Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 141280 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #945 on: September 20, 2016, 04:17:05 am »

Well, crap.

Attempt to regain consciousness.

If that works, stomp out the fire on my foot, grab the amp with Garnet's Gauntlets, and find a safe place to clean my wounds. Maybe find a first aid kit in the museum or something.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: September 20, 2016, 04:32:00 am »

((Quick question, can you elaborate what you mean by elemental magic?  If I paint say, fire, the thing I painted on would take on properties of fire? ))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 20, 2016, 04:32:37 am »

Well, I never knew giant fucking moths like that could go up my nose...either way I tried my best to get rid of them via ice magic, insects like moths cant survive in cold so naturally they would die after being frozen, right? I knew that if this plan worked I had to get this boulder off of me and make myself a crutch and splint, probably out of ice. Gota love that ⑨.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 20, 2016, 04:38:55 am »

((Quick question, can you elaborate what you mean by elemental magic?  If I paint say, fire, the thing I painted on would take on properties of fire? ))

I was thinking more color symbolism. You know, like red is fire and blue is water, etc.? That was my interpretation, anyway. It will work with painting literal fire and water and other elements, thoughs.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 20, 2016, 04:40:31 am »

Hmmmm...interesting.

Break into a car, hotwire it.  Have my pups be on the lookout for any threats.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: September 20, 2016, 06:48:51 am »

Shoot back at Dolosus. If I kill him, intimidate his mafioso buddy into following me by telling him that I'm the new boss in charge around here.

As for initiative, yeah it can be a mixed bag. I don't usually mind it too much, but in some games it makes the flow of battle go back and forth too much.

If you add it in, consider bonuses and penalties based on the combatants situations. Are they in cover? Are they trying an ambush? Do they have the high ground? What ranges are they at? How about their health? Is one of them on the ground and having their face beat in? Adjust accordingly.

Edit: As an aside, my character is possibly the most anachronistic of the lot. Nothing like a greek philosopher(not really but close enough) on horseback in an 1800's outfit holding a laser rifle.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 06:57:15 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 20, 2016, 07:12:06 am »

Shoot back at Dolosus. If I kill him, intimidate his mafioso buddy into following me by telling him that I'm the new boss in charge around here.

As for initiative, yeah it can be a mixed bag. I don't usually mind it too much, but in some games it makes the flow of battle go back and forth too much.

If you add it in, consider bonuses and penalties based on the combatants situations. Are they in cover? Are they trying an ambush? Do they have the high ground? What ranges are they at? How about their health? Is one of them on the ground and having their face beat in? Adjust accordingly.

Edit: As an aside, my character is possibly the most anachronistic of the lot. Nothing like a greek philosopher(not really but close enough) on horseback in an 1800's outfit holding a laser rifle.

I was actually thinking of the bonuses and penalties system, actually. It's just that I haven't implemented it yet for whatever reason. I'll get to putting it in at some point, as I do love details and the little touches.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 20, 2016, 07:19:50 am »

"Ow.

Thank goodness for the Portal credits."

GTFO of the museum.  Use any advantages I have to my advantage.  Possibly head to the actual train station.

"You have any idea where Hawk went?"
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 09:56:08 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 20, 2016, 09:46:28 am »

((...welp. RNGesus giveth and RNGesus taketh away.))

Drink in the pain. Use the pain to strengthen myself. If that fails, swear profusely and colorfully. Attempt to intimidate Person into going away.

Have Paulie shoot person while I try to mend my dislocated arm.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 20, 2016, 11:01:25 am »

Find Hawk. Kill Hawk with Alchemy and Aether Manipulation. Use the Stone. Actually, fuck the finding, we're in the same state. Do the massive Philosopher's Stone transmutation from before, augmented by the Stone and Aether Manipulation. There is no escape. Defend self with Aether Manipulation, Alchemy, and the Stone if it isn't used up.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 01:15:52 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 20, 2016, 11:04:55 am »

((Why, Beirus, whyyyy...))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 20, 2016, 11:11:27 am »

((Because my wish already evacuated everyone from Earth.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 20, 2016, 11:17:12 am »

((You sure?))
Sigtext

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 20, 2016, 11:18:55 am »

((You sure?))
((Everyone other than the cult. If that isn't what happened, there's an issue. Unless your wish somehow messed it up, at which point it's on your head.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 20, 2016, 11:21:43 am »

((It shouldn't have.))
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 106