Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 179204 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston 2.0:Mission 3: Weaponized Marley
« Reply #990 on: September 29, 2016, 09:52:34 pm »

Really really sorry about this, but theres not going to be a turn tonight. Papers and tests due tomorrow and having to get up early tomorrow the perfect trifecta for making midnight jaguar become to busy to do a turn today……Really sorry guys. this weekend might be a touch dicy, so expect slightly shorter and possibly less coherent turns. Again, I'm super sorry, just don't have time today.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 29, 2016, 10:40:16 pm »

((Good luck with your papers and tests.))

"You probably won't like the answer. Part of learning to be a daemonist was that we had to learn to use the types of weapons that are usually imbued. Broadswords, longswords, maces, flails, those kinds of things. We also had to learn to play instruments to study resonance. I learned violin, piano, and trombone. My dad taught me the rules of dueling. I have a lot of brothers who wanted to be daemonists, and our dad taught us the rules so we didn't kill each other while practicing. You can check my memories of you want to verify any of it."

More talking. Just facts, not trying to sway the daemon.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: September 30, 2016, 03:04:14 pm »

Fire at grue if he attacks, otherwise try and get past him. To the outside
You walk carefully past the heavily armed man with a horribly mangled face and a steel plate screwed into the back of skull. You walk outside and stare down the paracpice that Groo clambered up to.

Groo stands there staring at the man, clearly confused "...Where is Tovarish?  Groo come to save Tovarish..."

If the man shoots, block as many pellets as possible with the katana while diving out of the way, and then quickdraw one of the revolvers and headshot the guy.  If he aggressively charges into melee in a hostile way, decapitate him, but if he just wants to leave, that's fine.

If instead he acts sanely and doesn't do anything aggressive to the heavily armed beastman, ask him about Tovarish and search the room if he's okay with it.

You ask about Tovarish but the man doesn't respond instead he walks out side the corridor and stare out towards the forest that the island crashed into. Groo looks around the room. There's not a lot there that hasn't been hapharzlly piled into a barricade on either side of the room. Groo hear a distant thump from the other side of the barricade at the far end of the room.

((Good luck with your papers and tests.))

"You probably won't like the answer. Part of learning to be a daemonist was that we had to learn to use the types of weapons that are usually imbued. Broadswords, longswords, maces, flails, those kinds of things. We also had to learn to play instruments to study resonance. I learned violin, piano, and trombone. My dad taught me the rules of dueling. I have a lot of brothers who wanted to be daemonists, and our dad taught us the rules so we didn't kill each other while practicing. You can check my memories of you want to verify any of it."

More talking. Just facts, not trying to sway the daemon.
((Thanks dude. The tests went really well actually.))
The daemons eyes once again narrow into slits and cracks begin to appear on his face his gloved hands  begin to have blue and red light shining through. Your assumption is correct, I don't like that answer that you were trained in the fine art of dueling for such a crude purpose as better utilizing me. What happened to your sibilings?

« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 03:09:51 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: September 30, 2016, 03:13:45 pm »

Return to room, slowly, keep shot gun at ready incase the weird man tries anything. Attempt to salvage what ever I can into a nice neat pile. DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING AGAINST THE BACK WALL
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: September 30, 2016, 05:11:08 pm »

"We were trained to duel to preserve our safety, not to better use daemons. We could have learned how to use the weapons without it, and probably had more than a few fatalities. Not that it matters much now. Five of my brothers are dead. Within the past week, actually. From what the letters told us, the first one fell out of a plane. The second one angered a daemon inhabiting a plane. The third got shot trying to calm the daemon down. The fourth died on a mission, taking out many enemies of our country before his weapon perforated him in the chaos. And the last one, I saw what was left of him. He overtaxed himself, spending too much energy to imbue daemons into his arm and leg. They possessed him and killed him. I saw his possessed husk, fighting two people trying to stop it. The others should still be alive. But I've lost too many brothers to a practice I found out was not what we thought. There is nothing worth enough to justify enslaving other beings that can think and feel. Their lives were wasted committing crimes against your people, and I am sorry."

Talky stuff. Then sad Damian is quiet, remorseful. But still not trying to influence the daemon, just sad at the actions of his brothers. Let one manly tear slide down his cheek.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 02, 2016, 12:07:10 am »

Return to room, slowly, keep shot gun at ready incase the weird man tries anything. Attempt to salvage what ever I can into a nice neat pile. DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING AGAINST THE BACK WALL
Well theres some empty bed frames and general bedroom accouterments, sheets and pillows and things like that. Theres also a couple dozen foot lockers. Most of the foot lockers are pilled against the back wall.

Aww.  Head back out, and look for any corpses still lying around on the surface.  Failing that, look for a hot air balloon crate.
Groo walks out to the peripice ignoring the sounds. He sees a trail of blood leaking out of some structure above him, and [perception 5] See a distant figure of some fabric drapped across the tree. Next to the peripice he sees a a stray human arm. Presumably it's owner is somewhere in the mass of twisted metal that is the bowels of the base now.

"We were trained to duel to preserve our safety, not to better use daemons. We could have learned how to use the weapons without it, and probably had more than a few fatalities. Not that it matters much now. Five of my brothers are dead. Within the past week, actually. From what the letters told us, the first one fell out of a plane. The second one angered a daemon inhabiting a plane. The third got shot trying to calm the daemon down. The fourth died on a mission, taking out many enemies of our country before his weapon perforated him in the chaos. And the last one, I saw what was left of him. He overtaxed himself, spending too much energy to imbue daemons into his arm and leg. They possessed him and killed him. I saw his possessed husk, fighting two people trying to stop it. The others should still be alive. But I've lost too many brothers to a practice I found out was not what we thought. There is nothing worth enough to justify enslaving other beings that can think and feel. Their lives were wasted committing crimes against your people, and I am sorry."

Talky stuff. Then sad Damian is quiet, remorseful. But still not trying to influence the daemon, just sad at the actions of his brothers. Let one manly tear slide down his cheek.
[Charisma 1] You burst into tears sobbing pathetically when you get to the part about your brother  falling out of the plane.
((You are literally recounting what would be among the most tragic events of your life and all of it happened less than a week ago. Theres gonna be a char roll with that…..unless you come up with a REALLY good reason why that shouldn't bee the case.))
The daemon disdainfully stares down at you disdain onto his face. Pull yourself together human, have you daemonists cast off all sense of dignity as well as honor?
Alright I suppose that's a good enough reason.

You stare into the distance with a thousand yard stare as you reminisce on fallen brothers. The daemons faces cracks become less noticeable. Hmm, I find myself somehow doubtful that trainging with weapons that you damonists infuse our kind into was not related to learning to utilize us better. but go on, show me your sincerity….summon your thoughts so to speak. haha.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 11:01:51 pm by MidnightJaguar »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 02, 2016, 08:36:37 am »

Grab some blankets and what ever that fabric the groo sees, back out, try to tie the blankets into a rope.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 10:33:03 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 02, 2016, 02:26:07 pm »

((Yo MJ, what about how daemonists in general, and especially Damians, are expected to have short, violent lives? They expected it growing up.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: October 02, 2016, 03:56:27 pm »

((Hmm, wouldn't the shock and sheer tragedy that would arise from the fact that they all died so closely in time to each other still cause some heightened response?))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 02, 2016, 04:49:34 pm »

((He would have been with his family for all those deaths before he showed up, though, so he should have at least been able to get to a more stable place with support, and the knowledge that it was expected. The only one he actually saw dead was Damiun, and that was pretty obviously caused by a known hazard of being a daemonist. He and his brothers have come to accept that they are pretty much daemonist lemmings, likely to die swiftly for the stupidest of reasons. He'd miss them, sure, but he also has 20 or so more brothers that all look almost alike. Besides, some of those brothers he lost were responsible for him losing an arm and a leg. His family doesn't really respond to losing one of their own with sadness, they know there is nothing they can do to change the situation, and there areally still plenty more of them to avenge the dead ones if necessary. It's why they are so willing to throw their lives away. His family is kind of fucked up. That's why they produce so many daemonists.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 03, 2016, 12:43:33 am »

Grab some blankets and what ever that fabric the groo sees, back out, try to tie the blankets into a rope.
[engineering 5] You get the knots tied up with no fuss whatsoever, making  someone payed attention during the knotting course in boy scouts.
((oh yeah, spayz, sorry about not noticing this when you first sent me your sheet, but you kinda got how low the maluses can go wrong, you can only go down to a -2 with the new system, sorry about not pointing that out sooner.))
((Aww, no loot. :( ))

Search for surviving escape equipment, like a hot air balloon, or fulton or something.
[Perception 5] Man RNJesus loves guys tonight.
Groo spots some hotairballoon equipment up above him, it seems to be about two levels up.

((He would have been with his family for all those deaths before he showed up, though, so he should have at least been able to get to a more stable place with support, and the knowledge that it was expected. The only one he actually saw dead was Damiun, and that was pretty obviously caused by a known hazard of being a daemonist. He and his brothers have come to accept that they are pretty much daemonist lemmings, likely to die swiftly for the stupidest of reasons. He'd miss them, sure, but he also has 20 or so more brothers that all look almost alike. Besides, some of those brothers he lost were responsible for him losing an arm and a leg. His family doesn't really respond to losing one of their own with sadness, they know there is nothing they can do to change the situation, and there areally still plenty more of them to avenge the dead ones if necessary. It's why they are so willing to throw their lives away. His family is kind of fucked up. That's why they produce so many daemonists.))

((Wait, what?  There's at least twenty-one brothers who all look alike?  Damn their mother must be tired.  Either that, or their father has a harem and some really dominant genetics.  ::) ))
Syv actually brings up a good point. how does that even work? I mean like in terms of ages and biology….because man that's a  bit hard to wrap my head around….they could be like a couple of sets of quadruplets or something though odds for that happening are low to say the least…..hmm, I'm to tired to figure out how that would work right now..hmm, if possible would you mind explaining this strange family tree please?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 03, 2016, 12:49:50 am »

((They were born in five sets of quintuplets. Each one has a different eye color, and there are slight physical differences between sets.))
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 128