Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 141246 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter Three, Round Twenty (2/10, 7 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1185 on: February 10, 2017, 03:33:34 am »

Chapter III: The Test Subjects
Epilogue II: An Expected Result

Despite the screaming Logan Sawyer at his feet, Beirus smiles under his helmet as he says, "If it's so pointless, why would you bother trying to stop me from getting it? Are you scared? If it really made no difference, then you should allow it for the enjoyment you would probably get when I lose the powers.", crossing his arms, before uncrossing them as the Operator smiles and pops the socket back into place. "Scared? Perhaps. We are human souls, after all. Wrapped up in a Rift and a corpse. We did say we would stop becoming this caricature of evil. But even if we are scared, we will enjoy this. You only had to give us a reason, and you did. Logan, give the man, the monster, the Disgraced Alchemist...give him what he wants.". Scared, Logan rises up and crushes the Wish spell in his hands, letting Beirus keep the powers he has been given. As the darkness and Operator disappear, Jess walks over to Jaws and innocently says, "So...what's with the face?"

Meanwhile

With a simple knock on the train car door holding the Machine Cell, everyone scrambles with Alexis opening it to find BiggerFish, pink clone fluid still dripping from his hair and fingers. Alexis laughs and says, "What, did it rain while you were gone?". BiggerFish opens his mouth to say something, only to feel a hand gripping his forearm. Turning his head, he sees Abigail with a big smile on her face as she nervously says, "It's good to s-see you.". Standing up with a light blush on her cheeks, she says, "I picked up three romantic comedies I've never heard of before, a copy of Die Hard, and some other stuff I found in a box, which seemed to be tons of pro wrestling and TV show DVDs. What, u-uh, do you want to watch?

Meanwhile

With a sudden Rift opened up, Beirus walks towards it and looks inside of it's intimidating red and black.

Is that a cue to make a sheet in Earth IV: Of Predators and Prey? I don't know. If you still want to, I'll link to it's OOC.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 03:50:51 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: February 10, 2017, 07:58:30 am »

"Pffha, it's good to see you too Abigail."

Hug!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: February 10, 2017, 04:39:19 pm »

I got a couple of things to do before I go. Use my alchemy and Nether Manipulation to turn my soccer ball into a viable weapon. Also use them to upgrade my bobsled to a flying, amphibious, submersible deathsled. And use them to upgrade my dust blades/bow. I forsee plenty of violence, and I want to be well equipped to enact such violence in many different ways.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 04:45:55 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: February 10, 2017, 11:22:20 pm »

Roleplaying Segment:

After Abigail finishes listing off the selections of films and good TV (and Total Nonstop Action wrestling, which can only be qualified as such from May 17th, 2016 onward), she hears a laugh come from the freshly restored BiggerFish before she suddenly reaches out and hugs her. As she hugs back, her stuttering growing the closer she gets, Fish says, "Pffha, it's good to see you too Abigail.". With that, the two head to the area built up to play the features...

As the red and black glow envelops the sand outside of the building that Theren resides in, or resided in, the screams of the souls in the Nether and the Punished in Hell providing a disturbing echo through the dystopian silence of the ruins of Rwanda's capital that Beirus helped create. As a last minute usage of his power, he attempts to synergize the destructive Nether with the reconstructive Alchemy. [7] He manages to do, using Nether to destroy and Alchemy to recreate as a new form of Alchemy, befitting of the Disgraced Alchemist. First, he brings out his soccer ball, and attempts to use Alchemy and Nether to change it into a viable weapon. [5+2+2] After using his powers, the ball emerges with spikes coming out of every black spot, turning the soccer ball into a death-dealing weapon. Next, he attempts to use the reality bending darkness of Nether Manipulation in conjunction with Alchemy to turn his bobsled into a much better version. [3+2+2] He manages to make it fly using the Nether energy to propel it, though his desire for a submersible and amphibious sled haven't been reached unless he tries again. Still, with the spikes in front, it'll make use as a good death dealer. Finally, he tries to upgrade the dual bow and blades from RWBY, to turn them into better weapons. [1+2+2] Other then simply making them more accurate [+1 to attacks], he doesn't do much. With that said, he flings himself forward, and disappears...

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: February 12, 2017, 08:28:17 pm »

Update Schedule:

Intermission: Feb 14th
Next Round: Afterwards
Cool Thing I Mentioned (which I think I'm allowed to say is us hosting Forum Runners): Around that time, I reckon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: February 14, 2017, 01:09:43 pm »

Therapy in Emotion
The Waiting Room, Southern Isles Clinic in Osaka, Japan
Early Morning, Cloudy, 4/15/2013

"Name?", the lady at the desk said, her fingers tapping the keyboard of the computer in front of her in a pattern possibly meant to distract her as she waited. As the man and older woman next to him stood still for the longest time, the man spoke, his hands going into the pockets of his suit as his words hit a somber note, "Je-...James Warner. I have an appointment with Dr. Tatsuki for therapeutic care?". The woman's face broke into a focused glare, but then lit up as she said, "Yep! He's seeing someone right now, though. Running a bit late with him, you know how it is. Just take a seat somewhere and we'll see you as soon as we can.". Jess nods, and takes the woman's hand as he leads her to a random seat. Sitting her down, he grabs a seat himself, where the first turn of his head leads him to a young woman. With a black jacket and a dark brown tank top with dark brown pants, it doesn't take long for Jess to notice bags under her eyes and a subtle shaking as her expression denotes stress. Jess clears his throat, causing the girl to look at him with wide eyes as her body language shows him shock. "Hey there.", he quietly says, with the girl not responding at first. She does stutter out a "H-Hey." after a minute or two, as she turns back to him. Jess, in a polite tone, says, "So, what's up?", only for the girl to say, "Bad stuff.". She then says, after having turned back to him, and says, "W-What are you in, for?", to which Jess responds with, "Been hearing voices in my head and they...", but stops. Clasping suddenly shaking hands together, he says, "They...They're ruining my life.". Trying to change the subject, he asks, "What are you doing here?". The girl says, "Drug and alcohol abuse. or that's what my stupid brother keeps saying. I shouldn't be here. Literally, I live in Quebec! He goes to school here in Japan, and he says the doctors here can get me something so I can start getting clean, but I-...", though her words catch in her throat. Jess looks down, and says, "Sorry to hear that...I'm James, but I go by Jess nowadays.", as he holds out his hand. The girl cautiously grabs it and shakes his hand with, "V-Veronica. S-sorry, but Logan's been hitting me over the head with "Go get help, sis!" and all that.". Jess looks at her and says, "Logan, huh? Like, Logan Sawyer?", and gets a nod in response. Jess smiles and says, "Holy crap, I went to college with him! Always called him Jaws, though. Instead of studying, he would just watch Steven Spielberg films.", and Veronica says, "Sounds like my brother.". Soon, though, an announcement played that got James stood up, and he goes into the office, but then calls back with, "Hey, if both of our appointments go well, maybe we can get some drinks down the street?", and in response, is a nod and a thumbs up.

W.I.P Towers, Osaka, Japan
Around Midnight, Clear Sky, 7/22/2016

"And then we had a nice, romantic night, and then we skyped, and you came over for a week, stood me up because you were on vacation, then all you did was Skype often enough that I only missed you, not hated you. What's your point, babe?"

At the sarcastic voice of his girlfriend, who was helping herself to a small glass of brandy, Jess merely smiled as she continued, "Is it because I'm still drinking? Because, man, I am not drinking as much as I was. It's not that bad.". Jess walked over to Veronica, who was in a navy blue evening gown, and kissed her on the cheek before saying, "Nah. Just thinking back to it. Those freaks are going to be doing the thing they do tomorrow evening, so...", to which Veronica says, "So...what?". Jess regains his thoughts and says, "How about we have a nice, proper date tomorrow morning? Grab a bit to eat for lunch, go on a walk, stuff like that?". Veronica chuckles a little and says, "Sounds like a plan.". And all Jess says is, "Great. I love you.". Veronica takes a drink from her glass and smiles, saying, "Love you, too, James."

Author's Notes (shut up): 1st: I looked it up and I couldn't find jack on therapy in Osaka. Sue me.

2nd: I hope I did well! I like to think I'm improving as a writer, but I also think my dialogue gets too stiff. Sorry.

3rd: I had a great last few days. Had a good birthday, me and my mom watched Volume 4 of RWBY (which we not only both thought was the best volume yet, but got my mom back into the show after I hit her over the head with an important character's death. Whoopsies.) Played Shadow the Hedgehog on X-BOX a lot, and it's a pretty good game. All in all, I'm in the perfect mindset to do Forum Games. Next turn starts tomorrow, I'll PM everyone playing with the 0th Round.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 01:26:53 pm by Greatness942 »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: February 15, 2017, 10:52:01 pm »

((My Microsoft Edge window froze, and I had to close it, so the progress I had is gone. Round 0 will come tomorrow instead. Sorry, guys.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: February 16, 2017, 02:20:17 am »

((...You're using Edge?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: February 16, 2017, 02:37:35 am »

It was what was pre-downloaded and I've been too lazy to download anything else.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 02:49:02 am by Greatness942 »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: February 17, 2017, 05:04:10 pm »

It was what was pre-downloaded and I've been too lazy to download anything else.
Get something else!
Sigtext

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: February 18, 2017, 06:00:04 pm »

Chapter IV: Herzog
Match III: Elimination
Round 0: Our Wayward Son
W.I.P Towers, Osaka, Japan
Around 6:30 AM, Clear Sky, 7/23/2016

The sound of tapping fills the air in the office, each tap creating an improvised beat that projects boredom to anyone in earshot, Logan Sawyer adopts a face of thought as he holds his other hand behind his back. With an eyebrow raised, he thinks to himself, "Where are they?", as the tapping ceases and he walks towards the window. Right when his hand slips into his pocket to grab his tie, the sound of the elevator's ping turns his head back towards the entrance. The doors open, revealing Jess and Veronica in the center, with Veronica fixing her hair and Jess adjusting his tie. "Sorry we're late, car trouble. Well, it was something involving a car.", Jess says, leading to Logan saying, "If it's something that I, as Vi's brother, need to bleach my brain to forget, I don't want to hear it. Do you have it?". Veronica nods as a file with Jess's hand gripping it enters his vision. "Crazy bastard Theren Norfolk gave it to me when we walked in. He was busy, but he told us what he could.", Jess says, as he walks over to his office's desk and lays the file down. Gesturing to Veronica, she nods and says, "Always heard his name as Herzog. According to Theren, though, he used to be Hans Geist des Todes. A German member of the Cult of Jericho, he was involved in quite a few scandals in his civilian identity, but he was fanatical.", with Jess following up with, "But something happened, not even Theren knows what. When Astrid's aging sight looked at him, he was covered in CoJ blood, running away with the journal containing the spell to bring the Maw onto Earth. He went AWOL, hid himself with some goons and said goodbye to the world.". Logan nods, his eyes glazed over in thought as he says, "Got a report from your guys. We only have eight ready.", though Jess says, "Well, when more pop out, we have more to help with the plan. He's hiding out...here.".

Herzog's Manor/Hideout, Close to the Abisko Research Station, Sweden
Morning, Clear Sky, 7/23/2016

As eyes open up, their vision fades in as they see a mansion, still inconspicuous through it's appearance, sitting near the research station. Rather than a Helicopter, a single phrase, an order, repeats in the minds of the eight champions: "KillHerzog."

BSN: Finally, Chapter IV is here! Nothing more to say, except...let's get it on!

Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter IV, Round 0 (8/10, 0 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1197 on: February 18, 2017, 06:13:19 pm »

Start walking towards the mansion, try and see if there are any heavy branches on the path there. If there are, pick one up.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: February 18, 2017, 06:18:13 pm »

..this is still a deathmatch, right? I'm not up-to-date on this thread or anything, so I'm a little confused.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: February 18, 2017, 06:20:46 pm »

I felt...odd, it wasn't just the fact that I was now suddenly a woman, or the fact that this odd voice was in my head, nor the powers that I had been given. It was....something else, but I couldn't put my finger on just what it was. I'd get up, and look at what I had, in terms of weapons I had been given some club thing and a weapon from a character in Rwby, I also saw there where some soldiers who seemed like they where of old ancient Korean origin, and the first thing I thought upon seeing them was Why couldn't it be a few samurai instead? Still, I had a few powers as well, and I would obviously have to use them sooner rather then later. Naturally, knowing what I had to do to get that wish, I'd motion to my soldiers to follow and run over to scout out the exterior of the manor in front of me.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 106