Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 141241 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter IV, Round XI (10/10, 0 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1410 on: July 23, 2017, 09:34:52 pm »

*Thread Bump for people who haven't posted*
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: July 26, 2017, 04:45:36 am »

Using his own blood, Lord Lemonpie activates the mask.
Secondly, he'll do a bombing run over the mansion, dropping all six bombs on the burning building.

"Better safe than sorry"

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: July 27, 2017, 09:01:37 pm »

Turn is coming to either this or one of my other two games soon.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: August 07, 2017, 03:29:25 pm »

Chapter IV: Herzog
Elimination
Part XIV: Awaken
Herzog's Manor/Hideout, Close to the Abisko Research Station, Sweden
Early Evening, Fully Cloudy, 7/23/2016

As the flames burn bright all over the manor [Burn Damage: 1] while barely hurting the miraculously holding wood, Dolosus Doleus contemplates the circumstances leading up to this moment. "This virus. I..I remember! [Biology Bonus] "The Necroa Virus. Voidric in nature, activates on death. What causes it? [5+7] "A combination of magic and basic cellular decay. I wonder how I can use this?"

Turning around, Fallacy stares at the flames as they lick up the wooden manor. Gulping, he steps away from the heat.

Reaching down and grabbing Hawk's poisoned blades, ignoring the Hallow still standing and gripping them however loosely, Person says "Nothing personal Hawk." before running to the window. Spotting a black Turismo in the grass, he looks down. [Layout: 2] It seems like quite the drop, so he instead braves the stairway shortcut and runs down. Emerging back in the morgue, he runs up to the first floor, only to be blindsided by flames. [3 v 10-2 (Robotic)] While he isn't set on fire, the sudden burning boils the Xanatos Gambit liquid coursing through his chassis. Feeling pain shoot up through his metal parts, he stumbles back downstairs, his arms and head especially splitting from the sudden attack.

Sighing, NRDL turns around to the invisible German and says "Tell me what you want done then, Herzog. I'm tired of fighting for no reason. I'm curious to see where this goes.". While he reaches down and grabs the glowing Red Chaos Emerald (bringing his total to six), Herzog says "There is someone in the Prime Timeline. If I can get this book to them, the Operator of this timeline will not be able to destroy the Earth. Simple." Nodding, NRDL runs downstairs, looking at the dazed and groaning H.I with pity before bursting the doors open. [4 v 4] While his flesh gets by the heat slightly, he still makes it to the door and runs out, cold air surrounding him quickly.

With a heavy sigh, Pirate Joe and her Korean guardsmen run down to the same route, and brave the same flames. [6 v 1] With ease, all four of them make it out unscathed, cool grass under their feet to remind them that they survived.

Slamming his fingers into his arm, Lord Lemonpie's skin bursts and blood begins seeping out, which he uses in conjunction with his fingers to coat the mask. Smiling, he attaches the Stone Mask to his face, only to feel tendrils stab into his brain. Power radiates through him, and he begins laughing. The Mask falls to the ground, and in it's wake, a fully Awakened Vampire stands. "Better safe than sorry." he says, before walking over to the cockpit and activating the bombs. The plane opens up and, in sequence, the six bombs fall, coating [8+2 (Six Bombs)] the entire playing field so far. Every Wiki-Warrior, plus Herzog, are in danger.

[5 v 8] Protected by both the layers upon layers of basement, Person is unaffected by the fireball, though he feels the house break away above him.

[1 v 10] NRDL breathes a sigh of relief, since he had made it out alive. As soon as he hears the first loud bang, however, he immediately books it, running as fast as he can. With a burst of speed granted by the Chaos Emeralds, he runs away from the blast, safely making it to a tree.

[9 v 4] Dolosus Doleus sighs and stands up, only to be blinded by an intense light as he feels his body being pushed back. As he slams into the same tree NRDL is using to rest, he opens his eyes to see that metal is stabbed into his chest and arms, with his left arm in particular being broken, the bone snapped backwards as it dangles lifelessly.

[6 v 5] Fallacy of Urist looks up just in time to see the bombs falling, and he begins running. The shockwave of one of the bombs still hits him, though, and he flips through the air, smacking back first against the grass. Despite the pain and the lack of breath, he's otherwise fine.

[2 v 4, 9 v 9] With the sound of whistling bombs, Pirate Joe begins running, with her guards following close by. Despite some near misses, they make it to the same tree, breathing hard as the bombs explode.

[7 v 6] Ocean Soul, like Fallacy, is picked up by the shockwave and slammed into the grass. Besides some new cuts and bruises, she is otherwise fine.

[5 v 9] Detecting that something is seriously wrong, BiggerFish's invisibility spell leaves him as he begins scrambling. Suddenly, his waist begins glowing purple as he is safely lifted outside of the house. "No matter what happens, you must carry on my legacy" Herzog says, as Fish is carried safely to the ground far enough from the blast.

[1 v 7] The Moonlit Shadow, with expert speed, runs away from the blast. Using his skates on non-grassy terrain helps him, and he safely escapes.

[6 v 7] Failbird, thanks to the preliminary running of Pirate Joe and NRDL, runs off with his drone in tow, breathing a sigh of relief as he does so.

[6 v 6] High Tyrol makes it out of the blast radius just in time, as do his newly summoned Mexican warriors.

[5 v 1] The Hallow of Hawk takes about a second of life left before the bomb devours it whole, the fireball engulfing the poor creature.

[5 v 2] As a bitter tear leaves his right eye, Herzog says to himself "Astrid...I hope you burn in hell.", just before the bombs total house. In the initial impact, the explosion snaps his right arm out of it's socket, and pushes him to the window.

In addition, the house breaks apart and begins falling. [8 v 6-2 (Falling)] Herzog goes with the creaking and falls out of the window, landing [Safe Landing: 6] on the grass hard on his back as his breathing turns to wheezing. The house falls over and crumbles, becoming a burning pile of debris.

BSN: If I missed anyone's action: I am sorry, but this is a good place for the turn to end off. I'm sorry for the wait. Due to that wait, it's time for another roll call: who's still around? I want to make sure all hands are on deck after so long. The only person who doesn't have to do this is BiggerFish, since his non-posting is due to computer troubles.

Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ocean Soul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lord_lemonpie (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: August 07, 2017, 03:30:34 pm »

Not dead.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: August 07, 2017, 03:42:13 pm »

Try and find Herzog again, protecting him until he can get the book to the Prime Timeline is my mission now.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: August 07, 2017, 03:51:20 pm »

Not dead.

Not dead indeed. Is there any action you want to take, like either protecting Herzog or finishing him off.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: August 07, 2017, 04:00:47 pm »

"How annoying."

Punch down the tree with my good arm. Use the wood to make a splint for my broken arm.

((According to the wiki, Killer Croc has an extreme regenerative factor a la Wolverine. If I pull the shrapnel out of my body, how long will it take for me to heal?))
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: August 07, 2017, 04:17:35 pm »

Stand up. Walk closer to Herzog. "You know, I might have considered helping you out if you had talked to me. I wanted to talk. But when one of us attacked you, you reflected that on all of us and sent in a zombie horde. Indiscriminate. Goodbye."

Combine my +2 strength, +2 cricket, and +2 baseball bonuses into Super Double-Bat Whammy attack on Herzog(or anybody that protects him).
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: August 07, 2017, 05:35:06 pm »

"How annoying."

Punch down the tree with my good arm. Use the wood to make a splint for my broken arm.

((According to the wiki, Killer Croc has an extreme regenerative factor a la Wolverine. If I pull the shrapnel out of my body, how long will it take for me to heal?))

Well, if it's as fast as Wolverine, it will only take around two or three turns. Are there any examples to show how fast the healing factor works in the comics?

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: August 07, 2017, 06:00:21 pm »

"How annoying."

Well, if it's as fast as Wolverine, it will only take around two or three turns. Are there any examples to show how fast the healing factor works in the comics?

I was more referencing wolverine in the sense of "able to regrow lost limbs" and the like.

I've done some digging (because I apparently have way too much free time) and from arkham city wiki, "[Killer Croc's] regenerative healing factor is quite remarkable, as superficial lesions, extreme mutilations, ballistic wounds, stab wounds, severed limbs & organs, massive bruises & cuts completely heal almost instantaneously. However, that ability had severe side effects as well: Namely, having to regenerate extensively for a prolonged period of time alters his physiology, which is likely an adaptive response to the extreme trauma. More specifically, the torturous experiments Croc underwent, caused him to have his physiology end up permanently altered so that he looked even more bestial than before."

So I dunno. That level of regeneration seems a tad OP, so I'll just leave it to you to decide how to balance it.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: August 07, 2017, 06:06:11 pm »

search for Herzog around the pile. shoot immediately on identification

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: August 07, 2017, 09:03:58 pm »

Very angry, annoyed and a bit tired from all the running, I looked to the sky to identify what dropped the bombs, upon spotting an aircraft (probably a  B-17B Flying Fortress) I shot a missile at the thing, ready to redirect it if it went off course. After all, best take the thing and whatever was in it out before it could make another pass or use the aircraft itself as a bomb. Besides, I was tired of this, and I am not letting anyone take my wish away.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: August 08, 2017, 12:04:20 am »

I'm still around. Will post my action asap.

Edit: Find another exit. Make one by hacking through the walls with my swords if I have to. If I escape, find Herzog.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 09:12:48 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: August 08, 2017, 06:09:53 am »

Scout to find Herzog. Simultaneously, put on a parachute so jumping out of the plane will be easy.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 106