Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 180012 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Just so I can spawn in, the sheet for Damiun will be the same as Damiin, with gold eyes. I would have posted it, but I've been travelling.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile

((Here's my sheet again, given you haven't put in in the OP yet.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

the lone remaining sniper so upset by the death of his brother suddenly suffers a sudden heart attack, and drops dead.

A sound effect plays but you're just guessing that's just your latent schizophrenia finally manifesting itself

Coming back the agents are pleased with the head of splint, though the speaking spook looks saddened briefly when you mention that Groo died.

((I think the changing of the system might render those sheets invalid.  Primarily through the removal of -3 stats.))
aww, it was going to be a surprise.

Right so I've noticed that the missions for MP have had a ludicrously high fatality rate with about one survivor per mission, this was a little higher than I intended and I'm beginning to think it might be because the system that I'm using right now is rather fail happy, this would be fine if the players had other advantages over their enemies such as increased durability or temp death or better weapons than the ones the enemies get, but unfortunately the world of MP has none of these things available to the early players. Therefore I was thinking of using PW's system the one that he used for ER for everything except Daemonsim and beast mastery.

All characters that survived will be allowed to restat of course.

when I say That we re using ER's system however I'm just talking about the general idea that instead of directly affecting the chances of an outcome the levels instead affect how the rolls are interpreted, the higher the better. the level up system and charen system will still remain the same.

If this also doesn't fix it or you don't think I interpret the rolls consistently do please let me now.

Also strength is now also the thing that controls how good you are at melee weapons dex is now useful for throwing things and dodging.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 06:17:47 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston 2.0: Hopefully with a slightly lower fatality rate this time.
« Reply #619 on: August 03, 2016, 10:30:05 pm »

((Wait, are we using the same leveling system?  I recommend against that; ER's leveling system was good for ER, because when it was implemented there were tons of people with lots of spare levels, and all the newbies were grunts.  It's slow progression, and limits specialization and skill for newbies--neither of which are good traits for an entirely newbie team, IMO.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 03, 2016, 10:41:28 pm »

Whoops let me try to make the post a little clearer.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 03, 2016, 11:09:02 pm »

I'll post char sheet tomorrow
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 04, 2016, 05:38:24 pm »

I am not sorry.

Spoiler: GROOVY TREE! (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 04, 2016, 06:46:52 pm »

((No mention of the death of his good friend? D:))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 04, 2016, 07:20:29 pm »

Spoiler:  MEDIC-K (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 06:50:05 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 04, 2016, 08:09:46 pm »

Ugh, fine.

Changelog: even worse of a pilot, no longer a medic because screw you guys.

MJ, tell me if 4 Tokens is alright for a .45 revolver. Also, tell me what kinds of beasts I could get for >6 Tokens, and how much it would cost to rent a workshop with the equivalent to a beast kit.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 10:47:00 pm by Egan_BW »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 04, 2016, 09:43:26 pm »

((Darn rule change. Screw it, I'm going Full Metal Daemonist. Could I get a daemon arm and daemon leg unimbued for 10 tokens each?))

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 04, 2016, 10:10:15 pm »

((Sorry if I won't have a character sheet up, got a really bad middle ear infection. I can't hear anything and my balance has gone to shit))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 04, 2016, 10:27:00 pm »

((@Dustan
Your stats are fine, but you skills have one too many negative levels (you only need six negative levels for two +2s, you have seven), and I'm fairly certain you can't put stats down to -3.  I'm not completely sure because daemonism and beast mastery use a different system from the other stats, but I imagine they're locked to -2 minimum like everything else.

If you keep piloting at -1, put engineering down to -1, and leave daemonism and beast mastery at -2, you can start with your two primary skills at +2 without any long term inefficiency.))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 04, 2016, 10:38:08 pm »

((@Dustan
Your stats are fine, but you skills have one too many negative levels (you only need six negative levels for two +2s, you have seven), and I'm fairly certain you can't put stats down to -3.  I'm not completely sure because daemonism and beast mastery use a different system from the other stats, but I imagine they're locked to -2 minimum like everything else.

If you keep piloting at -1, put engineering down to -1, and leave daemonism and beast mastery at -2, you can start with your two primary skills at +2 without any long term inefficiency.))
(One, you are not the GM. Two, the skill/stat cap is stated to be -3 to+4 in OP. Three, I still need to know how much my dart gun will run me before I solidify my build.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 128