant noise as they get closer to the ground.

As he looks upon the burned form of DigitalDemon, the psychopathic Wiki-Warrior known as Hawk holds his Revolver out before pointing it at Demon's skull, the lead bullets inside giving the action more weight. As he pulls back the hammer for dramatic flair, he says, "How about you stop struggling and make friends with Death?", before squeezing the trigger. [8 v 9-2] The bullet only makes a light graze on Demon's cheek, not causing much damage, or at least not much compared to the onslaught. Still, this awakens a memory of someone who seems like PirateJoe aiming a gun at them, causing Demon's eyes to open, before he rises to his feet, limping and battered as more crimson blood hits the snow.

As blood drips onto the white landscape, Demon smirks, his burns only making the smile more disjointed, before he charges towards Hawk, holding his hands out to grab him. [10-2 v 3+2] Despite Hawk's attempts, Demon still slams him to the ground with a satisfying smack before making a grab for the Revolver in Hawk's right hand. [2] Hawk's grip remains strong, leading to a fight for the firearm. [4 v 9] Hawk's hand remains tightly wound around the grip of the gun, causing Demon to try another method. [9-2 v 9] Hawk blocks a punch coming directly for his face, his hand catching the burned and scarred one, before he whistles, catching the attention of Triborg...

Triborg, already looking in the direction of the conflict, calmly walks over to the fight with Flamthrowers primed, before pointing them at the already burned DigitalDemon. [3 v 7-2] Surprisingly, Demon actually rolls out of the way at the same time Hawk does, the flames once again burning the landscape around them. Both men stand back to their feet, ready to continue the conflict.

Hearing the rotors, BiggerFish steps outside, along with the rest slowly following, with what seems to be a song coming from the speakers or playing in their heads. The Helicopter lands on some even snow, it's metal form casting a shadow on some of the surrounding area. Jess, Jaws, Veronica, and Beirus all exit the chopper, all 4 of them ceasing their shock, though still stunned at the events. Jess merely motions to Logan to go to BiggerFish, and Logan stops in front of him. Holding out a hand, time pauses and the surrounding worlds goes dark, the snow turning to stone under BiggerFish's feet. Logan says, "I'm sure he must have told you subconsciously what to wish for, but I'm just going to remind you. You can either wish to change the world, change the type of match or where it is for next time, wish for a specific article for you next time, or wish to carry an Article from here to next time. Also, you can't wish for the Dragon Balls. You either need to find them yourself, or wish for a Dragon Rader and do the same thing, because...well, I'm sure you know.", to which the Darkness opens up to reveal millions of Purple and Red eyes watching them. Logan then holds out the orbs that contain the magic for each wish, nodding his head as if to give the go ahead to pick one.
-----------
BSN: Holy crap in a handbasket! The second victory!

Now, two things. One, PirateJoe. Please don't be *too* upset that it wasn't you. It's just a game, and losses happen. It's best to put on a brave face and say "That could be me next time", then to sulk and complain. Personal experience with non-forum games.

Second, Hawk vs. Demon will continue, even after the Epilogue, because...reasons. When it ends, Intermission, and then Chapter Three, Round 0.

Now, since there was a victory, no sheets. So...onto the reactions?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 02:15:54 pm by Greatness942 »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 10, 2016, 03:01:35 pm »

"I wish that the Machine from Person of Interest will exist, along with all its assets, its creator, and its resources and its creators' resources, that it will be able to work across the multiverse, and that anyone causatively related to the Wiki-Wars could not take direct hostile action against it."
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 03:04:37 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 10, 2016, 03:51:42 pm »

Headbutt Demon and then beat him into a pulp with the revolver, since he wants it so much.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 10, 2016, 05:52:15 pm »

Slam Hawk onto the ground, and punch his face in, then reach for the revolver.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 106