Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 179135 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston: This is why football players wear helmets. 7/7
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2016, 12:11:09 am »

While I'm not all there, I'm not motivated by candy, nor am I prone to assuming that random planes are full of it. I arrive under the impression that the owners of this plane are in need of occasional violence, and that they may stumble across piles of currency, which is a thing that I desire, as it gets me more knives usable for occasional violence.
TL;DR: I'm an adventurer.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2016, 12:13:04 am »

Fair enough I suppose having numerous people motivated solely by candy would be rather boring though, have fun explaining that rather complex view point to Groo.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 12:16:17 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2016, 09:11:27 am »

Just get on plane and take up my position near the back of the plane. Figure out what we're doing.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2016, 09:24:45 am »

Once I get thrown on the plane, do the pre-flight checks to see if all systems are a-go.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: This is why the ancient Greek medical texts fell from favor. 7/7
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2016, 11:07:08 pm »

((Bring me the adolescents in long pants!))

"Damn, that table is ruined. Oh! Your hand is still bleeding. My bad. Priorities."

Actually try to fix Thadeus' knife wound now that the more mportant damage to the table has been considered, unless the other guy manages to fix it. Preferably fix it once we get on the plane.

The interior decorating crises over you Drag Thadeuses unconscious body to the plane, and then set about attempting to actually preform medicine. [doctor 1] You know, looking this wound over his hand looks completly fucked up, like you can see all this red stuff and some bone. 'Man this can't be good'. you think and decide to show off your Greek by treating the wound using the one of the most advanced medical technologies available to the ancient greeks, amputation. Running over to Nikolia's engineering kit you shove him roughly out of the way and grab a rotary saw from it, running back to your uncurious victim patient you fire up the rotary saw and plunge it towards his wrist. The saw cuts through it like butter and now Thadeus is the proud owner of one hemorrhaging stump and a severed hand. You feel like you fucked up somehow.

((Okay, seriously what is up with this RNG?))

While I'm not all there, I'm not motivated by candy, nor am I prone to assuming that random planes are full of it. I arrive under the impression that the owners of this plane are in need of occasional violence, and that they may stumble across piles of currency, which is a thing that I desire, as it gets me more knives usable for occasional violence.
TL;DR: I'm an adventurer.

Having already sequestered yourself in the plane you decide to wait for someone to come along so that you can make your proposition of violence for money to someone. Eventually some does come along, unfortunately that someone is Groo. You attempt to explain you proposition to Groo. [Charisma 3] Why, hello Mr. Big man how are you? I saw on your window that you were offering money for killling? I have lots of knives can I help? [Groo intelligence 2] Groo's duo of brain cells is dazzled by the impressive display of wordplay and lets you join the crew.

Just get on plane and take up my position near the back of the plane. Figure out what we're doing.
You man a side gun blister and hear the crackling of the OSS agent over your radio. Alright listen up people you are going to take off now and fly towards Detroit we already marked it on your map so navigation shouldn't be a problem. Remember you're going to be flying low and slow so be prepared for beast attacks. Now get going. You also hear the revving of circular saw followed by a magical laughing. That can't be good.

Once I get thrown on the plane, do the pre-flight checks to see if all systems are a-go.
Bracing your self against the horror that the late Ohe would have inflicted on the cockpit you clamber into it, and begin the pre flight check [piloting 2] Ohe has covered everything in such a fungal mess it's nearly impossible to read the labels of the switches, you hope everything is still standard or else things might get dicey. ((note: the piloting roll did not affect the fact that the cockpit was a fungal mess, if you had rolled better you merely would have been able to figure out more of what each lever and switch did))

[Thaddeus resilience 6] You wake up, mercifully after the amputation, and feel slightly off balance and extremely dizzy, wait what is your hand doing over there?

[Thaddeus wounds: HE'S MISSING HIS FUCKING HAND!]
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 11:23:54 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2016, 11:14:25 pm »

Make  a quick little pirate's hook thing by attacking a cleaver or knife to Thaddeus' stump. Fix him up otherwise before rturning to my isolation with me and my parachute of safety.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Content in my righteousness, go find a quiet corner of the plane and admire my knives.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Seriously. I hope I'm not this bad at daemonism, but I'm not gonna test that on thad's hand replacement.))

Bandage Thad's stump, then assist with the hand replacement. Afterwards, go see if Nikolai would be willing to make a prosthetic hand for Thad. Put his rotary saw back first. If threatened, joyfully thank the person for volunteering for my less humane experiments. Offer to take the other hand off free of charge.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 04:09:36 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Adre yelps in pain as Groo grips their hand tightly, and places their other hand on the handle of a knife, but doesn't draw it yet.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Seriously. I hope I'm not this bad at daemonism, but I'm not gonna test that on thad's hand replacement.))

Bandage Thad's stump, then assist with the hand replacement.

Probably also should've mentioned it at some point but you can in fact make daemon infused prosthetics they roll on Daemonism and engineering and get installed with doctor. Note that none of these things have to be done by the same person. The Daemonism lets it be significantly more dexterous than a normal prosthetic of the time period and will act like a normal hand if all goes well. For normal prosthetics they roll on engineering to build them and medical to install them. You could also pay money and go to a hospital to get it fixed up. They tend to be pricey but very competent. The more advanced and completely experimental alchemy potions might also aid in fixing up wounds of this nature.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 09:21:32 am by MidnightJaguar »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'm gonna go edit my post.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

"This is bullshit. Where does the moss even come from? Idi Nahui."

Try to wipe away/pull off some of the moss so I can read the labels. Then do the pre-flight checks again.

After pre-flight checks, use some random scrap I find laying around to make a hook hand for our one handed teammate.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 04:14:07 pm by Pancaek »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As varion heres the yelp he screams from down the ship
Grue too hard, down boy!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 128