Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 175352 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 14.0: A Fresh Start
« Reply #1695 on: May 19, 2016, 08:40:32 pm »

"I'm curious what makes you think you know how I spend my Essence."
"You have a unhealthy tenancy for wanting expensive traits be extremely expensive, even ones that should be cheep make you want them to be that much more expensive, to put it in a simple way im saying you love the inflation of essence costs."

"I want trait costs to be fair, and I sometimes feel like furnishing the petitioners with reasons why I oppose their proposals. Do you have specific examples of things I've said should be expensive that you thought should be cheap? I'm not beyond changing my mind with a well-reasoned argument you know. It's your fault for not convincing me of the merits of keeping some traits cheap."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: May 19, 2016, 08:45:53 pm »

"I want trait costs to be fair, and I sometimes feel like furnishing the petitioners with reasons why I oppose their proposals. Do you have specific examples of things I've said should be expensive that you thought should be cheap? I'm not beyond changing my mind with a well-reasoned argument you know. It's your fault for not convincing me of the merits of keeping some traits cheap."
"Im not getting into another argument with you as we all know what happened last time, but almost every time you have opposed something its due to the price being to cheep and most of the time you want the cost to go up by two to three essence when just making it cost one more would have been fine, you may call me a cheapskate if you wish, i rest my case."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: May 19, 2016, 08:57:03 pm »

"Well that's just, like your opinion man. You sound like you agree some traits are too cheap, but you certainly haven't voiced this before.

It appears you prefer being passive-aggressive instead of confronting issues you have head-on. "Saukko will like these proposals. I have a problem with him wanting to make things so expensive hurhur", indeed."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: May 19, 2016, 10:13:02 pm »

"Thanks for insulting me for the... actually how many times is it now actually? I couldn't be bothered to care enough to do anything other then point it out to the other gods."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: May 19, 2016, 10:15:16 pm »

"Had you the maturity to offer arguments against my own for the trait costs rather than passive-aggressive comments, I would be more inclined to treat you with respect."

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: May 19, 2016, 10:24:02 pm »

"The irony was i wasn't even trying to be passive aggressive, i just knew you would insult me in some way and that's why i said call me a cheep skate, but really do i have to go back to every single vote you opposed? Because like i said almost all of them where because they where too cheep, and while i agree with some of them being too cheep you tend to want it raised to much."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: May 19, 2016, 11:12:22 pm »

"I never asked for all the times I said something was too cheap, I asked for an example. I did not call or intend to call you a cheapskate. You are entitled to your opinion of the proposals we all make, but you don't ever offer it, so how do you expect to change my mind by remaining silent?

My word is not law. I tell people what I think their proposals should cost. The rest of you are free to disagree, but I don't really understand why you think it is a glaring character flaw that I think things should cost more than is initially suggested."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: May 19, 2016, 11:43:13 pm »

Propose BTraits:

The Traits Builder and Miners will be added to the traits list

Builder - This trait gives the race with this trait an architectures mind allowing them to build amazing homes and furniture.

Miners - This trait gives the race with the trait, the ability to mine/dig better.
OPPOSE.

Node Carrier *7 - A node can be created into this artifact. If the artifact is destroyed the node is released... Intact the Artifact emits the same effects the node would only bundled into the artifact. A crown of Fire might set its wearer on constant fire, while destroyed everything would be set on constant fire.
Personality *2 - This artifact has a personality of its own, and means to influence people to its bidding. How it influences them and in what quantities is dependent of the personality.
SUPPORT

Soul Prison *2 - This artifact traps souls. Each soul enhances another effect of the artifact. So the crown of constant fire would create even hotter and bigger flames.
Acidic 2.0 3.0 and 5.0 respectively,The first level of this trait means in the case of a weapon whoever is cut by it will feel a painful burning feeling in the wound the second level would actually have the person hit have there flesh burn away for a few seconds and the third level of this trait would mean anyone who is hit would have there flesh burn away to the bone making it extremely useful against lightly armored targets

Sharpness 2.3 3.5 5.0 The weapon is sharper then normal and can cut through things most swords can not at level one this would be able to cut through a unarmored man with ease and able to with a hard enough blow cut through copper level two it would be able to cut through bronze and copper easily and with a strong enough strike iron and at level three cut through iron and all weaker materials easily and with a strong enough strike cut through steel. cannot be used with traits that make the weapon as weaker.
Worthy Only 1.2x The artifact can only be used by someone chosen by the god/goddess to weld it or some chosen by fate in the case the creator doesn't care who can use it, should someone unworthy try to use it ether it wouldn't work or something will happen to the user should the creator wish, an example is a artifact sword a unworthy tried to pickup by would be to heavy for them or if the god defined what would happen the artifact may burn the unworthy/unchosen ones hand
OPPOSE.

Teach some turtle monks about Immortality, specifically of the Immortality Rune School.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 11:47:21 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 15.0: Water for Witches
« Reply #1703 on: May 20, 2016, 04:59:35 am »

Tick 15.0: Water for Witches

Luuc has created 1000 more smart, wise humans on the woodland island of Ddoma. (Luuc: -9E) The humans have yet to do much but try to stir up confusion with the Malakathite humans. Luuc has spent some time with them.

Zurion has provided 2E's worth of building material for the Turtini, who seem to have calmed down significantly. (Zurion: -2E)

The Everymind has created 1250 more Generickind. (The Everymind: -5E)

Kyuu has created 4E's worth of blood back wolves around Axtfell. It does not seem to be possible to count the dead.

Sacohpiocutr'ron has created a big node of Chaos. (Sacohpiocutr'ron: -8E)

Following more adventure, Axt has uplifted nine Man Wolves and empowered the beasts of Rekkr further. (Axt: -6E)

Ascald has created what appears to be a medium nod of Craftsmanship extremely close to a small node of the same. (Ascald: -6E)

((Sphere discounts: Tricky! Unfortunately, allowing sphere discounts here would seem unfair because of how much has already gone into making nodes without a discount (and retroactively applying the discount would be very annoying). I'll leave this question to the Council.))

Munroe has created 1000 Scobis, living thermobaric bombs. (Munroe: -7E)

Urthon has created arund 800 more Abyssal Shades and encouraged them to texpand. The Patriarchs complain that they are already spread somewhat thin but have begun sending out expeditions. Additionally, Urthon has blessed the Shades and wandered about spreading news of Urnoth. (Urthon: -6E)

Sliva's investigation of the Fae celebration reveals the latest alchemical wonder: Unmelting fake snow! The celebration itself seems to center around a bountiful harvest.

Sliva has created nearly 200 more Fae and arranged for the founding of a Fae Council in Elea. Regrettably, the low population precludes additional full cities. (Sliva: -4E)

Charon has taught a few turtle monks of the beginnings of immortality magic.

Unrest on Gnu has dropped drastically.
Chaos sharks have attacked and killed a few Telrac.
Traces of a foreign energy can be felt by the gods.

5 more days to influence recalibration.

Suspended actions
Vir: Create 5000 tier one stone dragons (Reason: No support for transforming creatures)
Vir: Create 1000 Mimics on Ka (Reason: No traits given)
Luuc: Create non-trivial Demons (Reason: No traits given)
Atian: Create 300 Klinkons (Reason: Missing traits Builder and Miner)
The Serene Tower: Create a Mars-sized tower on wizard island (Reason: Is this a world? Do world traits apply to buildings?)

((Note: Scaling function 2log2(n+1) has been implemented))

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sleeping Beauties (click to show/hide)
Active Council resolutions
Spoiler: Council resolutions (click to show/hide)
Proposalog
Spoiler: Proposals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Traits (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Failed (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Passed (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Added (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1704 on: May 20, 2016, 05:05:24 am »

Propose: Sphere discounts do not apply to node creation, as nodes already embody a god's sphere. The only exception is the "Magic" sphere, which does receive a sphere discount. ((Shouldn't matter, I don't think we have a god of magic, but included for completeness))

Ascald finally comes out of his self-exile to Ascalon. He sends Sciathan to tend to his mortals, continuing to guide them to further technological advancement. Sciathan also focuses on ensuring the Keardai can find trade partners.

((As a note, the Keardai would function much like a player's fortress in DF would; selling off the lower-quality (by their standards) works but keeping all of the masterworks to themselves.))

"I believe this proposal would solve the issue of sphere discounts."
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 05:10:18 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: May 20, 2016, 05:33:10 am »

-snip-
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: May 20, 2016, 05:37:21 am »

Propose: Sphere discounts do not apply to node creation, as nodes already embody a god's sphere. The only exception is the "Magic" sphere, which does receive a sphere discount.
Oppose

EDIT: ((Sorry, meant to edit previous post, not double-post.))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: May 20, 2016, 05:39:15 am »

Create Djangalis the the evercrawling, everflying, everswimming Turtle for 2.5 Essence
Spoiler: Djangalis (click to show/hide)

Create 4Essence worth of Shadles.
Spoiler: Shadles (click to show/hide)

Appear before Djangalis and the Shadles: "Djangalis fly over the lands of this planets and spray your dust of discipline, wherever you will go. Take good care of the shadles and teach them the things you know and learn. Always act disciplined, and teach this discipline to the short lived Shadles.

Shadles, take good care of Djangalis, defend her viciously as she is your home. Try to map the entire world, and try to capture interesting items and artifacts on your travels. Always act disciplined. Due to the way you live and are created, it is of most importance that you all act disciplined."
Teach Djangalis proper etiquette and martial arts in air. Teach the Shadles the way to properly gain goo, proper etiquette and map making.

Spend 2E to create the Ecosystem of Djangalis.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 06:11:04 am by Detoxicated »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1708 on: May 20, 2016, 05:39:37 am »

Ascald sighs.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: May 20, 2016, 06:44:53 am »

[Axt, God of Enchanted Weapons]

Axt Rekkr Adventure Part IV:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Teach a small group of Mennesker, Lesser Weapon Enchanting (Weapon Scripting).
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 135