Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 135

Author Topic: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces  (Read 176455 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.0: Slips
« Reply #1890 on: June 01, 2016, 04:20:00 am »

[Axt, God of Enchanted Weapons]

As said before, Axt uses 1E to further the cunning fox project, and will do so each tick.
((Rekkr has the super beasts, so only the foxes there need the power. The other islands are unaffected.))

"There seems to be no rules for dungeon creation, and I am not going to have them use the planet creation rules."
Propose: Axe Dungeon 1: Dungeons have the base cost of 0.25 Essence. And will use traits to augment their effect.

Propose: Axe Dungeon 2: It costs 25% of the invested Essence for a god to access the dungeon. Items in the dungeon counts as invested essence, so if there's God A's artifact which cost 3 Essence in a 12 Essence dungeon, the god can access the dungeon. Creatures count as Essence in this regard, and it only counts the added value of all the items belonging to a god. This will also allow up to 4 gods to participate in the creation, as investment in the dungeon counts as items in this regard as well.

Propose: Axe Dungeon 3: Idols of Power, enchanted by the gods, let the wielder call upon a limited amount of power from the god. The more powerful the item, and the more skilled the wielder, the more power can be drawn. But god can freely deny them power, so it cannot be used without the god's permission.
"I think this is a good baseline, allowing... wait."
Propose: Axe Dungeon 4: Gods cannot remove their items from a dungeon, or any others' items, only mortals can take items out of a dungeon.
"This will make it a realm for mortal adventurers, with limited interference from gods, but still make it so it's not a safe zone.
But before I can propose traits, I need the baseline approved.
"
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 04:56:18 am by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1891 on: June 01, 2016, 06:48:23 am »

Support all of Axt's proposals above.

"This seems to be a splendid idea."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Fiery_Death

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: June 01, 2016, 06:56:50 am »

Support Axe Dungeon Proposals 1 through 4.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: June 01, 2016, 07:03:42 am »

Support Axe Dungeon 1-4
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: June 01, 2016, 07:11:22 am »

Propose: Axe Dungeon 1:

Propose: Axe Dungeon 3:

Propose: Axe Dungeon 4:
Abstain.

Propose: Axe Dungeon 2: It costs 25% of the invested Essence for a god to access the dungeon. Items in the dungeon counts as invested essence, so if there's God A's artifact which cost 3 Essence in a 12 Essence dungeon, the god can access the dungeon. Creatures count as Essence in this regard, and it only counts the added value of all the items belonging to a god. This will also allow up to 4 gods to participate in the creation, as investment in the dungeon counts as items in this regard as well.
"What if a god puts things into the dungeon after the fact? Will the access be recalculated? If five or more gods invest in a dungeon, won't only three of them be ever able to reach 25% investment and access it? Also, a 3E artifact in a 12E dungeon is 20% of the total cost, not 25%."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: June 01, 2016, 07:34:07 am »

"Aha I figured it would be Mischief himself who did the burnings... Thinking you accused poor Munroe which got him killed..."
Send the following headlines to the newspapers: "God of Journalism suspected to Burn down Printing Houses"

"Maybe if it is true, we should hang him and burn him upside down? Would you like that Mischief? I mean you can't honestly mess with freedom of speech so much, I mean we other gods followed your plan to let the paperboys work, but you couldn't go through with it and had to burn them down. Probably because you wanted to gain power too, afterall you could attack a god who was against freedom of speech... Show yourself Mischief, and explain your action to all of us!"

EDit: "Axe I do not understand your second proposal. If you care to explain your proposals in different words I will support them, as they seem interesting enough to me!"
Also create big and small turtles of various sizes surrounding any turtlekind land for 2 Essence, so the shellcarvers can practice all they want...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 07:39:14 am by Detoxicated »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: June 01, 2016, 08:59:42 am »

"What if a god puts things into the dungeon after the fact? Will the access be recalculated? If five or more gods invest in a dungeon, won't only three of them be ever able to reach 25% investment and access it? Also, a 3E artifact in a 12E dungeon is 20% of the total cost, not 25%."
"12 Essence was invested into the dungeon, the artifacts inside are not investment, they're contents. If a 6 Essence dragon inhabits the dungeon, the dungeon is still a 12 Essence dungeon.
I am going to put the limit at 4 gods, if you want to do a dungeon with 5 or more gods, you will have to design 2 dungeons that fit together to be one dungeon, but have little power over the other part.
"

EDit: "Axe I do not understand your second proposal. If you care to explain your proposals in different words I will support them, as they seem interesting enough to me!"
Also create big and small turtles of various sizes surrounding any turtlekind land for 2 Essence, so the shellcarvers can practice all they want...
"I have planned to propose dungeon traits, only the dungeon traits count as investment. Things inside the dungeon are content.
So if a dungeon is created for 16 Essence, it'll require you to have content worth 4 Essence before you have power over it.
"

"However, you can take over a dungeon by investing up to 25% into the dungeon, but that does scale.
So in order to take over a dungeon of 12 Essence, you have to first gain access by putting in an item worth 3 Essence, and then invest 4 Essence into the dungeon.
After that, you can even alter the dungeon.
"

"But dungeons solidify with age, and will retain parts of itself even when altered.
So if you want to make an old brick dungeon into a magma dungeon, it will be a magma dungeon with big chunks of the brick dungeon remaining.
Younger dungeons will have less remaining, but you will have to spend a lot in order to erase all remains of the previous dungeon.
"
Propose: Axe Dungeon 5: A dungeon will solidify with age, making them harder to alter. After 10 Ticks, it's almost impossible to alter their environment (only small patches of new environment), and you're better off just making a new dungeon connected to it (like giant cracks in the floor, leading to a magma dungeon).

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: June 01, 2016, 09:42:05 am »

"Aha I figured it would be Mischief himself who did the burnings... Thinking you accused poor Munroe which got him killed..."
Send the following headlines to the newspapers: "God of Journalism suspected to Burn down Printing Houses"

"Maybe if it is true, we should hang him and burn him upside down? Would you like that Mischief? I mean you can't honestly mess with freedom of speech so much, I mean we other gods followed your plan to let the paperboys work, but you couldn't go through with it and had to burn them down. Probably because you wanted to gain power too, afterall you could attack a god who was against freedom of speech... Show yourself Mischief, and explain your action to all of us!"

"You are very quick to assume the results of the investigation have not been tampered with in some manner. Perhaps you could tell us why Mischief was publicly investigating the arson if they were the one that burned the print houses down? If that were the case, one might expect the results to be very different..."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: June 01, 2016, 10:12:28 am »

Propose: Axe Dungeon 2:
Propose: Axe Dungeon 5:
Support.

Change vote: Support.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: June 01, 2016, 10:14:39 am »

"You are very quick to assume the results of the investigation have not been tampered with in some manner. Perhaps you could tell us why Mischief was publicly investigating the arson if they were the one that burned the print houses down? If that were the case, one might expect the results to be very different..."
"Just, when you all find the culprit. Don't gang up in a mob. Keep it honorable."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: June 01, 2016, 10:21:24 am »

Show yourself Mischief, and explain your action to all of us!"
"INVESTIGATION CONTAMINATES CRIME SCENE. NOTHING TO EXPLAIN, SAY JOURNALISTS."

"As a side note, I'd like to point out you asked to ally with us not long ago. You're not doing a very good job at convincing us to change our mind about it."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: June 01, 2016, 10:27:56 am »

"Just, when you all find the culprit. Don't gang up in a mob. Keep it honorable."
"I have minimal interest in this, to be quite honest. I am mostly intrigued by Zurion going out of their way to hold a certain position, especially when that position is not the only position that exists, and is an unlikely position to exist in the first place."

Propose: Axe Dungeon 1: Dungeons have the base cost of 0.25 Essence. And will use traits to augment their effect.

Propose: Axe Dungeon 3: Idols of Power, enchanted by the gods, let the wielder call upon a limited amount of power from the god. The more powerful the item, and the more skilled the wielder, the more power can be drawn. But god can freely deny them power, so it cannot be used without the god's permission.

Propose: Axe Dungeon 4: Gods cannot remove their items from a dungeon, or any others' items, only mortals can take items out of a dungeon.

Saukko

Support

Propose: Axe Dungeon 5: A dungeon will solidify with age, making them harder to alter. After 10 Ticks, it's almost impossible to alter their environment (only small patches of new environment), and you're better off just making a new dungeon connected to it (like giant cracks in the floor, leading to a magma dungeon).

Oppose
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 10:31:15 am by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: June 01, 2016, 10:40:02 am »

"There seems to be no rules for dungeon creation, and I am not going to have them use the planet creation rules."
Propose: Axe Dungeon 1:
Propose: Axe Dungeon 2:
Propose: Axe Dungeon 3:
Support
"I cant wait for the Draki to reach any of the islands out there, it will be highly amusing watching them realize they aren't as strong as they thought they are before seconds later they get struck down. Also i like your first four proposals on dungeons Axt, so i will support them."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods 3 IC: Tick 18.5: Bounces
« Reply #1903 on: June 01, 2016, 11:36:41 am »

Tick 18.5: Bounces

Zurion suspects that Mischief himself was the one responsible for the burning down of a printing house. Mischief suggests that that was probably a result of accidentally contaminating the evidence and says there is no need for comment. Saukko considers Zurion's behavior to be suspicious.

The Draki have reached a port town, pillaged and then burnt down most of it, and seized the few ships docked. There are not nearly enough for all the Draki and their yurts.
Shellcarving done on non-speaking turtles has replaced shellcarving done on speaking turtles for most.
There has been an outbreak of spontaneous dancing and dancing-induced dehydration and dementia.
Following a Council resolution, Sollia, Mischief/Christine, Luuc, ior Zurion are urged to generate lists of sites with descriptive blurbs.

Suspended actions

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sleeping Beauties (click to show/hide)
Active Council resolutions
Spoiler: Council resolutions (click to show/hide)
Proposalog
Spoiler: Proposals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Traits (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: June 01, 2016, 12:17:53 pm »

"Well, seeing as the Dungeons seem to be going well toward passing. I will make the second part."
Propose: Dungeon Trait Axe 1: Dungeons have 4 characteristics, Size, Residents, Environment, and Location. A dungeon has to have Size, making the base cost 0.25 Essence. Including the other characteristics adds 0.25 Essence for each.
Propose: Dungeon Trait Axe 2: Any trait applied on the characteristic, will only multiply the price of the characteristic, not the total price of the dungeon. So a dungeon with standard everything is 1 Essence, while a dungeon with a 2x trait on size and everything else standard is 1.25 Essence.
"With this, you can enhance a dungeon, without the price skyrocketing."

"Now, to make some tangible traits. Because these proposals say nothing alone."
Spoiler: Proposal (click to show/hide)

"Nice and simple numbers. And by having it be volume, you can keep the area big, by lowering the ceiling. And tall rooms are a luxury.
It only counts the space between the walls, ceiling, and floor, so it means you can have it stretch really far, rather than encouraging cube dungeons, with only that small a cube to work within.
And bringing Size to 10, the Size alone would cost... 128 Essence. Feel free to bring your own proposals, I am not one for math.
"
((1 000 m3 can make a 20x12x4 meter house, or, in imperial terms, 65x40x13 feet. Well, there is a bit more space than that, but only a little.
Only the space between the walls, ceiling, and floor is counted, aka. the space you can move in. Not the thickness of the walls, ceiling or floor.
Converting from meter to kilometer had me reduce it by a factor of a billion, that small 3 means I have to reduce it by 1 000*1 000*1 000, instead of the regular 1 000.
20 = 1, this is because it's seen as 1*20, so if there's no 2-s to multiply it with, it's just 1. While 23 is seen as 1*23, which is 1*2*2*2 = 8.))

"I am a bit tired after that, I will make the other trait proposals later. Math is a bit difficult."

Edit: ((I'll make the prices easier to read.))
Spoiler: Simplified (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:50:39 pm by Happy Demon »

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 135