Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 141275 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #930 on: September 17, 2016, 08:11:06 am »

((I believe the 'she' in the paragraph was a misspelling, but it made me quite excited ;-;))

".... Here we go again...."

Search any nearby structures for a tool to amplify the electric guitar.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: September 17, 2016, 08:12:27 am »

"It's not time to fight. It's time to slaughter."

Summon hordes of Spectronissa and have them crawl into all possible orifices of my foes.

Then steal Beirus' Aether Embodiment, use it to teleport myself to America and start creating giant meteors to strike all over Japan. But have most of them fall on the where the battle begun.

Should someone interrupt me, shoot them.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 09:29:26 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: September 17, 2016, 09:28:18 am »

Throw the Adventure Core at Hawk for a distraction, then attack from behind with a barbed-wire garrote!  Or just bash them in the head with the spool.

Preferably, before they attack.

"I hope that somebody knows where the heck it is I am."
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 09:31:48 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: September 17, 2016, 11:30:39 am »

Gallop away from the group and fire my vortex rifle at Hawk.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: September 17, 2016, 11:59:12 am »

((Whoa, I suddenly pulled all the aggro. Guess you people really don't like dying in a fiery inferno without even a chance of retaliation, huh?))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: September 17, 2016, 12:18:23 pm »

((Whoa, I suddenly pulled all the aggro. Guess you people really don't like dying in a fiery inferno without even a chance of retaliation, huh?))
((Yup!))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: September 17, 2016, 01:08:55 pm »

Warp Hawk's soul into a little Philosopher's Stone if nobody else has killed him yet, or if his soul is still around after. Before it gets to the Maw, though. Use my Alchemy and Aether Embodiment for this, and use them to destroy all of Hawk's allies and abuses of my stolen article as well.

Afterwards, or if Hawk is dead already, Rift to a cave on Mars.

If I need to defend myself for any reason at any point, use my Alchemy and Aether Manipulation to deal with any threats. If that threat has a soul, make it a Philosopher's Stone in retaliation.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 06:57:36 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: September 17, 2016, 01:15:43 pm »

((I believe the 'she' in the paragraph was a misspelling, but it made me quite excited ;-;))

".... Here we go again...."

Search any nearby structures for a tool to amplify the electric guitar.

If you mean the paragraph at the lab, then it wasn't. My idea is that the unaltered players, before they gain any articles, are their real selves. So, I put that in. It's just something I did because I wanted to be nice.  :)

"It's not time to fight. It's time to slaughter."

Summon hordes of Spectronissa and have them crawl into all possible orifices of my foes.

Then steal Beirus' Aether Embodiment, use it to teleport myself to America and start creating giant meteors to strike all over Japan. But have most of them fall on the where the battle begun.

Should someone interrupt me, shoot them.

Warp Hawk's soul into a little Philosopher's Stone if nobody else has killed him yet, or if his soul is still around after. Before it gets to the Maw, though. Use my Alchemy and Aether Embodiment for this, and use them to destroy all of Hawk's allies and abuses of my article as well.

Afterwards, or if Hawk is dead already, Rift to a cave on Mars.

If I need to defend myself for any reason at any point, use my Alchemy and Aether Manipulation to deal with any threats. If that threat has a soul, make it a Philosopher's Stone in retaliation.

Huh, didn't think Hawk could match up to Beirus, but he can. Now, of course the two of them can lose. I'm just saying that I didn't expect that.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 01:50:37 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: September 17, 2016, 06:55:57 pm »

Flee in a direction away from the other wiki warriors, with my pups following me.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 07:39:35 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: September 17, 2016, 07:33:15 pm »

Flee in a direction away from the other wiki warriors.

(( Also, how do I use my colmillos?  Are they just spawnable whenever I want, or..? ))

They're allies, so they're already in play. You can either control their actions or let me do their turns.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: September 17, 2016, 07:39:16 pm »

Editing mah turn.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: September 17, 2016, 08:10:41 pm »

((For brevity's sake, and because I like the name, I'm naming my mafioso Paulie))

"Well then. You ready for this Paulie? Pump their guts fulla lead!" Dive behind some nearby cover and unload my tommy gun into the most available wiki warrior.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: September 17, 2016, 10:57:14 pm »

((Can I "repair" used splash potions and ammo containers?))

If two or more Wiki-Warriors are standing in the splash radius of a single Potion of Poison, toss one at them. Otherwise, flee outside and attempt to climb onto the roof.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: September 17, 2016, 11:10:14 pm »

((Can I "repair" used splash potions and ammo containers?))

If two or more Wiki-Warriors are standing in the splash radius of a single Potion of Poison, toss one at them. Otherwise, flee outside and attempt to climb onto the roof.

It would mostly depend on how you used an item. Since this isn't Minecraft, you could just pour the contents of a splash potion onto someone, and you could craft more, thus repairing the contents. If you Splash Potion it, which keeps you out of range, then the bottle shatters, and if you pick up the pieces of glass, you could repair it. Same with Ammo Containers. If you pick up a shell casing, you could repair it into an actual bullet. Otherwise, it would be a replacement, and you can't pick up more Assets. ...Except you need to pick up the shards and the casings...hold on, I'll change the ability to something better.

@Everyone: Wow, first day? Well, the next turn will be coming soon, so stay tuned.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: September 20, 2016, 04:06:25 am »

Chapter Three: The Test Subjects
Match One: Deathmatch
Round One: Pain
Tsuyama Railroad Educational Museum, Tsuyama, Okayama, Japan
Early Morning, Cloudy, 7/20/2016

As the clouds move through the sky and the sun's rays bear down on the Tsumaya Museum, the loud ringing of a 44. Magnum round piercing the air brings the attention of the Wiki-Warriors to each other, before they begin their attacks. PirateJoe springs up first, the vivid memories of the snow and wind just a day ago giving him a smile on his face, and an even bigger one emerging when he figures out his powers. "Heh, time to fight yet again. Now, lets see. Easy, normal, hard, or lunatic? Let's have fate decide.", he mutters, before holding out his hands and concentrating his powers. [4] His palms begin to glow before a red plasma laser bursts out of his hands, three bursts shooting out towards one of the closest warriors: BiggerFish. [4 v 2] [6 v 1] [8 v 1] One laser slashes close by to her, the beam burning her skin lightly as she recoils...into the second's path, blasting through her stomach and causing her to fall onto her back. As she rises to her knees, the third and final laser approaches her, it's heat radiating off of the surroundings before it's path meets BiggerFish. She holds her hand out before collapsing, the blast seemingly missing her until she tries to stand, and cannot. At that, she looks at her right hand, only to see a stump laser-cauterized in place of it, the missing limb sailing off in an arc away from her. At that, all she can do is yell out, staying on her knees as plans seep out of her mind, replaced with pain as she nothing from the wrist down...

Simple words echo through Demon's mind, the phrase reflecting his exact thoughts on the situation. ".... Here we go again....", he thinks to himself, not sure if the tone his thoughts took reflected exasperation or acceptance at the situation. As he looks to the screaming BiggerFish, her pain visibly apparent on her face, he turns back towards the Museum before heading towards the door, wanting no part in the current shenanigans. Peeking his head into the door, he looks around for anything he can use to amplify his guitar. [8] Seeing nothing inside, he turns to the parking lot only to see an amp laying around, possibly abandoned or simply left there, laying there. Demon races towards it, eyeing a detailed wood finish and black speakers, before dragging the thing inside, or at least attempting to. [4] He doesn't pull it up, however, merely because it's a mite too heavy. If he tries again, he might be more successful, but at that very moment, he merely turns back to the battle, the sound of fighting piercing what little silence existed as time progressed.

If one word described Hawk right now, it would be "thrill". The thrill of battle, the thrill of war, drives the now psychopathic Wiki-Warrior more then ever. As Hawk steps forward, his eyes still calm as the bloodshed had only started by someone else's hands, he turns to everyone before holding out his hands, his psyche bending and slightly tearing at each individual seam as time progressed. [7] Suddenly, the sounds of pained yells are silenced as everyone looks up to see hundreds of moths dot the sky, each individual insect seeming poised to black out the sky with their swarm. As suddenly as they appear, they suddenly dart down, each one charging forward with similar intent to slaughter, same as their master. [1 v 2+2+2] [3 v 3] [5 v 5] [9 v 6] [2 v 2] [9 v 10-2] [6 v 1] [4 v 7] First, a small swarm flies towards Beirus, their wings flapping like an engine as they work their way to the target. Needless to say, the small insects are either batted away or crushed by the skilled Alchemist, each one retreating out of a truly living self preservation. Alchemizing the dead ones, he creates a small red blob, not quite a Philosopher's Stone, but it'll work. Next, they approach Elephant Parade, but whether through simply closing her mouth and covering her ears, or batting them away, they are once again unable to touch her. Person, perched atop his horse, is also attacked, but rifle butt meets exoskeletoned skulls, and before long, only retreating bugs escape yet again. Finally, a single swarm succeeds in part of their mission, as they fly away from the main museum to a small parking lot close by, where Demon is standing. Moth after moth flies towards him, and though he tries to bat them away, some of them manage to fly into his mouth and ears, each one's movement sending painful jolts through his skull and nerves, causing him to collapse to his knees in agony. NRDL is also attacked by the monstrosities, his ears tuned to the sound of dozens of wings flapping, creating a sound that would become associated with a full frontal assault via the moths. Despite their wings turning into an orchestra of flapping, NRDL still holds off the insane and violent bugs, making sure that not a single one touched him. BiggerFish stays stock still and in pain, the combination of a lack of adrenaline and all too much agony causing her to be caught unawares by the moths. Despite fighting some off, one still manages to fly into her mouth, not causing much pain, but having the chance to do massive damage should it go further. PirateJoe comes next on the agenda of the mission, each moth darting forth without much self preservation or care in the world. Despite being less careful, they get more done, with most, if not a vast majority of them flying into many orifices. Mouth, ears, nose, and other areas are all assaulted by the moths. Joe collapses onto the ground, hitting the ground as he begins convulsing in violent pain. Finally, the new guy Dolosus Doleus is set upon by the moths, but once again, some well placed hits with a rifle butt and his bare hands smack them away, leaving him unharmed as all the surviving moths swarm around a train close to Hawk.

Hawk then turns to the Disgraced Alchemist, his eyes finally set upon with bloodlust as his vision gains a sick, red tint. Placing his left hand up forward, it begins to glow purple and yellow, the Netherrealm magics of Shinnok forming into his palms as he points it at the Alphonse Elric-resembling man known as Beirus, before he fires the magic at him. [6 v 3+2] Beirus, after fighting off the moths, turns his head only to see a purple and yellow orb spark and glow towards him. He clasps his hands together, and tries to transmute a wall up, but before it rises high enough to block the magic, it hits Beirus's armor, seeping through to his flesh, stunning him. Magic returns to Hawk, the purple light colliding with his chest causing certain parts of his clothing to glow yellow. As he begins laughing, he first decides to use his powers to teleport to America. [5+2] He chops his hand across the veil of time-space, a red Rift slashing through the fabric of the universe and causing red light to shine through everything. Hawk steps through, flashing through everything as his mind warps through seeing the space between space. Finally, he flies out of the Rift and lands near a city, a blue sign that reads "City of Los Angeles" adorning a nearby sign. Next on Hawk's insane agenda was a very familiar action: meteors. Lots of them. [10+2] Lots of them. Many very large meteors block out the sky as they fly towards Japan, and not only do they all assault Japan, but their size causes them to have a better chance of death. [3+2 v 4+2+2] [10+2 v 9] [1+2 v 2] [9+2 v 6-1] [5+2 v 7] [8+2 v 3-3 (Extreme Pain+Weakness)] [9+2 v 8-2 (Extreme Pain)] [8+2 v 5] The first large meteor to hit the area starts towards Beirus, but his Alchemy creates a stone wall, which causes the flaming space rock to immediately break apart into small fragments and hit the ground. Then, another meteor slams into Elephant Parade, causing her to hit the ground before the rock hits her right arm, pinning the limb under the meteor, burning and holding her arm to the ground as he screams in violent pain. Person turns his head to see a small meteor, just in time for it to smack his face, causing his cheek to bleed lightly. Digital Demon turns to see a meteor come towards him, and as he runs, it impacts the ground behind him, sending him flying into the museum. He goes unconscious on impact, only briefly seeing stone and chunks of rock becoming shrapnel as it stabs into his chest, arms, and legs, causing a fair amount of blood to pool under him, along with his left foot on fire, burning brightly and painfully. NRDL and his Colmillo turn to see another meteor come towards them, and they all duck into a train carriage, the meteor crashing into the ground as some fire burns. Fish isn't so lucky, as she looks up from her moth induced pain to see a giant rock smash right into her painfully. Her mind blanks out into nothing but the darkness, as her heart stops. PirateJoe also looks up to see a meteor, and in pain, he begins crawling away and shaking. He doesn't go too far, as the meteor smashes right into the ground...with his right leg with it, pinning it under the rock. He falls into the crater, his leg still under the meteor as he feels more pain then he thought possible. Finally, Dolosus sees a meteor smashes through the sky, it's path causing fear to settle in as it smashes through his left arm. Dolosus hits the ground and looks up to see his left arm dislocated and close to being torn off as blood pools under it. Hawk grins, before sitting down as he thinks of all the death happening.

BiggerFish has been cru- "This was a triumph...I'm making a note here, HUGE SUCCESS. It's hard to overstate my satisfaction..."

BiggerFish suddenly wakes up inside of a train, no pain, moths, or anything hurting her in any way, shape or form. Her right hand has returned, though with a searing heat causing her mind to spin slightly. As she looks down, she sees that her stomach wound not only remains, but familiar crimson liquid dots her clothing and the train car, which carries pain, but no pain or weakness strong enough to hurt her yet again. She suddenly gets a call on her earpiece, and she places a hand up to it. Before she can even say hello, a British voice filled with worry and fear begins speaking into her mic. "Fish? Fish, please tell me you're still alive!", Abigail yells, worried about her. "Yes, Abigail, I'm fine.", Fish remarks, Abigail sighing in relief before continuing. "Oh, thank God! I could have I-...wait, are you British now? And a woman?", to which BiggerFish merely chuckles a little bit before confirming. Abigail responds with, "...I don't mind.". Before Fish can ask what Abigail means, she doubles over in pain. She looks around for Hawk, but he's no where to be found, adrift to the veil of space time...

Person clutches his cheek in anger, blood on his fingertips giving him a violent anger as he clicks the safety of the Vortex Rifle off and turns his head to try and find Hawk, but try as he might, the purple light has caused the psycho to vanish off to God knows where, causing Person no small degree of anger as he stays perched upon his horse. He gallops around the museum, a scowl on his lips as he trots off.

Beirus looks around at the corpses of the Moths on the ground, the lifeless twitches of their wings giving off a sinister vibe, an omen of what he knows lies beyond the fabric of space-time. Stepping forward with the object resembling the Philosopher's Stone, he looks around the battlefield, fire and stone littering the ground as everything around him looked more like scorched Earth. After all that, the Earth around the museum seemed to crack and burn, the result of several large meteors destroying land, building, and train engines on display. Resolving to get revenge for driving home the end of days, as well as all the pain and violence on display, Beirus clasps his hands together, making sure to work in his manipulation of the Aether to assist in his endeavors. [1+2+2] Beirus opens his hands, tearing a Rift into space-time, the resulting portal being white, with blue light emanating from it. Beirus steps in, and the familiar sense of warping and shifting plague his mind once again. Despite this, he looks forth to see the exit Rift shifting through many different places, before he begins to use his Aether Manipulation to shift it back to normal. [2+2] He manages to get it back to California, and Earth, but he quickly finds he's not quite Hawk is, or at least he assumes. He leaves the Rift to hit sand, looking up to see a sign reading that his current location...is Fresno. Looking up, he tilts his head before just turning his head to the south, thinking about where Hawk could be...though he has a feeling...

NRDL looks around, seeing the destruction unfold around him like nothing he's seen before. Fire, stone, and blood paint the area like a demented canvas as he looks out into the fire, the visage of an explosion and angel wings giving him an emotional pain like he's only felt once before. Turning his head, he sees that Jess and co. have disappeared, a faint purple light disappearing quickly giving him the clue he needs to figure out what happened. Turning his head to his Colmillo dogs, he whistles to the five Las Plagas infected dogs before running away from the scene, the Colmillos following him as the cracked Earth under them settles, dust surrounding them as the war around them continues away from them. They stop at the Parking Lot, lots of cars having parked there to unintentionally aid in their escape.

Dolosus Doleus rises to his feet, wincing in pain as his bleeding left arm dangles lifelessly off of his shoulder. He turns his head to his Mafioso comrade, the pinstripe outfit and fedora complemented by a drum magazine loaded Thompson Sub Machine Gun, more commonly nicknamed a Tommy Gun, recognizable on the mobster. "W-well then. You r-ready for this Paulie? Pump their guts f-fulla lead!", he stutters out, the pain causing him discomfort as his feet carry him to any available cover. [4] He finds a stack of wood in the center of the outdoor area for whichever reason (+1 Defense). Paulie also dives behind cover, and they both look for the most available Wiki-Warrior. (Status Check) They both see Person galloping around out in the open, his horse and him unaware of their survival. Paulie aims at the horse, while Dolosus aims right at Person himself. [2-1 v 4] [8 v 8] Dolosus shoots first, bullet after bullet flying after Person, causing him to duck at the loud sounds, as each bullet flies out of the gun smashes the walls far from Person's general area. At that, the horse panics and gallops away from the bullets, causing Paulie to miss as well. Dolosus and Paulie duck back down, checking their ammo to find that they both fired 5 bullets each.

Pain. A word that continues to come up time and time again in this conflict, spreading the fire of war and battle throughout the Earth that's burning more and more. Elephant Parade feels the same pain as her arm is pinned under a chunk of a meteorite that smashed through the sky like God's fist had smashed through the heavens and struck the Earth. She turns her head to a wooden plank, seeing Dolosus and Paulie aiming down at Person, with Dolosus specifically having trouble even aiming at the horse riding Wiki-Warrior. Parade unlatches a Splash Potion of Poison from her belt and bites the cork off, the poison inside bubbling and green. Parade chucks it at the two of them, only a small amount of the dangerous liquid spilling out as it flies towards them. [7 v 2+1] The green, bubbling liquid splashes onto Dolosus and Paulie, and the two of them collapse onto the ground, knees and hands hitting the floor as the two of them vomit onto the ground, giving headaches and stomach pains as Elephant looks to the rock before turning to her pinned arm, her eyes closed as she tries to pry it out without massive damage. [9] The rock is surprisingly light, possibly because it's simply a chunk of the bigger whole. Elephant pries her arm out without much damage. She stands up, not as injured as she should be, as she watches the destruction unfold around her.

BSN: Wow. Just...just wow.

Well, since this turn had a few actions dependent on turn order, I'm asking if you guys want Initiative? You know, a rolled order of who goes first? Pros include actions like Fish's and Person's will be easier to roll for, and it'll be more fair. Cons include more random chance, and a new system that will be hit or miss after months of our current system. Both sides are right, which is why I'm asking now. Thanks for your help.

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DigitalDemon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 106