Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 180060 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston: Mission 1: The Idiot Express.
« Reply #330 on: June 25, 2016, 12:13:17 am »

"AAAAAHHHH!!!!!"

Moar shotgun tiem!!! Work that pump and unload into the beasties.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 25, 2016, 12:56:50 am »

(Bah, it's fine. Next char I'm just doing a sniper and staying as far away as I can from anyone else)
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 25, 2016, 05:55:46 pm »

Double-mobius-piledrive five knives into it's skull.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 26, 2016, 01:00:49 am »

((Groo doesn't have an assault rifle.  Also, wow, this game is lethal, though I don't think any death hasn't been avoidable.  Except Groo's.))

How nice of the cute little hampster, putting its head where it can easily be shot!  Reload and shoot it in the head.
[beast strength 5] [Groo resilience 3] The beast thrashes it's head around slamming Groo into the bulkheads of the catalina however it only manages to further open the wound causing more bleeding [resilience 5] Groo just endures the pain without so much as a grunt. [dex 3] Groo manages to fumble his second mag out of his bandolier but he can't quite fit it into his gun angered by this he goes for the old fashioned bash it's brains out [strength 6] [beast 1 resilience 4] With a roar of anger Groo reverse his rifle into one hand and holding it like a club brings it down in one mighty stroke on the beasts head managing to stun it through it's thick skull but also cracking his rifle's butt in the process
[Beast 1 is stunned it receives a -1 penalty to all rolls] [Well now it's dead so that's even more of penalty to it's rolls]
[beast 2 marksmanship 6]  [beast resliance 5] the beast launches the bone spike and it puts more force than is useful for it threatening to collapse it's ballon like interior, somehow the membrane holds and the beast is fine. [Groo resiliance 5] The bone spike is also launched into Groo's chest it breaks a couple of ribs when it clips it but that's better than puncturing a lung [resilience 5] Groo doesn't really notice all that much.
((Aww, dang it. Guess that was the end of my good rolls. Sorry Spazyak, I tried. Hey MJ, did I get my daemonism kit back? Gonna be hard to do my stuff if I didn't.))

Paint myself up with the image of the strongest, most fearsome beast I can. Like a Dragon or something. Then imbue a daemon into the paint.
((uhh, you sure you want to attempt this without the heavy daemon kit? Because without that it converts the roll from having direct bonus to an indirect bonus with only a +2 to it.))
Just say whether or not and I will edit in the response.

Alright then daemonism [1+3=4] You paint a smoldering iron onto your hand it's small but should do the job for smaller wounds. You feel slightly tired but it passes after a moment.

"AAAAAHHHH!!!!!"

Moar shotgun tiem!!! Work that pump and unload into the beasties.
[marksmanship 5] You realize the use of the shotguns unusual pump action and start pumping while holding down the trigger. You discharge your entire tube expect for one shot into the beast 1 [ beast one resilience 1] The beasts chest collapses having been weakened by the rifle fire and shotguns shell and it collapses as it heart fails and organs rupture. Good job. [Beast marksmanship 5] It launches a spike directly into you chest through the bulkhead [resilience 2] You suddenly can't breath well. [Resilience 3] You manage to choke out medic

Double-mobius-piledrive five knives into it's skull.
[dex 4] [beast 1 dex 5] It moves it's skull out of the way before you can punch it. Then it's chest explodes from Thaddidius shotgunning.
[Beast 2 marksmanship 1] It's bone spike launcher has a mustle spasm and it impacts the beast's one's Adre fighting head causing it to slump forward before it can do anything to Adre. [That was nice of it]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 01:02:19 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 26, 2016, 01:05:55 am »

Kill! Kill!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 26, 2016, 01:51:27 am »

((Which part? The painting or the imbuing? Either way, I want to at least have my kit back.))

Edited previous action:
Just get my daemonism kit. Paint a heated cauterizing rod on my hand and imbue a daemon into it. If I need the heavy kit for that too, then just be ready to start treating any of our crewmembers who get wounded, starting with the most grievous injuries.

Present action:
Treat Thad. Give him morphine first, and have a cauterizing rod heated, whether the one I painted or one that I had to get someone to heat. Have plasma bags ready. Then remove the spike, cauterize the wound, bandage it, and give plasma as necessary.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 26, 2016, 02:15:30 am »

fix my own thumb.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 26, 2016, 11:50:51 am »

"...medic?"

Medic? Get away from the beast, find some place somewhat safe for a medic to work on me. If able to, reload the shotgun. Otherwise let the medic do their job.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 27, 2016, 12:20:03 am »

Kill! Kill!
[dex 3] Howling in ecstasy you throw one of your knives at the beast…It narrowly misses. Then you get covered in gore and you howl even louder.

((Which part? The painting or the imbuing? Either way, I want to at least have my kit back.))

Edited previous action:
Just get my daemonism kit. Paint a heated cauterizing rod on my hand and imbue a daemon into it. If I need the heavy kit for that too, then just be ready to start treating any of our crewmembers who get wounded, starting with the most grievous injuries.

Present action:
Treat Thad. Give him morphine first, and have a cauterizing rod heated, whether the one I painted or one that I had to get someone to heat. Have plasma bags ready. Then remove the spike, cauterize the wound, bandage it, and give plasma as necessary.

[doctor 2] You stare at Thaddius with blank incompreshsion what did he say? Something to do with the letter "m" Monkey perhaps? You arn't really sure how a monkey is supposed to help the knife in his chest nevertheless you diligently scour the mushroom forest/creq quarters for a monkey. There are many strange things in there but you don't see a monkey. Damn

fix my own thumb.
[doctor 6] You bind your thumb with a splint while your at it you also bind the rest of your fingers…wait.
wounds[ broken thumb=fixed though the rest of your fingers are also bond up to making ti rather hard to use that hand] ((Just get anything above a three and it'll get fixed.))
"...medic?"

Medic? Get away from the beast, find some place somewhat safe for a medic to work on me. If able to, reload the shotgun. Otherwise let the medic do their job.
[Resilience 2] "Fuck, I my twin dies and now I have a bone spike could this day get any worse?", you think as the knife in your chest stabs into you as you struggle to breath. ((An oxygen mask would do you good. So would fixing your lung but that's a bit beyond the abilities of the light medical kits.)) [-2 to actions next turns actions.] you do manage to crawl back to the door but thats mostly because the beast is a bit conered with the fire Groo is laying down.
[Wounds: bone spike in chest fair amount of bleeding, trouble breathing currently unknown exactly whats wrong will have to pass resilience rolls to ignore the pain as well as being able to breathe oxygen mask will give +2 to the resilience for the breathing.]

Finish reloading the rifle, then finish murdering the last beast, via headshot.
Finish reloading the rifle, then finish murdering the last beast, via headshot.
You reload the rifle and point it towards the beast Marksmanship you empty half your clip into the beast beast 2 [-1 small target] [marksmanship 5] Groo places a single shot into the beasts center of mass since it seems to lack all cephalization what's so ever. [resilience 1] The ballon like beast explodes from within showering Adre with gore and generally making a mess.

[Everyone] THE PLANE IS STILL MOVING TOWARDS THE EARTH…you might want to try to clip onto  line and crawl out there to fix the engine otherwise well you guys have about three more turns before parachuting becomes likely to kill you. Crash landing is an option though, you'll have to get lucky with a clearing but it is always an option.

23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 27, 2016, 12:37:39 am »

"*cough cough*...is it...me...or is...the...plane tilting?...*cough cough...wheeze*"

Give the medic the bird. Explain to them I don't want to meet my brother again so soon. I would really appreciate it if they could keep me from dying.

Also, ask loudly why the plane is tilting.

If I am able after getting doctored on, go and take over flying for Nikolai.

((EDIT: Heh. Fine, fine, I'll be nice))
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 05:50:47 pm by renegadelobster »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 27, 2016, 01:19:38 am »

Keep trying to help Thad in the previously mentioned manner or by getting him an oxygen mask. But if he flips me off or is rude, don't give him morphine before any painful treatments.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 27, 2016, 10:36:59 am »

Groo wanders back to Varion, and politely asks his corpse to bandage him up.

Also, if I'm understanding the turn correctly, Groo has three magazines--one empty, one with three shots, and one with a full eight.  He'll reload the empty one with four shots from the full one, and leave the three-round mag in his gun.

BAIL OUT BAIL OUT BAIL OUT

WHILE WEARING A PARACHUTE

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 27, 2016, 10:50:20 am »

"Blin, guys, we are still losing speed and altitude! We need to get engines fixed, or we are going down!"

Is there some kind of autopilot here? If yes, put it on and go try to fix the engines, making sure to clip onto a line so as to not fall out of the plane.

If not, keep flying it as best I can.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 27, 2016, 10:51:08 am »

Go EVA and fix those engines with my great -1 Engineering skill!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 128