Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 179191 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston 2.0:Mission 3: Investigative Daemonism
« Reply #840 on: August 31, 2016, 10:37:32 pm »

So I'm really sorry about this, but I do not have enough time today to start the mission or do a turn. Things should be back to normal by tommorow. Sorry.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 01, 2016, 03:16:30 pm »

Take as long as you need, we can wait.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 01, 2016, 09:43:36 pm »

Hey, you've been pretty reliable for awhile.  Everyone needs breaks now and then, plus it's nigh impossible to update every day so consistently for a long time.  Even PW missed some updates.  And most Heph updates. >:(

Take as long as you need, we can wait.
Your too kind so have an update. One where I'm not writing it at 11 PM and barely conscious. Hurrah.

Completely miss briefing, keep sleeping on the way there.
You slumber through the increasingly loud yelling of the speaking spook to wake. Barelly stirring when in desperation he starts firing his pistols into the ceiling. Eventually the spook gives up and motions for Groo to carry you into the plane. You awaken suddenly as a gruff man unceremoniously shoves you out of plane with Groo coming right after you. You watch as Groo suddenly appears along side you his eyes squeezed shut as he focuses on the herculean task of counting to three. ONE…….TWO……he pauses momentarily as he seems to summon some deep reserve of strength. THREE! he happily exclaims as he pulls the rip cord and is seemingly yanked up wards. You yourself pull your rip cord as well, wincing as the parachutes straps pull against your bruised ribs.
Groo ready!
Mcfuckyou ready.
I'm just gonna assume Damian is ready.

The plane you are in is a C-47 Skytrain You all vibrate slightly from the shudders of the poo engines and listen to the scream of the engines. Your gear's clink together from the straps attached to your parachute as you all stare at the glowing red light. Seeing that you are over your target the pilots flip a switch and and the light switches to green as an inspirational song comes over the speaker.  The sergeant stands up and opens the door, you all slightly wince as the icy wind cuts into your exposed face. One by one each member jumps out of the door their silk canopies opening far below.  Finally Rufferto securely wrapped and strapped into a blanket is pushed out of the door. His parachute opening automatically from the altimeter strapped to it. You all land on the large platform at the front entrance of the base. Strangely the base seems to be lacking the runway you typically see on these things, must be an older model. The base is a massive partly metal partly floating rock structure. It appears to be partially hidden in clouds as everywhere you look milky white surrounds you. There are to be numerous Zeppelin tethers attached to the rock. Holdovers from an earlier age it seems.  It's laid out so that you all landed on a flat metal outcropping marked with a massive white X on it. Your guessing that it was probably the platform for parachutist and a marker for Fulton systems. At the far end of the outcropping of metal there is the front door of the base it's painted in a patriotic American flag. Seems that the scientists had a lot of time on their hands.

Groo frees Rufferto from his blanket imprisonment and he seems a bit skittish.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 01, 2016, 09:57:47 pm »

"Ok, awake now."

Kick the goddamn door down and shoot the things!
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 01, 2016, 10:19:55 pm »

Move about the area in a circle searching for signs of violence before taking up place beside the door.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 01, 2016, 11:41:43 pm »

Check for signs of daemonic activity cautiously, preferably with the assistance of my daemonism. Let the others take care of any physical confrontations so I can save my energy, but defend myself and fight back with daemon limbs or that book knife as a last resort if threatened.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 03, 2016, 12:45:16 am »

"Ok, awake now."

Kick the goddamn door down and shoot the things!
With a cry you slam into the door [str 1] you do nothing but end up further bruising you side. Somewhat sheepishly you try the handle, it easily swings open, revaling a darkened room, that you guessing is some form of lobby, from the vague shapes you can see. You don't actually enter the room for now.

Move about the area in a circle searching for signs of violence before taking up place beside the door.
You don't see any signs of violence on the platform your on. Shrugging your shoulders you take up position next to the door were Jhonic is standing.

Groo feeds Rufferto some treats to comfort him, then draws his blade and a pistol, following his allies.  He'll shoot/stab whatever enemies appear, as appropriate.
Groo tosses a bit of viscera to Rufferto which he happily wolfs down. He seems to have calmed down again. Groo also stands right behind Jhonic, peering into the gloom.

Check for signs of daemonic activity cautiously, preferably with the assistance of my daemonism. Let the others take care of any physical confrontations so I can save my energy, but defend myself and fight back with daemon limbs or that book knife as a last resort if threatened.
You decide to send out a small ping to determine if there are any daemons in the area [daemonism 4+4=8] This small ping turns into a massive sonic boom, your equipment flickers with needles in the danger zone as your mind is subjected to the reverberations and answers of many daemons all at once throughout the base. A few are off the charts in size compared to your response. Must be whatever the researchers were working on. [resilience 6] You screw your eyes shut and focus on the compartmentalizing the noises and regaining some control overself. It seems to work pretty well, though you notice you seem to be crying blood right now.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 12:47:33 am by MidnightJaguar »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 03, 2016, 12:55:11 am »

((That's not good!))

Onward! Wield pistol and sword indoors.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 03, 2016, 12:30:27 pm »

bash and rend at the door
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 03, 2016, 01:24:31 pm »

"Keep your eyes open. This place is lousy with daemons, including some really powerful ones."

Wipe the blood away. Follow behind the others, try to recover my energy.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 03, 2016, 06:59:48 pm »

Onward! Wield pistol and sword indoors.

You and Groo walk into the room and try flick the light switch, the lights flicker for a second but eventually turn, illuminating a worrying scene. At one end there are chairs and a single table pilled into a makeshift barricade, on the other side of the door right next to the lights switch there is a man missing half of his head with a pistol in his hand. The man is dressed in a bloodstained US air force officers uniform.

bash and rend at the door
[str 3]You beat at the wide open solid metal door with your gun and do absolutely no damage to it.

"Keep your eyes open. This place is lousy with daemons, including some really powerful ones."

Wipe the blood away. Follow behind the others, try to recover my energy.
You wipe the blood from your eyes onto your jacket sleeve and follow after Groo and Jonhinc. You take it slow trying to recover from that massive back blast. Your feeling pretty damn tired.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 03, 2016, 07:59:41 pm »

Walk in, take his pistol, search his pockets for ids, documents, letters, pictures of loved ones, and keys :-\
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 128