Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 179164 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston 2.0: Mission 6: Nazis, Tunnels, and Horrible Burns.
« Reply #1665 on: March 03, 2017, 08:24:45 pm »

Groo's face twists into a disturbing mockery of a pout. "Ehh?  Drimdramdroom not remember Groo?  But we've been on so many adventures, died a lot, mostly drimnimin, but still!  How could you forget?!" he whines sadly.  After a pause, he suddenly smiles and exclaims "Oh, Groo knows!" and immediately drops a large and heavy dog on top of Daemien's head.

Dropping Rufferto on the daemonist, in hopes of jogging his memory with adorable.  Force him to appreciate the soft cute doggy.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: March 03, 2017, 08:47:06 pm »

Go drag the other back to base
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: March 03, 2017, 10:14:46 pm »

Home! Money!
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: March 04, 2017, 02:29:18 am »

See other part of post

Name: Aigresaur MK2
Description: The world is actually populated by very prolific Aigres. These things are everywhere and in everyone! This version is a Daemonic Beastmaster!

Stats
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 2
Dexterity: -2
Resilience: 1
Perception: 1
Charisma: -2

Skills
Piloting: -2
Marksmanship: -2
Daemonism: 4
Doctor: -2
Beast mastery: 4
Engineering: -2
That's not how skills work dude, to quote from the OP

Going from +0 to +1 costs one point while going from +1 to a +2 costs two more points for a total of 3 points, while moving from a +2 to a +3 costs costs 3 more points for a total of 6 points and moving from +3 to +4 costs 4 points for a total of 10 points, each -1 gives you point and you can decrease a stat or skill to a -2. and you get two points per mission. The highest level is a +4.

((That's not how skills work, Aigre. The only way to start with a 4 is to have -2 in all other skills. The cost for each increase is equal to the level you are trying to reach, if I remember right.))

"Alright. I guess I'll leave you to your own devices. I'll try to come back in a while to see if the daemon has recovered, but for now I think someone is trying to wake me up. I'd rather not have my neck sore if they shake too hard. I'll try to visit again before we leave on a job, to see about getting you your own room."

Wake up. Ask Groo who he is and why he's shaking me.

"Are you Groo? My brother mentioned you. Please stop shaking me."
Well you would say this but Groo just dropped a dog onto and you are currently suffocating on fluff. Gentlly pushing the dog off of you, you are suddenly confronted with the face of Groo, it's a not a pretty face to say the least, there is a gleam of the bare metal plate that composes his forehead horribly dented and bloodstained with the metal beging to have the flesh grow up and around the edges of it, the rest of his face is little better, his nose broken, and missing a number of teeth.  Jezz, your brothers letters did not quite convert the exact details of him.
Groo's face twists into a disturbing mockery of a pout. "Ehh?  Drimdramdroom not remember Groo?  But we've been on so many adventures, died a lot, mostly drimnimin, but still!  How could you forget?!" he whines sadly.  After a pause, he suddenly smiles and exclaims "Oh, Groo knows!" and immediately drops a large and heavy dog on top of Daemien's head.

Dropping Rufferto on the daemonist, in hopes of jogging his memory with adorable.  Force him to appreciate the soft cute doggy.
Groo tosses his dog onto the face of the the dazed daemonist, after he manages to recover from fur induced asphyxiation, Damian just stares at Groo for a while. He seems to recognize you at least.
Go drag the other back to base

Home! Money!

You and the wall jump into the plane and fly to Chicago, dragging your loot with you. The spooks have shown up once agin. Ah, hello gentlemen. Good hunting?

So, I'm gonna be out of town for the weekend and monday, there will be no MP updates during that time.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: March 04, 2017, 08:33:22 am »

Phineous smiles and nods quickly before holding out his hand

Get monies?
  See about selling the dynamite for 2 tokens a stick, the luger for 5 tokens, sell light engineering kit for 10 tokens (keep the saw though),  sell the survival poncho for how ever much I can, sell radio for 5 tokens, that should put me at 48 tokens (more if depending on the poncho) w
Then get paid for the mission and put all tokens into getting endo exoskeleton. Tell me how much I have remaining

Skill upgrades: 5 into piloting, 5 into marksman
Stat uogrades: 5 into dex, 5 into perception.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 09:08:18 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: March 04, 2017, 02:35:08 pm »

+10 Int
+5 Marksmanship
+5 Engineering

Priscilla twitches in just the same way that human arms don't.
"GOLD."
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: March 06, 2017, 09:45:02 pm »

((I find it remarkable that, despite this system specifically using single points rather than multiples of five, people still think it's the latter.))

Groo will put two points in Endurance, two points in Marksmanship.  Yay max skills!  Then he'll go wander off to find the spooks and get money, being bored with the quiet daemonist.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: March 06, 2017, 10:04:42 pm »

((I find it remarkable that, despite this system specifically using single points rather than multiples of five, people still think it's the latter.))

Groo will put two points in Endurance, two points in Marksmanship.  Yay max skills!  Then he'll go wander off to find the spooks and get money, being bored with the quiet daemonist.
I only did it so I could spend 3/5 of a point into working torwards piloting, honestly a dumb thing as I could have waited...infact I should have 2 points somewhere else...ah well
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: March 06, 2017, 10:12:32 pm »

Daemien waits until Groo has left, watching him before speaking to the daemon spook. "I guess I'll be working with him and the others, then? I think I got everything sorted out in the limb. When I get my energy back, would you be willing to help me transfer one of the daemons to another limb? And possibly the Weapon too?"

Talk to daemon spook and rest to recover my energy.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: March 08, 2017, 10:02:05 pm »

Phineous smiles and nods quickly before holding out his hand

Get monies?
  See about selling the dynamite for 2 tokens a stick, the luger for 5 tokens, sell light engineering kit for 10 tokens (keep the saw though),  sell the survival poncho for how ever much I can, sell radio for 5 tokens, that should put me at 48 tokens (more if depending on the poncho) w
Then get paid for the mission and put all tokens into getting endo exoskeleton. Tell me how much I have remaining

Skill upgrades: 5 into piloting, 5 into marksman
Stat uogrades: 5 into dex, 5 into perception.
2 coins for dynamite is fine. Lugers gonna be 3 coins. Engineering kit is 6 coins. survival ponchos gonna be like a coin. radio is 3 coins. You still want to sell everything?
The shooty spook wanders over to you and tosses seven coins to you.

Groo receives seven coins from the spooks.

+10 Int
+5 Marksmanship
+5 Engineering

Priscilla twitches in just the same way that human arms don't.
"GOLD."

The daemon spook chuckles Always direct Mr. Wall. Very well, 7 gold for your services.

Daemien waits until Groo has left, watching him before speaking to the daemon spook. "I guess I'll be working with him and the others, then? I think I got everything sorted out in the limb. When I get my energy back, would you be willing to help me transfer one of the daemons to another limb? And possibly the Weapon too?"

Talk to daemon spook and rest to recover my energy.

Y̵es ̛y̶ou ̕wi͠ll ͠b͡e̡ ̢wo̸rkin̕g͝ w̡ith ̧h͘im̡ an͡d ̶th͟e ̛ot̵her ́t̷w͠o ̀ơve͏r ͡t͡h͜e̢re͢, M̢r͏. ͏G̨ŗo͘o i͘s͞ ̡a̡ lit͡t͢le ̵sl͠ow҉ ̶at t҉i̛me̛s͡ t́em̷per͢e̵d ̢o͏f ͏c̛ou̸r͏se͟ by his͡ homic͠idal̢ ̢r̨ages҉, ͟t̛h͏e̢ m̀an ́wi͠t͏h t͝h͟e͡ ̸shi̵él̵ḑ ͡i͞s҉ ̷c͠all͘ed͟ t͞he͘ ̡Wall, ҉hi͞s͝ a͢rm ͠is͠ a̶ bi͘t ͘s̵m̸àrt̕e̸r̷ tha͏n͜ hi͝m sǫ ̶i̶f y͟ou̴ neęd s̷ǫmethi̷ng͏ ̷done͟ talk͘ to h͘e̢r, ҉as f͝or ͝th͡e̵ ̴n͝o͞ŕm̡àl look̷i͝ng ̸fel͘l̡o͜w,͡ ̶h͘i҉s͜ ̕n҉a͢mȩ ̵i͠s҉ P͞h̷i̵n̛a҉uś, hę l̸ik̸es to͜ b́a͘k͞e, ҉ tr̛y ̸n̸ot t̕o ̷c͢ri͜t͠i̕z͜e͝ ͡h̷im t́o̸ ha͡r͢s͜h͝l͠y,͏ ͟I ͟un̢d͡ers͘t͢a͞nd t̷h̛at͞ ̛he's tr͠y̵i̷ng ͢to ke͟ep̶ ̸h̶is a͢r̷m̴ ̢h̸ap̢p͞y̸.̀ ͘Ás ̸for̀ ̀ỳou͘r͟ own ̢e͡n̕de͏a͡vors̀.̵ ̡I͘ ̧wo͡uld ͟b̨e ͞hap̡p͞y̢ t͘ǫ ̶as̕s̛is̕t̷ in ͘t͡he ͝en̡d͘ea͏v̵o͞rs ͘o̡f̸ ̸a͏ fe͢ĺl̛ow͏ daemo͟n҉is̡t҉.̶

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: March 08, 2017, 10:21:30 pm »

Sell the stuff, should put me at 30, 43 with my monies,  then sell the flack jacket I have which, if it sells at full price will put me at 50 enough for the exo endoskeleton, if it sells for half that should put me at around 47, in which case go beg from the others for 3 monies.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: March 08, 2017, 11:43:40 pm »

Groo will happily give three coins to his companion, if he needs them!  Then he'll go and spend a couple coins on daemon paints, and give his new spinny plane a badass paintjob!  Maybe hotrod flames.  Or bunnies!  Or flaming bunnies!

Of course, he'll roll daemonism for this, with everything that implies.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: March 09, 2017, 10:08:44 pm »

Get someone to stick more metal on my tower shield. Done!
Afterwards, get someone to look at my mortal wounds.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: March 09, 2017, 10:58:46 pm »

"Thank you. I'll need to recover my energy first, though. Would you mind indulging my curiosity while I recover? If my questions make you uncomfortable or are too personal, I will not press the issue. Anyway, the researcher daemon made an interesting comment about your voice, said you sounded like you were of fine stock. Would I be right in guessing that your voice is so distinctive because the manner in which daemons create speech, or even just the frequency they exist at, doesn't interact properly with human or organic vocal cords?"

Speak to spook, recover energy.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: March 11, 2017, 01:09:23 am »

Sell the stuff, should put me at 30, 43 with my monies,  then sell the flack jacket I have which, if it sells at full price will put me at 50 enough for the exo endoskeleton, if it sells for half that should put me at around 47, in which case go beg from the others for 3 monies.

Walking into the general store, you happily dump all of your wordily possessions onto the counter and rub your fingers toghter when the shopkeeper stares at you. Several minutes later you are walking out of the shop with 47 coins, After dropping to your knees and begging for money in pantomime you manage to get Groo to give you three coins. You then take your newfound wealth to the hospital and after waving your hands about and pointing at the illustrations of endo exo suits around the offices you manage to make your point felt that you would like to have an endo exo suit. The doctor in charge shoves a very long and complicated form at you. IT's final section of this is in light of the fact that whosoever consents to this operation will be sealed within this suit until wars end, as well as concerning the daemonic nature of various parts of this suit. The signee does still give consent. At the bottom of this is a simple yes or no and a check box beside each.

Groo will happily give three coins to his companion, if he needs them!  Then he'll go and spend a couple coins on daemon paints, and give his new spinny plane a badass paintjob!  Maybe hotrod flames.  Or bunnies!  Or flaming bunnies!

Of course, he'll roll daemonism for this, with everything that implies.

[daemonism: 6+2=8]

Groo buys a gallon of daemon paint for 4 coins total. taking a brush he begins to paint a setting of idyllic joy, a picture of bunnies set aflame, the flesh of the some of the bunnies melting off, other bunnies though seem to be untouched by the flames that surround them merrily grazing as the multicolored fires consume their brethren. Other bunnies seem responsible for the fire, some holding molotovs while the other is in a mini fire suit and and holds a flamethrower which he douses the rest of the rabbits with the multicolored fire.

Get someone to stick more metal on my tower shield. Done!
Afterwards, get someone to look at my mortal wounds.

You toss five coins to a man with a welder and a determined expression on his face and leave him to his business. Aftewards you head into the hospital and watch as the doctors have a heart attack at your emergency treatments. Eventually tiring of their tired, the doctors poke you with a needle and strap a mask to your face and the next thing you know, your burns don't hurt anymore, you have dozens of beast and human flesh stitches all across your body where they integrated parts of priscilla into you in a more permeant manner. Your face is also scared up, though it's not as bad as it was.

"Thank you. I'll need to recover my energy first, though. Would you mind indulging my curiosity while I recover? If my questions make you uncomfortable or are too personal, I will not press the issue. Anyway, the researcher daemon made an interesting comment about your voice, said you sounded like you were of fine stock. Would I be right in guessing that your voice is so distinctive because the manner in which daemons create speech, or even just the frequency they exist at, doesn't interact properly with human or organic vocal cords?"

Speak to spook, recover energy.
Th̕at͏ wo̧u̧ld̸ b̀e a͜n̸ ҉a̡s͝tu҉t̛e ͞li͘n͞e o̵f ́re͢a͡so̷n͜in͠g,͜ ̢w͏e͠ ̴woul̢d ̸say.͜ ͡N͝ot en͝ţįrel͞y cơŕr̵e҉c̸t bu͞t ast͟u̶t͝e̡ ͡non͡eth̷e̷le̸s̢s.͜ O̵ne c̢o͡uld͝ ̕a͏l̛so sa̕y th͢at̨ ͠w͏e ̶ar͡e͏ ̶of ͡a ҉b̡i̸t ̴o̡f ͠m̵i͡xe͝d st̸ock͟. ͘Bu̴t ͟hi̛s fin̶e ͜sto̷c͜k c͢om̛me̷nt͡ i͝s ̢certa̢i͞n̡ly f̧lattering͟. I͟ ẃo̧uld ́a̛s̢k t̸ha̕t y͡ou͜ ho͟ld ̨your͞ q̶u͞e̕st͟i͞o̶n̢s ̸u͟n҉t̵i̶l w͏e are i̧n҉ ̧a m҉oŗe̴ ̷p̶r̶iva͝t̢e pl̕ac͜e͜. ̵Ce̛rt́a͜i͢n҉ se̴crets̨ ̛are ͠not̷ ͡the҉ be͝st to ͞be ͢vo̵i͜ce̵d i͢n ̕th҉e͞ op̕en ͢air̢ y̷ǫu se̕e̛. As he says this he becones you towards the spooks car.

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 128