Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 179190 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston 2.0:Mission 3: Weaponized Marley
« Reply #930 on: September 16, 2016, 12:19:32 am »

Back through to the otherside of the door and fire two more shots then go rush for parachute
"WE GOT A DAEMON HERE!"
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 08:40:32 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: September 16, 2016, 01:03:17 am »

"Fuuuuuck."
Welp. Get outside and find some fulton devices.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: September 16, 2016, 07:48:23 pm »

"Well, this is a welcome change from the complete darkness that usually happens when I over do it. A nice place to wait out the time until I inevitably die due to circumstances that I have no control over but probably set into motion. Story of my life." Damian says to nobody in particular as he walks over to one of the empty chairs.

Have a seat. Pour two drinks. Relax. See if anyone else shows up. Offer them a drink.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: September 17, 2016, 11:43:02 pm »

whoops sorry about missing the turn yesterday, got home at like 1:30AM. Didn't really feel up to writing a half decent turn then.

((Must every mission end with us crashing?  We stopped flying planes so this wouldn't happen, but nooo, the entire island needs to crash.  >.>))

Start dragging Darnations out, hopefully with the amazon's assistance.  Were fultons or something dropped with us, or are we just fucked?
[str 1] Man, Damian and his gear is a lot heavier than he looks, Groo makes a staggery half step towards the door before dropping Damian to legs onto the floor again.
((Fultons and parachutes are on the base, they are essentially emergency equipment on non entirely floating rock bases kinda like life boats.))

Back through to the otherside of the door and fire two more shots then go rush for parachute
"WE GOT A DAEMON HERE!"
[marksmanship 2] you fire a single shot into the head of the zombie, though nothing appears to happen. The zombie appears to be pretty damn chill right now. Your not sure how long thats gonna last. [dex 5] You run from the doorway and back towards the door labeled emergency at the end of the hallway opening it you see several rows of parachutes.

"Fuuuuuck."
Welp. Get outside and find some fulton devices.
You walk outside and see a box labelled emergency fulton strapped to the side. It seems to have parachute straps for it.

"Well, this is a welcome change from the complete darkness that usually happens when I over do it. A nice place to wait out the time until I inevitably die due to circumstances that I have no control over but probably set into motion. Story of my life." Damian says to nobody in particular as he walks over to one of the empty chairs.

Have a seat. Pour two drinks. Relax. See if anyone else shows up. Offer them a drink.

You sit down and pour two drinks you are about to take a sip from your glass when the door opens revealing a figure in formal evening wear.
 The daemon is a roughly humanoid creature, it is completely stark red on one side of it's body while the other side is a stark blue, though neither color seems to be the original color of the skin tone, each side seems to be a incredibly dense number of small constantly shifting wave like bands around each half of the daemons body at least the parts you can see. After a moment, the figure standing stalk still, the air thrumming from sound the mesh parts around the face revealing the features of young man with grey skin.  His face is that of an young man though his veins are worryingly visible and his expression is pained. He speaks. Ah good you already poured, terribly sorry about the wait. I was briefly indisposed. As he says this a crack seems to form around his scalp, the daemon stops and seems to concentrate, the crack vanishes again. Wincing, the daemon sits down and picks up his glass. Now, what exactly was I infected with?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 12:20:21 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: September 18, 2016, 08:41:59 am »

Grab a parachute and go outside putting it on.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: September 18, 2016, 12:51:55 pm »

((Heh, I saw that edit, MJ.))

"I'm not too certain, but judging from the information and memories I acquired earlier, it seems to be a sound-based disease generated by an at least partially sentient weapon. It seemed to kill many daemons. I don't know how it works, exactly, but I would hypothesize it's bonding to the metal in me, specifically in my blood, to resonate throughout my body. Its intent seems to be to kill daemons, but judging from the behavior of the beings we encountered, I'd guess it killed the host with daemonic augments and drove the daemons insane as they possessed the husk. The frequency I used on us should have slowed down the disease, but I'd need time to develop an actual cure if I can't find someone else with the relevant knowledge."

"And if I may, sir, let me apologize. They always taught us that daemons were mindless creatures, like animals, aside from the very large ones that showed sentience. The memories have proven this wrong. I am truly sorry for binding you and taking you away from your life. If we survive whatever catastrophe is sure to occur with my luck, I'll spread this knowledge to others so that hopefully such infringements on the freedom of a sentient species may stop, and I'll try to help you in any way I can, to make your stay here more comfortable if I cannot find a way to safely send you back. Perhaps there might even be a way for our species to work together, to the benefit of both, if your species ever forgives us. But if I do die at some point in the near future, I want you to know that I am sincerely sorry."

"How rude of me to forget introductions, though. My name is Daemian McWehrnecigul."

Talky stuff, hopefully without CHA roll. Offer a handshake after the introduction if the daemon accepts.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 01:11:34 pm by Beirus »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: September 18, 2016, 01:08:37 pm »

Follow the instructions on the fulton device.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: September 18, 2016, 02:32:22 pm »

whoops sorry about missing the turn yesterday, got home at like 1:30AM. Didn't really feel up to writing a half decent turn then.

((Must every mission end with us crashing?  We stopped flying planes so this wouldn't happen, but nooo, the entire island needs to crash.  >.>))

Start dragging Darnations out, hopefully with the amazon's assistance.  Were fultons or something dropped with us, or are we just fucked?
[str 1] Man, Damian and his gear is a lot heavier than he looks, Groo makes a staggery half step towards the door before dropping Damian to legs onto the floor again.
((Fultons and parachutes are on the base, they are essentially emergency equipment on non entirely floating rock bases kinda like life boats.))
Yeah, I think I explained this poorly.For fultons to work you need to radio somebody an SOS. You also have hot air balloons if your feeling desperate.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: September 18, 2016, 09:46:12 pm »

Grab a parachute and go outside putting it on.
[dex 5] you grab a parachute and walk outside as you clip it on.

((Since MJ isn't counting down for us: we have four more turns to get parachutes or brace.))

Keep dragging the guy with the expensive and shiny limbs outside!
[str 4] Groo mutters under his breath as he manages to drag Damian to the front office.

Follow the instructions on the fulton device.
You look over the instructions on the device, it has a picture of a person talking into a radio with and under it says, send out an SOS to contact planes for pickup.

((Heh, I saw that edit, MJ.))

"I'm not too certain, but judging from the information and memories I acquired earlier, it seems to be a sound-based disease generated by an at least partially sentient weapon. It seemed to kill many daemons. I don't know how it works, exactly, but I would hypothesize it's bonding to the metal in me, specifically in my blood, to resonate throughout my body. Its intent seems to be to kill daemons, but judging from the behavior of the beings we encountered, I'd guess it killed the host with daemonic augments and drove the daemons insane as they possessed the husk. The frequency I used on us should have slowed down the disease, but I'd need time to develop an actual cure if I can't find someone else with the relevant knowledge."

"And if I may, sir, let me apologize. They always taught us that daemons were mindless creatures, like animals, aside from the very large ones that showed sentience. The memories have proven this wrong. I am truly sorry for binding you and taking you away from your life. If we survive whatever catastrophe is sure to occur with my luck, I'll spread this knowledge to others so that hopefully such infringements on the freedom of a sentient species may stop, and I'll try to help you in any way I can, to make your stay here more comfortable if I cannot find a way to safely send you back. Perhaps there might even be a way for our species to work together, to the benefit of both, if your species ever forgives us. But if I do die at some point in the near future, I want you to know that I am sincerely sorry."

"How rude of me to forget introductions, though. My name is Daemian McWehrnecigul."

Talky stuff, hopefully without CHA roll. Offer a handshake after the introduction if the daemon accepts.
[charisma 4] Before launching into your speech, you decide to take a quick hit from your special stash to calm your nerves, this makes your speech a little slurred and you aren't quite sure he got everything. The
/?
So what your saying, Mr McWerenghul, is that I am slowly dying of a a weapon. That you infected me with? And somewhere in that mass of slurring and revelry you apologized for binding me to a set of limbs?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: September 18, 2016, 09:54:36 pm »

Well fucking radio a plane, then. Exactly how we were supposed to get out of here originally.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: September 18, 2016, 11:24:54 pm »

http://Wait for orders, maybe go see if any lootables, precious lootables, are nearby[/bb]
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 05:38:45 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: September 19, 2016, 12:23:51 am »

((That's certainly an interesting use of bbcode tags.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: September 19, 2016, 01:01:20 am »

"The weapon infected us. Or mostly me, I guess. It'll be easier if I show you. This is where it happened, and the aftermath."

Show the daemon the memory from the weapon and the aftermath of the infection to the point where I lost consciousness. Include the processing of the memories acquired from the weapon and daemons, and the emotions that came with processing that information. Like the remorse. Don't try to make the daemon actually feel any of the emotions in those memories, though. Just show the information, don't try to force any decision on him.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 128