Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 180090 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh, I have an idea!"

Damian wanders over to Nikolai.

"Excuse me, Nikolai, was it? If you happen to have a moment of free time later, would you mind making a prosthetic hand for our stabbed crew member over there? If I infuse it with a daemon, he might be able to get full functionality from it. And two hands are probably better for fighting off beasts than one."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

"Prostethic hand?" He asks in between ripping fungus off of panels "Eh, I could always give try. Do we have some junk lying around here I could use? I don't think is good idea to use parts currently attached to plane, yes?"

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Sorry, some shit came up and I didn't have time to grab my phone. Anyways.))

Threaten best doktor Damian with multiple stab wounds next time a glorious idea fills his pea brain. Just...sit in silence mourning the loss of my hand. Contemplate the idea of eating my own hand. Try to not die.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 02:49:58 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

"Prostethic hand?" He asks in between ripping fungus off of panels "Eh, I could always give try. Do we have some junk lying around here I could use? I don't think is good idea to use parts currently attached to plane, yes?"
You have some spare parts for the engines in your kit and you could probably jury rig something with that it would cost you the use of those parts but that's a problem for another day, unfortunately you lack a welder in the light engineering kit, however since you have yet to leave you could run out of the plane and quickly rent a welder from someone on the dock. It's two gold per use.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hey, person. Nikolai can make hand, yes. But he will use up the parts from his toolkit and have to rent welder on the docks. Could be problem if airplane needs fixing later, yes? What do you say, maybe just make hook instead of prostethic?"

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Psh, you were totally unconcious when I cut your hand off. You have no proof I did it. Other than the blood. And the bloody saw. And the witnesses.  :P))

"That may work, although he wouldn't be able to use it as freely as a daemon-infused prosthetic. Worth a shot, though."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Da, but I can always try making prostethic later, yes? When I don't have to use spare parts for airplane. Well, this airplane."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yes, much more important to fix the thing that keeps us flying than to make a new hand. You have good priorities. My name is Damian, by the way. I don't think I properly introduced myself earlier."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile

Guys just calmn down and help me here, I want to make something like a metal cuff that comes together iver the end of his stump[, i want to weld a knife to the end of it. Mechanic, other doctor help me and for fuck sake no cutting off any limbs y'here?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Two things. First, try asking nicely and I'll help. Second, don't question my methods. Did you even bother to look at the wound? The tendons were torn to shit. He would never regain full use of the hand unless he spent the money on potions and treatments to heal it. It's more efficient to get rid of it and give him a new one. A daemon-infused prosthetic would allow him the same functionality as his old hand, and would be much easier to swap out for a more advanced hand with a higher frequency daemon in it that would most likely perform better than the original. More dextrous, less pain, and more durable. I know what I'm doing."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh are we doing that thing where we says things in some arbitrary, numbered order? Okay! First. You never let me have a look. Two. We don't have neccessarily all the equipement to make a fully working daemon prosteicis on hand do we? I am more then hapoy to hear you out if I am wrong in that.
Also, three if we are going to be messin' with daemons I'd prefer to know all the risks as I'd hate to have a daemon on ship tearing things up on ship.
Four, Right now I'd prefer that we wait and get him something simple and combat effective before we try to make somethng more complex.
Five, if he needs a free hand for something like a shot gun, I am more then wiling to trade him my rifle for his shot gun, heck I'd even pay for the ammo I used 'cause I'm a nice guy.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

Make  a quick little pirate's hook thing by attacking a cleaver or knife to Thaddeus' stump. Fix him up otherwise before rturning to my isolation with me and my parachute of safety.
[doctor 4] noticing that nothing is happening you sprint down the hall and grab a tourniquets from your light medical kit, while you don't get it perfectly positioned the flow of blood has slowed significantly…... and he's started going into shock.

((For shock, blood plasma like the type in both of docs medical kits should help.))

Content in my righteousness, go find a quiet corner of the plane and admire my knives.
You hide in the corner and admit your knives until a massive Groo suddenly appears in  saying how he is you friend and offering up Thaddeus's severed hand in a greeting. [intelligence 1] how nice.

Content in my righteousness, go find a quiet corner of the plane and admire my knives.

NO.  Groo make new friend, Groo show it off! 

...Groo also grab lonely hand, and shake it with new friend.  Groo know this polite way to meet new friend!

[Charisma 3] Groo is now friend…Happy to see you and presents Thaddeus's severed hand to Adre. Adre kindly accepts the offering.

"This is bullshit. Where does the moss even come from? Idi Nahui."

Try to wipe away/pull off some of the moss so I can read the labels. Then do the pre-flight checks again.

After pre-flight checks, use some random scrap I find laying around to make a hook hand for our one handed teammate.

[Strength 2] This stuff is the very devil to get off and despite your best efforts it won't come off. [Piloting 1] you constant pulling has made everything even less recognizable you have no idea where anything is now.

[engineering 5] taking some leather straps from Adre's getup and a metal hook you found lying around you manage to construct a beautiful hook. Now he just needs a an eyepatch and he can be an air pirate rather than an air privateer. looking at the recipient again you begin to wonder if they will in fact survive long enough to receive the hook.

((Seriously. I hope I'm not this bad at daemonism, but I'm not gonna test that on thad's hand replacement.))
Bandage Thad's stump, then assist with the hand replacement. Afterwards, go see if Nikolai would be willing to make a prosthetic hand for Thad. Put his rotary saw back first. If threatened, joyfully thank the person for volunteering for my less humane experiments. Offer to take the other hand off free of charge.

[doctor 3] You dig through you bag cursing until you find a number of bandages while you attempt to staunch the bleeding with them the blood soaks through far too quickly and you can tell they arn't going to be at all effective in stopping the bleeding…hmm maybe you should actually have tried wrapping them tightly to it..
2/3's bandages remain.
((Faith strikes again))

((Sorry, some shit came up and I didn't have time to grab my phone. Anyways.))

Threaten best doktor Damian with multiple stab wounds next time a glorious idea fills his pea brain. Just...sit in silence mourning the loss of my hand. Contemplate the idea of eating my own hand. Try to not die.

[resilience 2] You would do all of these things but you start going into shock. This can not be good.
[Thaddeus's wounds] HE'S MISSING HIS FUCKING HAND partially tourniqueted and he's going into shock.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 10:01:32 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Find something to Start a fire, Cautorize his wounds
Someone put your coat or a blanket ovee him, also might need to give him plasma and some blood, hopefully not...Grue, could you help apllie pressure to something? I need you to squeeze above the stumo of this man! Just be gentle, m'kay?
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Damn work, making me miss a chance to reply before the update. So much character development lost. Also, MidnightJaguar, my action said bandage the stump, didn't it? I really don't care if Damian ends up just stuffing gauze on the wound and barely managing to stop the bleeding or not really being effective because of the 3, but I'd really like to see the results reflect the action I submitted. I'm not trying to be a dick, but it seems lIke you just ignored the content of the action. I don't know the challenges you face GMing this gamr, and I haven't run one myself so I can't relate, but it irks me to see my action and then see results that seem unrelated to what I was attempting. Really, I'm sorry for getting nitpicky and I don't mean to offend you, but I wanted to bring it to your attention.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile

Calmly meditate on the nature of violence.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 128