Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 180164 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile

((Damn work, making me miss a chance to reply before the update. So much character development lost. Also, MidnightJaguar, my action said bandage the stump, didn't it? I really don't care if Damian ends up just stuffing gauze on the wound and barely managing to stop the bleeding or not really being effective because of the 3, but I'd really like to see the results reflect the action I submitted. I'm not trying to be a dick, but it seems lIke you just ignored the content of the action. I don't know the challenges you face GMing this gamr, and I haven't run one myself so I can't relate, but it irks me to see my action and then see results that seem unrelated to what I was attempting. Really, I'm sorry for getting nitpicky and I don't mean to offend you, but I wanted to bring it to your attention.))
((Most I could personalh see coming from this is bandages wasted, some blood cleaned up)0
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'd be completely fine with that. Such is the nature of a 3. Hopefully it wouldn't be a majority of my bandages.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

((Damn work, making me miss a chance to reply before the update. So much character development lost. Also, MidnightJaguar, my action said bandage the stump, didn't it? I really don't care if Damian ends up just stuffing gauze on the wound and barely managing to stop the bleeding or not really being effective because of the 3, but I'd really like to see the results reflect the action I submitted. I'm not trying to be a dick, but it seems lIke you just ignored the content of the action. I don't know the challenges you face GMing this gamr, and I haven't run one myself so I can't relate, but it irks me to see my action and then see results that seem unrelated to what I was attempting. Really, I'm sorry for getting nitpicky and I don't mean to offend you, but I wanted to bring it to your attention.))
Ah, my apologies, I'll go fix that.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just...focus on not dying. Please. Just...just, don't die.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((don't worry if you go out we'll bqndage you up and jump start you by attaching jumper cabl3s to a car battery and your nipples...That's how it works, right?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

Nikolai throws his hands in the air. "I give up! Even though I am pilot I cannot even do something as simple as pre flight checks. Perhaps is brain damage, perhaps is universe of hating me. Either way, am no longer qualified to fly this thing, blin."

give up on pre flight checks or piloting this thing at all. Get some booze that will get me drunk.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bandage it properly and tightly, preferably before someone burns it. Elevate the arm above the level of Thad's heart. Then give Thad some plasma to replace the lost blood and apply fast-acting sedative or anesthetic, because cauterization is gonna hurt. Remove the bandages if someone gets a viable tool for cauterization and has it working to the point they are ready to cauterize, but not before. Apply painkillers and more plasma afterwards.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 04:14:41 pm by Beirus »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay all of you, just be quite. Someone get this man warm and covered. Some one keep the plane stable, someone get him plasma. Cautorizing the wound should help stop the bleeding and seal everythjng so it can be bandaged. Then, and let me make this clear, then we can talk of prostetics. No messing with daemonw kn the plain, you wanna do that, take two people good with guns go out there, do you thing.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

Find something to Start a fire, Cautorize his wounds
Someone put your coat or a blanket ovee him, also might need to give him plasma and some blood, hopefully not...Grue, could you help apllie pressure to something? I need you to squeeze above the stumo of this man! Just be gentle, m'kay?

Overjoyed to be of use, Groo rushes over with a massive split in his face, or perhaps a wide smile.  "Groo help!"

Groo help!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damian responds as he fiddles with the bandages.

"I'll pull the bandages off once you get something hot enough to cauterize the stump, and I'll give him some plasma to help once the bandages are secure. Until then, we need to keep the bleeding to a minimum by any and all possible methods, or he'll probably die before you get a fire started, and any plasma we gave him would just flow out. Speaking of that, after there is no longer a man bleeding out, I'm going to get back around to your hypocrisy of no daemons on the plane when you're perfectly wiling to make a fire inside an enclosed space that also might have munitions inside. They are at most equally as dangerous. Oh, and I quite enjoy numbered conversations. Makes things more concise without all the rhetoric."

((Yay, I got to fit in the thing I wanted to say before the update. If Damian survives long enough, I plan to have his speech become more and more concise and short as he loses his sanity through the side effects of practicing daemonism. Or loss of sanity for any other reason. Kind of like The Doctor talks.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd prefer not to start a fire I was hopeing we'd have some highvoltage filament, plus a fire is easier to out out and get rid of then a daemon.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you go through Nikolai's engineering kit you could borrow a butane torch. You could also attempt to jury rig a battery to act as electric cauterize toon kit although that does have decent chance of electrocuting him if if you fuck it up.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile

Someone put your coat or a blanket ovee him, also might need to give him plasma and some blood, hopefully not...Grue, could you help apllie pressure to something? I need you to squeeze above the stumo of this man! Just be gentle, m'kay?

Overjoyed to be of use, Groo rushes over with a massive split in his face, or perhaps a wide smile.  "Groo help!"

Groo help!
((I'm glad that I helped come up with the system over IRC though which Groo is about to ruin everything. [32]->[3]->[+0 to next roll]))
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you go through Nikolai's engineering kit you could borrow a butane torch. You could also attempt to jury rig a battery to act as electric cauterize toon kit although that does have decent chance of electrocuting him if if you fuck it up.
Butane torch sounds better.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston: Rest In Peace Thaddeus. 6/7
« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2016, 08:15:09 pm »

Groo help!
Right so this is a situation where assistance rolls come into play which is totally something I thought long and hard about and totally did not just use the system that Egan and Syv came up with last night. :P
the way it works is that a it gives the person being assisted a -2 for a 1 a  -1 for a 2  a +0 for a 3 or a 4  a +2 for a 5 and +1 for a 6
Groo's "helping" [doctor 1] [Varion doctor 5] Groo's version of helping appears to be stumbling around getting in the way while singing about helping in a[charisma 2] slow and off key and generally grating rhythm. Varion rushes over and grabs the butane torch and a trowel, coercing Groo to hold the trowel while he heats it up, he lights the torch and works the flame over the metal surface of the trowel whistling a jaunty tune. When it finally heats up he quickly snatches it back from Groo before Groo can burn himself on it and still whistling plunges it down onto the bleeding stump and works it over, completely cauterizing the wound.  Shit. that does not seem to be enough he's still dying

Calmly meditate on the nature of violence.
[intelligence 2] You contemplate the nature of violence. It seems pretty fun
Nikolai throws his hands in the air. "I give up! Even though I am pilot I cannot even do something as simple as pre flight checks. Perhaps is brain damage, perhaps is universe of hating me. Either way, am no longer qualified to fly this thing, blin."

give up on pre flight checks or piloting this thing at all. Get some booze that will get me drunk.
You abandon the plane and decide to go to a nearby bar and get wasted, approaching the bartender you ask for a bottle of vodka, it's 2 coins and you happily pay. grabbing the booze you take a deep swig [resilience 6] Blin, you are still stone cold sober.

Bandage it properly and tightly, preferably before someone burns it. Elevate the arm above the level of Thad's heart. Then give Thad some plasma to replace the lost blood and apply fast-acting sedative or anesthetic, because cauterization is gonna hurt. Remove the bandages if someone gets a viable tool for cauterization and has it working to the point they are ready to cauterize, but not before. Apply painkillers and more plasma afterwards.
[doctor 4] You get the bandages set up elevate Thaddeus' arm and get some morphine into him until Varion is ready for the cauterization, then you yank the bandages out of the way and let Varion cauterize the wound, however it takes you a while to find a vein to poke the IV in and and when you finally do Thadeus is even more pale than he looked before.

[resilience 2] You are still going into shock despite the best efforts of both doctors and nurse Groo. You must now pass a resilience roll by getting 4 or above

DUN-DUN-DUN
[Resilience 1] Thaddeus knows his time has come, everywhere he looks his vision fades and sensation distorts into a muffled pain and a terrible cold that seeps into him. In his delusions he cries out, like many dying men, for his mother and for water.  Dining that he has revived norther he gives off a terrible groan and Thaddeus, the most charismatic of the crew, dies.

((sorry renegade, the dice were not kind to you))
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 12:40:32 pm by MidnightJaguar »

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 128