Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 179167 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston: Rest In Peace Thaddeus. 7/7
« Reply #210 on: June 16, 2016, 06:10:21 pm »

((Works for me!))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston: Mission 1: The Idiot Express.
« Reply #211 on: June 16, 2016, 08:06:30 pm »

((egan feel free to run my char on here whil3 am away))
Offer the sex guys a...ahem, favor for it
[charisma 2] Your attempts to exploit a loose definition of favor are foiled by the fact that the shopkeeper appears happily married at least judging by the numerous pictures of him and his wife ahem showng off some of the products. Your plot foiled you trudge gloomily over to the plane and climb abroad.
Yes, I will absolutely take the 15mm cannon and ammo. Get it back to the plane. Put it in whichever empty weapon blister would make the most sense. Be sure to ask my teammates for help. Man that weapon when the plane is in flight.

Once in flight, do this:

Privateer funeral it is. He might be my brother, but I'm not above saving some money by just dumping him out of the plane and keeping his parachute. Anyways, it's not like Mr. Dead Twin will mind(he would). Be sure to give him a good eulogy. And blame the others for his death.

For the sake of expediency lets just say that using Groo as a makeshift forklift and crane you manage to get the cannon installed in the Catalinas front turret without using an engineering roll and mount the other two guns on the waist blisters.

EVERYONE.

With the shopping done, the plane armed, and pleasingly drunk Nikolia pulls the control stick back and the Catalina with a somewhat worrying rattling in one of it's engines takes off heading towards Detroit city with it's valuable cargo and significantly less valuable crew. Once out of sight of the city, Nikolia drops down to low altitude and slows down to a more fuel efficient speed. Hopefully that will be enough.

THE MISSION HAS BEGUN…finally
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 07:33:57 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 16, 2016, 08:37:44 pm »

Help Nikolai with flying the plane.

After stealing Mr. Dead Twin's parachute, giving him a good eulogy, indirectly blaming everyone else and dumping the body.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 16, 2016, 10:15:36 pm »

Stick to the cargo hold going over the stuff we have, Try to keep grue from actualy firing the gun.
((guess who got wifi for the night, thanks to someone's unprotected wifi))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 16, 2016, 10:30:43 pm »

Sit quietly and wait for the screaming to start.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 17, 2016, 07:13:45 am »

Keep her steady, keep flying to our destination. Show my new copilot which button does what, so he doesn't have to figure it out by himself.

"Hello mister living Thaddius. What brings you to the cockpit?"
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 05:20:13 pm by Pancaek »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 17, 2016, 04:20:44 pm »

"Hmm? Oh, ah, I'm used to flying the two of...hmm. I guess just myself now, but, anyways, I'm used to being the one flying everywhere. If you don't mind, I could be your co-pilot. It would be nice to do something familiar, take my mind off of what happened."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 17, 2016, 05:01:51 pm »

"Sure thing, Tovarish, have a seat. None of the buttons are labelled and everything is covered in moss, but Nikolai has managed to work out what is which with the power of processed potato. Nikolai will be honest, plane has some worrying problems. But Nikolai tries not to pay too much attention, because paying attention will make sure universe pays attention too and then it is sure to break, blin."

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 17, 2016, 05:18:02 pm »

"That...makes an odd sort of sense. Alright. You lead and I'll follow. I'm...not the best at fixing stuff when it breaks, so if those problems start getting too worrying, I can stay piloting while you look into them."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 17, 2016, 05:19:45 pm »

"Da, that sounds good tovarish. I will show you which button does which, yes? Just in case."

-edited action-

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 17, 2016, 06:36:53 pm »

"Yes, yes it does. We may need to eventually look into cleaning this. Or not, it does have a certain charm to it. I think. Or maybe that's the mold infecting my brain."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 17, 2016, 07:06:18 pm »

Go take inventory of what is in my medical kit and daemon kit. Not so much noting quantity as much as noting what different types of things I have.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 17, 2016, 08:10:00 pm »

Groo happily mans the new cannon, examining it and making pewpew noises while mock-firing it at whatever targets are convenient.  He also makes sure it's loaded.

The order of these actions is intentionally left unspecified.
Groo lumbers to the front of the plane and into the forward turret where the cannon is mounted, he ignores the protests of Varion as he calls to Groo from the depths of the ship to make sure the cannon isn't loaded before playing with it, and happily squeezes the trigger while pointing the cannon at some vaguely threatening trees. The second the hammer hits the shell then suddenly a horrible screeching noises begins rining through everyone's earphones and Groo showing a surprising amount of sense stumbles away from the cannon as it suddenly begins to vibrate like one of the products at Varions favorite shop. with an inhuman screeching the daemon that seems to have been residing in the cannon twists the metal of the cannon and the interior of the nose turret it into an avatar for itself. Groo backs up while this it's doing this and manages to retreat to the pilots compartment just as Nikoli finishes explaining to Thadeus the finer points of the shroom covered cockpit.

Help Nikolai with flying the plane.

After stealing Mr. Dead Twin's parachute, giving him a good eulogy, indirectly blaming everyone else and dumping the body.

You dump your dead brother out of floor hatch in the back, [charisma 4] "and now I send my brother's body into the great unknown world of the land much as his soul goes into the great unknown world of the afterlife, and now after his unfortunate and enterilly preventable death, I shall walk this path alone."
everyone agrees it's a pretty good speech including Groo, who claps his hands in wonder at all of the big words like "body".

You then go and receive a crash course on shroom interpretation from Nikolai.

Stick to the cargo hold going over the stuff we have, Try to keep grue from actualy firing the gun.
((guess who got wifi for the night, thanks to someone's unprotected wifi))
You wander into the living quarters and stare in wonder at the massive quantities of shroom growing everywhere in the living quarters you turn to go and stop Groo but only make it to the pilots quarters before there is a earsplitting shriek and Groo stubmles back into the pilots quarters muttering about doing a bad thing.

Sit quietly and wait for the screaming to start.
You sit in the living quarters and then when you hear the earsplitting screech run into the [dex 5] pilot area with your knives drawn and an animalistic snarl on your lips. you know that screech means daemons are about.

Keep her steady, keep flying to our destination. Show my new copilot which button does what, so he doesn't have to figure it out by himself.

"Hello mister living Thaddius. What brings you to the cockpit?"
You keep the plane flying steadily when as your explaing what it means when the shrooms move a certain way to Thaddius you hear a loud screech and the front of the plane seems to wrap inwards part of the and about half the crew runs into the piloting area. You've either  drank way to much or something very bad is happening.

Go take inventory of what is in my medical kit and daemon kit. Not so much noting quantity as much as noting what different types of things I have.
You have the equivalent of a officers medical kit in the medical kit. The daemon kit has number of tuning forks for various pitches and a simplistic and light(for 1940) radio equipment. It also includes a small kit of paint and paintbrushes because the GM occasionally forgets to mention certain basic things.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 09:24:58 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 17, 2016, 08:32:06 pm »

"AHHHWHATTHEHELLDIDYOUJUSTDO!?!"

Shotgun it till its dead. Unless our resident daemon experts want to do something about it. Shotgun anything/anyone the daemon forcibly inhabits, if shit goes catastrophically sideways.

After this crisis is taken care of, track down my twins hand to properly respect him and bury it, see if the resident chef will make me a handburger.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:53:21 pm by renegadelobster »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 128