Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 179216 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston: Do what the SPOOKy men say. 7/7
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2016, 04:28:41 pm »

Keep oursss parachute, harm anyone who tries and takes its froms us, its our preciousssssss!!
Don't worry You'll get one.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2016, 11:35:10 pm »

"What are you talking about? Obviously people talk in colors. Otherwise how would you know who is speaking?"
Ohe procures a rather thick novel, and turns to a page in which the protagonist speaks in a northern green accent.

"Anyway, spooks, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to accept your offer to murder me in cold blood. I'm awfully busy, you see."
Accept the offer.
[Charisma 5] [spooks intelligence 4] The agent's are stunned by the sheer stupidity of this statement and fail to react in a violent way, clearly realizing that Groo and Thadeus are not perhaps not the only members of limited intelligence here, the speaking spook repeats his offer in very slow terms using expansive hand gestures and the occasionally foray into sign language, before drawing his pistol pointing it at your forehead when he gets to the part about killing you in cold blood. before asking,  "Now, Mr. Sukuodi are you sure that you are still busy?"

"Mr. Oh-ess-ess helping my country is always a good thing what kind of idiot would say no? Oh oh, next time can I be the person that shoots the idiot that says no and disposes of the body? I think it's funny when the beasts fight over the body and then usually one of them chokes on a part of the dead guy. Or gets eaten by another beast. What's your favorite beast? I like the ones that are kinda big and look like dogs kinda, but not too big, just like, big enough, you know? Like you could ride them around and people would run screaming from you and it would eat anyone you didn't like. Oh, and if they are multi-colored that's even better, the more colors the better. What about you? What colors do you like? This one time I got to a really really big one up close and it had lots of colors and..."

Accept of course. And talk. Talky talk talk. Use circular breathing to talk with out stopping to take breaths.
[Charimsa 3] [Agent intelligence 6] Your attempt to drive the agents insane through inane chatter is cut short when the silent agent suddenly produces from his jacket a vibrating Daemon knife and points it at you while holding a finger to his lips. It's pretty clear what he want's you to do.

"I'll go along with it, why not. But we need parachutes. One for each of us. Just incase, you know? It'd probably be better if we had to walk it there if we end up going down, rather than just losing that package in the wilderness."

I'm in. But I want parachutes.
"Nikolai wants to serve his country, blin. But parachutes are important, yes."

In, but parachutes are wanted.
The talking agent glances at you "Relax, you will all be provided with parachutes, we wouldn't want to risk damaging the blueprint if you crash now would we?

Keep oursss parachute, harm anyone who tries and takes its froms us, its our preciousssssss!!
Don't worry You'll get one.
You clutch your parachute to your chest and begin to hiss about precioness and asking the the spooks what in their pockets The agent looks at you and then at his silent partner and then suddenly starts ranting about everyone referencing some WWI vet named Tolkien these days. Not sure what that's all about.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2016, 11:40:54 pm »

"What are you, an idiot? I said I'm busy. I already told you my preference. What's the holdup?"
Speak.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 01:08:41 am by Egan_BW »
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2016, 11:51:32 pm »

Damian peeks up when the agent draws the knife, his interest drawn to it.

"Daaamn, that's a nice knife. Probably better than the ones in the store, right? Did you bind that daemon yourself?"

Yay, parachutes. I'm definitely onboard with this mission.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2016, 12:52:12 am »

There are many things Thaddeus doesn't recognize, but a daemon knife being pointed at him is something that is near universal. You can see his eyes glaze over and almost see the war going on in his head as he struggles between staying alive and asking about the knife. Unfortunately, the knife askers won.

"...which daemon and how hard was the ritual?"

Hopefully not his last words. After getting an answer, shut up. Even if there is no answer, shut up.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2016, 08:12:15 am »

Ask the spooks what we need to do, silent my fellow team mates.
ok guys enough fooling around, we ne3d to get down to buisiness
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston: This is why football players wear helmets. 7/7
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2016, 11:21:47 pm »

"What are you, an idiot? I said I'm busy. I already told you my preference. What's the holdup?"
Speak.
You would rather flippantly insult the man holding the gun to you head, but you unfortunately were just tackled and got the wind knocked out of you by your resident field medic who is know lying uncurious next to you.
Damian peeks up when the agent draws the knife, his interest drawn to it.

"Daaamn, that's a nice knife. Probably better than the ones in the store, right? Did you bind that daemon yourself?"

Yay, parachutes. I'm definitely onboard with this mission.
The silent one nods slightly and points at the pic tograms he already made for Thadeus.
There are many things Thaddeus doesn't recognize, but a daemon knife being pointed at him is something that is near universal. You can see his eyes glaze over and almost see the war going on in his head as he struggles between staying alive and asking about the knife. Unfortunately, the knife askers won.

"...which daemon and how hard was the ritual?"

Hopefully not his last words. After getting an answer, shut up. Even if there is no answer, shut up.
[Charisma 5] [spook intelligence 6] Perhaps pleased by seeing that the threat proved effective in causing you to stop asking inane questions and start asking important ones, the silent spook reverses his grip on the knife and slams it into the table, he then begins to cut a detailed description of the daemon and the ritual into the table, clearly knowing about your difficulty reading the spook helpfully made it into picto grams, isn't that nice. Looking over it it would appear as if the ritual would be extremely hard and the daemon is a very high frequnecy daemon in fact it's so high the human ear can't even hear it that's going to mean some pricey specialty equipment if you want to follow a similar ritual.[+1 to doing that particular ritual with that particular frequency of daemon]
Ask the spooks what we need to do, silent my fellow team mates.
ok guys enough fooling around, we ne3d to get down to buisiness
Suddenly breaking the tense battle of wills between Ohe and the spook, you launch yourself at Ohe with a blood curdling cry [dex 4] and slam into him in an off centered manner, [strength 6] [ohe strength 3] luckily your sheer bulk slams Ohe out of his chair and leaves him sprawled on the floor with the wind knocked out of him. Unfortunately for you, you hit your head on the table [end 1] and have completely knocked yourself unconscious from the force of it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 11:47:45 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2016, 12:02:59 am »

((These spooks seem to have fairly high intelligence...))

"...huh...I didn't...do you have anymore items imbued that you would be willing to share about? What happens when someone is cut with that?"

Study the ritual and deamon. Learn. Don't get killed. Let's do this! Yeah! Hopefully half of us won't get killed like the test mission!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 12:18:52 am by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2016, 12:09:53 am »

"Neat! You have any tips for imbuing daemons into things? You ever try imbuing one into one of those endo exosuits? You think you could share some of your knowledge with me if we make it through this? Please?"

I have a few more questions. But I'll stop asking them if the Spook doesn't feel like answering me. Also study the pictograms of the ritual and daemon.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 12:25:44 am by Beirus »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2016, 12:19:45 am »

"Neat! You have any tips for imbuing daemons into things? You ever try imbuing one into one of those endo exosuits? You think you could share some of your knowledge with me if we make it through this? Please?"

I have a few more questions. Wonder if I could bind a daemon to the knife I currently have.
That is common knowledge any daemonist would already know. You can bind daemons into anything made of metal, however the stronger the daemon the higher quality the metal has to be in order to prevent shattering from the resonance. If the knife shatters the daemon is freed and bad things happen. Daemons knifes are extremely high quality steel in order to resist shattering.With the regular knife that you guys are given you could infuse it but it would only have a chance of containing a weak daemon and would only be able to guide the knife slightly, no rolling for daemonism instead of strength and dex instead it would give a bonus to dex on success i.e. nothing happens on a 4, a +1 on a 5 and a direct +1 on a 6, it wouldn't be able to block bullets and would risk shattering every time you used it.

Why would you want dumb spies?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 12:28:41 am by MidnightJaguar »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2016, 12:41:37 am »

((Good to know. Didn't see any of that anywhere before, but maybe I just didn't look in the right place.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2016, 05:11:17 am »

((err woops never mind didn't read where I knocked myself unconcious)))
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 05:14:44 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2016, 09:05:29 am »

((Good to know. Didn't see any of that anywhere before, but maybe I just didn't look in the right place.))
It's not in any particular place, since I wasn't really sure where to mention common knowledge such as this, so I'm just answering it as it comes up. Since this game is semi historical in terms of planes, weaponry, and general political atmosphere, I will also be doing the same thing if you guys are about to be screwed by something that the player wouldn't necessarily know, such as the fact that the .30 browning was considered a very high maintenance gun or that the Nordon bombsight's effectiveness was overestimated by Allied commanders.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 09:54:01 am by MidnightJaguar »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2016, 12:05:19 am »

Groo casually leans over and lifts Varion onto his shoulders in a fireman's carry.  Then he turns back to the spooks, with a smile on his face, and asks a question:

"Where Groo go?"

Well?  Where Groo go?
[Strength 3] Varion is a heavier than he looks and Groo just can't get a good enough grip to lift him up. Eventually abandoning that plan, Groo's duo of brain cells muster their effort to speak, and say "Where Groo go?" to the spooks. Both spooks look stunned for a moment by the fact that Groo actually spoke and almost a formed a complete sentence, before the gun wielding one recovers and says "Mr, uh, Groo, you all will be leaving very shortly, in fact as soon as your two daemonists stop staring at my partners knife, There is a loud thwack followed by a thump of someone's head hitting the table, the gun wielding agent glances at the scene to his left and says " actually when you all manage to pull your buddy's  hand free from that knife, then you all will be given the briefcase and sent on the mission."

"...huh...I didn't...do you have anymore items imbued that you would be willing to share about? What happens when someone is cut with that?"

Study the ritual and deamon. Learn. Don't get killed. Let's do this! Yeah! Hopefully half of us won't get killed like the test mission!
[Charisma 1] [intelligence 6] Apperntlly incised at your further questioning, the silent spook wordlessly cocks his arm back and [daemonism: 1+4=5]  hurls the knife which with an earsplitting screech embeds itself in your hand [no dex roll because of the five and the daemon infused knife] [resilience 1] and goes clean through your hand severing the tendons in it, and embeds itself in the table as well thus sticking your hand to the table, [resilience roll for pain 1] you immediately pass out from pain.

I have a few more questions. But I'll stop asking them if the Spook doesn't feel like answering me. Also study the pictograms of the ritual and daemon.
Something tells you that you should probably stop asking questions right now. It's probably the dude with Daemon knife in his hand whose passed out from pain and is now lying on the table. Regardless you quickly look over the pictogram ritual. [+1 to doing that particular ritual with that particular frequency of daemon]

Varion attempts to regain conciseness [resilience: 3] He's still out for the count although he doesn't seem to be any worse for wear from that massive concussion he suffered.

Ohe spends the turn getting his breath back and tries thinking of new and creative words to use to insult Varion. [Intelligence 2] well he would except he can't think of any, clearly his creativity needs an infusion of shrooms to really think of something.

((So, quick question do you guys want 2 resilience rolls for wounds, one for determining how bad it is and the other for pain? Or just one that governs both?))
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 01:06:34 am by MidnightJaguar »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 128