Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 175301 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 1.5: The Something Now [21/30]
« Reply #690 on: May 01, 2016, 07:32:42 pm »

"We could introduce another reducing factor based on the total number of sentient beings in the universe, or perhaps just the number of worshippers one has themselves. This way one still wants to create worshippers, but diminishing returns are introduced."

"I would much rather a simpler system be put into effect, perhaps by reducing the Nanking ((fucking what, phone?)) amount of Essence gained per follower than to rely on the total number of worshippers in existence, rewarding boring, generic creations."

"Maybe each race can have a piety amount based on how much was spent to create them and that can be factored into the equation somehow?"

"How does this simplify the process?"
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 01, 2016, 07:36:28 pm »

"We could introduce another reducing factor based on the total number of sentient beings in the universe, or perhaps just the number of worshippers one has themselves. This way one still wants to create worshippers, but diminishing returns are introduced."

"I would much rather a simpler system be put into effect, perhaps by reducing the Nanking ((fucking what, phone?)) amount of Essence gained per follower than to rely on the total number of worshippers in existence, rewarding boring, generic creations."

"Maybe each race can have a piety amount based on how much was spent to create them and that can be factored into the equation somehow?"

"How does this simplify the process?"

"it doesn't. I just heard you wrong."

Support 1.4
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 01, 2016, 07:38:02 pm »

Revoke support from CNCL. 000.036.1
Support 1.4
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 01, 2016, 07:38:23 pm »

The Colossal Black Jellyfish grins, cracks it's tendrils and bends space-time, forming itself into a *relatively* small snake-like form. It looks quite pleased with itself.

"Excellent Work every-divinity, we now have three planets to work with, and two star systems, if I'm not mistaken. If I may be temporarily allowed the privilege of being presumptuous, I have something to say. Assuming that these planets are the size I believe them to be, the creation of only 1,000 entities to inhabit it seems rather, bland. I would much rather not wait a dozen Eons to have global civilizations, but I recognize the relative difficulty of book-keeping Millions of independent beings. Therefore, I have a suggestion to compromise and remedy this conundrum. Also, what's going to happen to the Souls of the Generic Creatures? It's none of my business but I'm curious and would like to know."

Proposal: Every Mortal Population unit represents 100 individuals. An example: A God creates 1,000 Population units of a species, under this proposal it would be understood to actually be 100,000 of a species, give or take a few. The number is reasonable as there aren't too many at first but after a few Ticks(or many, depending on the species), the Population can grow to a respectable amount. The lower book-keeping number could be what we base our Worship system and Population records off of, whereas the actual Population number is understood to be 100 times greater. Equation: Godly Population Unit Amount(100)= Full Mortal Population of a Species. Perhaps decimals could be used later, but this should be more than satisfactory.

CNCL001.009: SUPPORT

CNCL000.020: SUPPORT

Upon finishing his speaking, Urnoth uses 4E to create a dimension called Urthonia. Urthonia has an almost perfectly flat field of barren white sand stretching out in all directions(apart from Up, obviously.) endlessly, and the Sky is composed of endless, stagnant, and absolute Darkness stretching out for Infinity. Urthon then creates a rather extravagant vacation home in the absolute center of Urthonia, it has, among other things, a large Garden made up of Darkness-based varieties of every non-magical and non-divine plant in existence, a fairly large observatory to stare at the endless Darkness in more detail, an infinite library made up of Manuscripts of every Mortal Secret and a copy of every Mortal Manuscript that somehow takes up very little space overall, a staff of dozens of Humanoid Servants made of solid Darkness who endlessly utter the secrets of Mortals in countless languages simultaneously, and, most importantly, a *VERY* Extensive Alcohol-Storage Cellar. None may enter Urthonia without Urnoth's permission, or the use of Substantial Magical Force.

"I'm not going to use Urthonia as an Afterlife Dimension, just a place for myself in between important events. I'm going off of the assumption that the Proposals concerning creation don't apply to my pocket Dimension. I named it Urthonia because, quite frankly, I'm not creative, those with a problem should mind their own business. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have important matters to attend to."

Urnoth rests in Urthonia for the time being.

((OOC: KJP, if this is a problem in any way, shape or form, let me know.))
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 07:40:39 pm by Ardent Debater »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 01, 2016, 07:42:16 pm »

Proposal: Every Mortal Population unit represents 100 individuals. An example: A God creates 1,000 Population units of a species, under this proposal it would be understood to actually be 100,000 of a species, give or take a few. The number is reasonable as there aren't too many at first but after a few Ticks(or many, depending on the species), the Population can grow to a respectable amount. The lower book-keeping number could be what we base our Worship system and Population records off of, whereas the actual Population number is understood to be 100 times greater. Equation: Godly Population Unit Amount(100)= Full Mortal Population of a Species. Perhaps decimals could be used later, but this should be more than satisfactory.
SUPPORT

THERE IS ONE SYSTEM AND ONE SUN; NO STARS ILLUMINATE THE NIGHT. THERE ARE TWO WORLDS TO WATCH; ONE TERRESTRIAL AND ALONE AND ONE OF GAS FOLLOWED BY MOONS.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 01, 2016, 07:42:48 pm »

"Tut tut. All this chaos and fighting. Are world is truly doomed if these usawful and corrupt morals continue to disease the mortals."

At that moment Sliva came to notice the chaos happening on the planet.

"This will not do at all!"

Sliva shall use 5 essence to begin mortalproofing the worlds, covering up pointy bits, destroying dangerous animals and placing danger signs everywhere.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 01, 2016, 07:43:19 pm »

Saukko

Oppose Urnoth's proposal
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 01, 2016, 07:43:40 pm »

Saukko

Oppose Urnoth's proposal

Same
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #698 on: May 01, 2016, 07:44:49 pm »

Ascald shall attempt to block this action, and reverse it wherever it has progressed by recreating dangerous animals and reverting the world back to its primal shape.

"And I would expect the others to do this as well.

Mortal-proofing the world? You cannot be serious. Stories worth telling are not created in nurseries."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 01, 2016, 07:49:35 pm »

SUPPORT

THERE IS ONE SYSTEM AND ONE SUN; NO STARS ILLUMINATE THE NIGHT. THERE ARE TWO WORLDS TO WATCH; ONE TERRESTRIAL AND ALONE AND ONE OF GAS FOLLOWED BY MOONS.

"Ah, it appears that I was mistaken. Charon, I thank you for enlightening me."

"Tut tut. All this chaos and fighting. Are world is truly doomed if these usawful and corrupt morals continue to disease the mortals."

At that moment Sliva came to notice the chaos happening on the planet.

"This will not do at all!"

Sliva shall use 5 essence to begin mortalproofing the worlds, covering up pointy bits, destroying dangerous animals and placing danger signs everywhere.

"But what of Natural selection? Sliva, You'll only be hurting the Mortals in the long run with this. I'm sure that they'll need to be as evolved and hardened as possible with all of the creations bound to wreak havoc soon."

Saukko

Oppose Urnoth's proposal

Same

"I feel that I'm entitled an explanation."

Ascald shall attempt to block this action, and reverse it wherever it has progressed by recreating dangerous animals and reverting the world back to its primal shape.

"And I would expect the others to do this as well.

Mortal-proofing the world? You cannot be serious. Stories worth telling are not created in nurseries."

"I agree entirely Ascald."
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 07:51:23 pm by Ardent Debater »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: May 01, 2016, 07:50:18 pm »

Isgon creates huge falcons that feed on vicous animals that kill defenseless animals.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #701 on: May 01, 2016, 07:51:40 pm »

"I would request some assistance in this action, as to not cripple myself for the sake of undoing foolishness.

I don't believe such creatures qualify as "mundane" at that point, Isgon."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #702 on: May 01, 2016, 07:53:24 pm »

Proposal: Creating 1000 of a non-mundane creature costs 2E base, with one trait considered as part of the base cost (e.g. unusual size), being as said traits are why the creature is considered non-mundane in the first place.
GM of Trespassers V2.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 01, 2016, 07:54:02 pm »

Proposal: Creating 1000 of a non-mundane creature costs 2E base, with one trait considered as part of the base cost (e.g. unusual size), being as said traits are why the creature is considered non-mundane in the first place.

Oppose

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 01, 2016, 07:54:40 pm »

"If you feel you are entitled to an explanation, Urnoth, I feel we are entitled to hold our counsel."

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 135