Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 69

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild: SEQUEL ANNOUNCED  (Read 99136 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
« Reply #225 on: June 20, 2016, 07:11:42 pm »

I think it's more like Harry Potter and Quirreldemort, so Ganon totally can touch it if he wants, but it hurts him very, very bad.
Black lives matter.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 20, 2016, 07:12:11 pm »

the bottle smashes and ganondorf flings link around by the fishing line
Ganondorf is easily distracted.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 20, 2016, 07:13:14 pm »

I kind of imagine that touching any part of the magical sword that is designed to kill evil might be bad for the evil guy. Nevertheless, the idea of Ganon (or even, perhaps, Ganondorf) picking up the sword and pedestal by the pedestal to get around the problem and beating Link's head in with the pommel is quite hilarious.
Nothing important here, move along.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 20, 2016, 07:14:10 pm »

E: Or not just ganon, really. I can see you rolling up to the pedestal in the LttP forest, and there's one of those ball and chain guys waiting for you, twirling the pedestal around.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 20, 2016, 07:18:37 pm »

the bottle smashes and ganondorf flings link around by the fishing line
Ganondorf is easily distracted.
I was aware of that, but no cheesing the awesome swordfight final boss this iteration of Ganondorf is not so easily distracted. :P
I kind of imagine that touching any part of the magical sword that is designed to kill evil might be bad for the evil guy. Nevertheless, the idea of Ganon (or even, perhaps, Ganondorf) picking up the sword and pedestal by the pedestal to get around the problem and beating Link's head in with the pommel is quite hilarious.
Yes, yes.
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 20, 2016, 07:19:15 pm »

One thing that's disappointing about the footage we've seen so far is the lack of empty bottles. Apparently, when you cook up an elixir, it's just magically contained in a glass bottle, which disappears when you drink it. Hopefully this will change before the game comes out...
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 20, 2016, 07:20:20 pm »

Maybe we have to craft the empty bottles.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 20, 2016, 07:23:25 pm »

Or they could be regulated for use in extralegal fairy imprisonment or somethin'. No longer for various questionable liquids or powders, ganon's curse has made it so the bottles may only hold the writhing forms of the sentient and still living.
Ask not!
Ask!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 20, 2016, 07:24:20 pm »

In order to be able to craft your own bottles by throwing a handful of sand into mount doom, you must first defeat the massive spider atop said volcano.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 20, 2016, 07:24:36 pm »

I should think the handle wouldn't be metal, because metal handles aren't very comfortable or easy to grip. As long as he doesn't touch the sharp, slicey end he would be fine.

True, metal grips are not ideal. But making the entire weapon from a single piece of metal does significantly cut down on materials and crafting time. If you need weapons made quick and dirty, that's the way to go.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 20, 2016, 07:25:48 pm »

what about the term "master sword" makes you think it was made quick and dirty

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 20, 2016, 07:29:27 pm »

Who knows. It didn't take that long for that dwarf to jack it up, did it? And the fat fairy just kinda' tossed it back out, jacked up again. It may not have taken long at all, and only the goddesses know what it was made out of. It could be very dirty indeed.
Ask not!
Ask!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 20, 2016, 08:36:28 pm »

Last time I checked Skyward Sword was supposed to depict how the Master Sword was made. From what I remember, Fi shot laser beams at it and it magically transformed (multiple times). Blade, handle, crossguard, everything. So, everything about it is most likely magical in some way.

Then again I'm not as into the lore as you guys are, this is the first time I've even heard about a dwarf.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 20, 2016, 08:38:11 pm »

If Fi is related to the forging doesn't that basically mean self-enchantment?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 20, 2016, 08:42:35 pm »

Hell, I'm not particularly into the lore either, I just sunk way too much time into LttP when I was a kid. Dwarf guy reforges the master blade part way through the game, which doubles its damage. Absolute late game (very literally right before the final boss), you can throw either the master sword or its improvement into some water and a fat fairy will toss back out a golden sword that's double the strength of the tempered sword.

E: Actually, I kinda' forget. Did the fat fairy ever show up again? Somewhere else in the franchise.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 08:45:50 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 69