Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 180092 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston 2.0:Mission 3: Weaponized Marley
« Reply #945 on: September 19, 2016, 05:39:56 am »

((That's certainly an interesting use of bbcode tags.))
((oh hell, I did that last night while extremely tired, must've his img instead of bold.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: September 19, 2016, 08:57:37 pm »

Well fucking radio a plane, then. Exactly how we were supposed to get out of here originally.
[dex 1] You take off spiriting towards radio room, except you end up in the kitchen, your not entirely sure how you did that.

((Three turns.))

Take one of the parachutes and clip it on.  The do the same for Rufferto.  And then for Daeninny.  And then drag Daemingy outside.

Groo grabs the three parachutes clipping one onto himself, the second onto Rufferto and the third onto the softly muttering form of damian. [str 4] Groo drags Damian the rest of the way outside.

http://Wait for orders, maybe go see if any lootables, precious lootables, are nearby[/bb]
You stand around outside, your not seeing much in the way of valuables, theres a hot ir balloon in a crate, a fulton system, and a Groo and company, but your pretty sure that you can't steal them.

"The weapon infected us. Or mostly me, I guess. It'll be easier if I show you. This is where it happened, and the aftermath."

Show the daemon the memory from the weapon and the aftermath of the infection to the point where I lost consciousness. Include the processing of the memories acquired from the weapon and daemons, and the emotions that came with processing that information. Like the remorse. Don't try to make the daemon actually feel any of the emotions in those memories, though. Just show the information, don't try to force any decision on him.
You give a brief description of what you experienced, detailing the memories you ripped from the daemon infused brick, as well as as the emotions you felt once you processed the information, though you arn't quite sure if he believed the remorse part. The daemon, stares at you for a long moment, the cracks on his face becoming deeper and deeper, before he speaks in a low and slow voice.Leave my company, I need a moment to gather my wits.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 19, 2016, 09:06:57 pm »

Uhhh... grab a parachute, get outside.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 19, 2016, 10:29:28 pm »

Does jumping off the edge of the island next turn have any penalty compared to jumping this turn?  Like, if there's a lot of intervening ground that needs to be crossed?

If so, does Rufferto's parachute have an altimeter-device thingamajigger to make it auto open, like last time?  I'm guess not, 'cause Groo, but might as well ask.  If not, Groo will clip Rufferto onto himself and then jump.  If so--or if Groo thinks so--Groo will toss the doggy off the island and then jump after him.  Oh, and throw Derminated off with Rufferto if these are the auto-opening sort.

If there's no penalty to jumping next turn, open the hot air balloon crate.  With the katana, if necessary.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 20, 2016, 12:33:38 pm »

Well if your leaving via hot air balloon next turn then it will take longer to get out of beast range. so is everyone taking the hot air balloon and floating home? Or are people doing different plans?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: September 20, 2016, 12:52:20 pm »

"Take all the time you need. If there'should anything you need, or memories you want to see, just let me know."

Give the daemon some space.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 20, 2016, 02:00:47 pm »

steal groo
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 20, 2016, 10:09:34 pm »

Uhhh... grab a parachute, get outside.
[dex 4] completely befuddled You jog back to the parachutist pad.

Does jumping off the edge of the island next turn have any penalty compared to jumping this turn?  Like, if there's a lot of intervening ground that needs to be crossed?

If so, does Rufferto's parachute have an altimeter-device thingamajigger to make it auto open, like last time?  I'm guess not, 'cause Groo, but might as well ask.  If not, Groo will clip Rufferto onto himself and then jump.  If so--or if Groo thinks so--Groo will toss the doggy off the island and then jump after him.  Oh, and throw Derminated off with Rufferto if these are the auto-opening sort.

If there's no penalty to jumping next turn, open the hot air balloon crate.  With the katana, if necessary.
Well if your leaving via hot air balloon next turn then it will take longer to get out of beast range

Does that count as a penalty? If so just tell me and I'll edit it in.

"Take all the time you need. If there'should anything you need, or memories you want to see, just let me know."

Give the daemon some space.
You respectfully retreat from the sitting room, and go out the door nearest to, you, emerging into a breakfast room in charming blue and white.

steal groo
steal groo

If this means anything like "harm Groo": Shotgun Magpie.
[dex 3] [Groo marksmanship  5]  [Adrian resilience 4] You charge Groo screaming, I'M JUST GOING TO STEAL YOU AWAY!  Groo showing the instincts of a big game hunter, snatches his shotgun from the rig on his chest and quickly takes aim, he fires, the buckshot slamming into Adrians stomach, putting 8 holes into him, and knocking him down He screams quite loudly.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 10:28:01 pm by MidnightJaguar »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 20, 2016, 10:13:34 pm »

Craw away, try not to die and patch self up. Weap that I failed to steal Groo's heart...and that I am shot.
Override:  shoot anyone who isn't a doctor and tries to to touch me, ignore above,
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 07:56:04 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 20, 2016, 11:10:47 pm »

((One turn.))

Nope, that's fine.  I just wanted to know in case I was missing something like "The edge is a hundred meters from where you are, so you'll have to pass a dex roll to get there/drag Daemniart there"--I've been assuming the edge of the island is close enough to jump off without a roll of some sort.  Since that assumption is apparently correct:

Does Rufferto's parachute have an altimeter-device thingamajigger to make it auto open, like last time?  I'm guess not, 'cause Groo, but might as well ask.  If not, Groo will clip Rufferto onto himself and then jump.  If so--or if Groo thinks so--Groo will toss the doggy off the island and then jump after him.  Oh, and throw Derminated off with Rufferto if these are the auto-opening sort.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 21, 2016, 08:14:52 am »

((One turn.))

Nope, that's fine.  I just wanted to know in case I was missing something like "The edge is a hundred meters from where you are, so you'll have to pass a dex roll to get there/drag Daemniart there"--I've been assuming the edge of the island is close enough to jump off without a roll of some sort.  Since that assumption is apparently correct:

Does Rufferto's parachute have an altimeter-device thingamajigger to make it auto open, like last time?  I'm guess not, 'cause Groo, but might as well ask.  If not, Groo will clip Rufferto onto himself and then jump.  If so--or if Groo thinks so--Groo will toss the doggy off the island and then jump after him.  Oh, and throw Derminated off with Rufferto if these are the auto-opening sort.

Nah it would be pretty hard for even Groo to miss the altimeter device they're fairly bulky and obvious devices.... Though him turning it on would be another matter. But these parachutes are just your standered run of the mill parachutes. They don't have the altimeter stuff on them. Thus,

Groo showing supposing foresight clips Rufferto into his chest and then takes a running leap off the platform leaving Damian on the ground next to him. Deploying his parachute as soon as he's clear of the platform, as he gently drifts to the ground with a somewhat frightened Rufferto he thinks that this situation seems quite framiliar for some reason.

((This did not count as the next turn))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 21, 2016, 11:42:25 am »

((Welp, there goes my ride. Would someone please be kind enough to jump off with daemian and open his chute for him?))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 21, 2016, 04:19:51 pm »

Do I have a parachute? I don't think I do, so I'll grab demdommdom and jump off the edge with him, using his parachute to slow both our falls. I'll just be sure to maintain a death grip on him while I pull the cord.
That's how that works, right?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 05:01:36 pm by Egan_BW »
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 21, 2016, 04:38:39 pm »

((Thanks, Egan.))

Just keep waiting on the daemon. Look around the breakfast room.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 128