Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52

Author Topic: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)  (Read 135505 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)
« Reply #735 on: May 31, 2017, 05:57:20 pm »

I have been informed that it is now my responsibility. Since im not feeling very responsible today, we'll see who survives.

I have begun, and will be working on the proposed plan to eliminate the zombies. The game is running REALLY slowly for me, though, which means this will take a while.

This airlock works with two hatches, so no levers needed, and access runs through a trap hallway I was in the process of setting up last time I played:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This will give us permanent, easily controlled access to the cavern without needing to worry about dwarves scrambling to pull a lever. If for whatever reason both the internal and external hatches are left unlocked and something gets in there are cage traps there to catch vulnerable creatures.

Spoiler: Senshuken gets to work (click to show/hide)
I'm going to autodump-destroy the corpses as she goes, so we dont have to worry about this massive pile of rotting losers occurring again.

This just in: Senshuken is automatically attacking undead without being ordered to. This means she will probably get overwhelmed and killed by some of the bigger clusters of undead. I'm going to try to be careful, but things might not go as planned...
Not only that, but she is getting tired.
I'm beginning to doubt that she is truly a necromancer.
In fact, undead charge right at her once they see her. She will not be able to clear the caverns on her own. The mission will be aborted and a new plan will be concocted.

Continued Journal of Eric, third age 317, Felsite 10

Its been a bad time. True, not like the first, not like when Led ruled in the flesh and then in the bone, but she has so clearly won. I've forgotten just how many bodies I've snatched, how many people I myself have killed just trying to reduce the number of undead under the control of her and the dark gods. In fact, I'm not sure I recall all the names of those gods. Or the demons.

So I came to this place, Bloodyhells, a few years back, snatched the body of some elf that came there thinking it would be a holiday. I actually made out, since I got into a position where I could manage the place for a year. Then I died.

I spent some time in the body of a mercenary out there, put down some undead and learned how to grind the bodies into paste so they could never again be raised. Came back, now in the body of some engraver I've become the overseer again. The place has changed a lot. Not necessarily for the better. Flame was the overseer last here, and had standing orders for Senshuken to clear the caverns. I gave her the chance, it didnt go well. She came back saying the dead saw her as an enemy, despite being a necromancer. She grew tired fighting them. We put it off for another month, and then I asked the entire Night Guard squad to enter the caverns together.

It went well, they put down thirty or so undead, including a cave dragon and several green devourerers, and desecrated the corpses as I instructed them to. They all became tired, though. They were being injured. At one point two of them lost consciousness. They came back. The path seemed clear, safe. But they got split up just so by the trees and stone columns. Then they were ambushed by a gigantic, rotting corpse of an undead, the forgotten beast Aspast Pewsethetnu. It killed them all, and now it is known as Uxurusmo Uktang Xosun, Sweatecho the Crypts of Spurting. Their weapons and armor are down there, their corpses have risen again.

I dont understand how, or why, the undead are assaulting necromancers. Why our warriors are growing tired, passing out. This is wrong.
I'm going to turn back to the time-honored method of trapping them in cages for later disposal. Shooting them through fortifications. Crushing them beneath bridges. We're dwarves, we can do this. I'm going to finish the trap hallway I started last time.

For the forgotten beast, another trick will be necessary. We'll literally have to drop a block on its head to eliminate it from existence. It wont be easy, but I believe with a piece of artifact furniture and a room setup ahead of time it will be possible.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 11:32:34 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: June 05, 2017, 03:56:38 pm »

Bad news guys; the save game has corrupted or something and cant be loaded. DF crashes whenever I try to load it. Other games' saves are still working fine, but it looks like I'm either going to have to skip my turn or restart from the beginning, and I'm leaning towards skipping. I've got work for the rest of the week and not much chance to play anyway. So let the next person go, maybe they'll have better luck not corrupting the save
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DoritioMaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker for the Lols
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: June 18, 2017, 11:26:28 pm »

Ok, I think that puterking is next then Evaris and Kamani, and then we're out of folks. Come on guys! Drum up some more dwarves.
Unfortunate that the save went south.
Thanks for trying Eric!

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: June 19, 2017, 10:22:07 am »

Wait, is it seriously looking like I'll get a turn?  I could have sworn it should have been impossible with how many people were before me in line.
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

DoritioMaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker for the Lols
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: June 24, 2017, 07:34:29 am »

Well, puterking is back around, so don't count your socks yet Evaris, but yeah, we've managed to kill the frame rate, but not the fort!

puterking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 24, 2017, 08:04:34 am »

I think it goes without saying that I have some reading up to do.

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 10, 2017, 11:22:20 pm »

So it's been a few weeks, anything been happening?
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 12, 2017, 03:18:56 am »

The fortress is approaching unplayable levels of FPS death for no apparent reason, and I'm not sure how to reverse it anymore. I'm trying to stay motivated to fix this but it's looking pretty grim.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 03:32:13 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 13, 2017, 07:29:03 pm »

The fortress is approaching unplayable levels of FPS death for no apparent reason, and I'm not sure how to reverse it anymore. I'm trying to stay motivated to fix this but it's looking pretty grim.
Soon..

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 04, 2017, 04:39:34 pm »

So we've hit august, did the guy before me kick the bucket?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 08, 2017, 01:16:15 am »

Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 26, 2017, 09:46:05 pm »

- Silverlock died of old age. OLD AGE. IN A BATTLEFAILED FORT. I FUCKING WIN.

With my dying gurgle, as I drop a +glass puzzlebox+:
 ". . . rope-reed-bud . . ."

If the fort isn't dead, I'd like to be re-dorfed, please, as my descendant.  If this weren't the year of the endless upgrades at work I would take a turn myself. 

« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 09:48:41 pm by Silverlock »
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 27, 2017, 10:10:57 am »

I'm still here, still waiting to get the turn passed to me. 

Just need the go-ahead.  lol

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 27, 2017, 11:21:05 am »

puterking was last active July 7th, and his last post was on 24th june on this thread. Its been more than two months since then and we haven't heard any word. Safe to say they've forfeited their turn and you can go ahead and take your turn without worrying about stepping on anyone's toes. If they would like their turn back, they'll have to be moved down the turn list. I worry more about if you can even get the save up and running.

So go ahead Evaris, do us all proud, since you seem so keen.

Oh and please dorf yourself and the following from the front page if you can find any bodies to take over.
Arthropleura, Elf
Kamani

Good luck!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 11:24:16 am by Zuglarkun »

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 27, 2017, 10:39:10 pm »

puterking was last active July 7th, and his last post was on 24th june on this thread. Its been more than two months since then and we haven't heard any word. Safe to say they've forfeited their turn and you can go ahead and take your turn without worrying about stepping on anyone's toes. If they would like their turn back, they'll have to be moved down the turn list. I worry more about if you can even get the save up and running.

So go ahead Evaris, do us all proud, since you seem so keen.

Oh and please dorf yourself and the following from the front page if you can find any bodies to take over.
Arthropleura, Elf
Kamani

Good luck!

Hmm... I'm having the issue of DF not recognizing the save file folder.  I'll give it a bit to try to figure it out.
edit: had to open in 43.05, derp.

Well, here I go, I haven't touched dwarf fortress since I gave my last at Beronam, just shy of a year ago.  What could go wrong?  :3

Well, once I start to get my bearings, I notice a lot of farms not being used well within walking distance of people.  I set the southernmost plot to plump helmets year round just in case. 

I now continue my search for the levers, so i can start flipping them. 

...I may need to slap a tileset on here to be able to make sense of where's what.  Or at least find the damn levers. 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 11:07:46 pm by Evaris »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52