Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: The Fallen Sky: Training Round 1, Eliminated Squad 2  (Read 15201 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: The Fallen Sky: Tank Driving
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2016, 02:42:44 am »

(Wasn't what you expected? Well, good luck. If you're sure about leaving then TheMoonlitShadow can join next post. He can vote on a tank if he likes.)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2016, 02:47:19 am »

(Kinda, and I also just have a lot of stressful things going on right now. But yeah, thanks anyway!)
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2016, 02:57:14 am »

(Good luck!)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2016, 05:16:04 am »

Spoiler: Wirblewind (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ASU-57 (click to show/hide)
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2016, 09:23:20 am »

((I assumed pre Vietnam era, that's the dawn of modern tanks.))

((Also, good luck with your RL stuff, Digital. May it all end up for the better.))
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2016, 02:00:47 pm »

(Both of those are valid. Just keep in mind that all of these tanks have blueprints, it's just that none of the lore survived. Nobody knows how well the tanks did in combat.

Tank on tank combat, for the most part.)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2016, 03:03:39 pm »

(You are an unseen guiding hand in the fate of reality)

Tally:
x2 M8 Greyhound
x2 HVSS Sherman
x1 Sheridan
x1 M48 Patton
x1 M18 Hellcat
x1 Comet
x1 ASU-57
x1 Wirbelwind

You can change votes as you'd like, I am somewhat occupied at the moment.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2016, 03:53:29 pm »

(The hellcat could pen 8.8 cm of armor at 2km. I think you meant Greyhound.

Anyway, I'll make the actual selection semi-random so you have a chance of getting the vehicle you'd want.)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2016, 05:36:33 pm »

The Sheridan doesn't have a bigger gun and missiles. It has a wire guided missile gun. It also has aluminum armor. It's a support weapon system meant for easy helicopter transportation (hence the lighter, however also much much weaker aluminum armor). It can only carry a few shots (20 or so) in its body. But to be fair the firepower of one of the missiles outclasses the other tanks many times over.

The 105mm howitzer has a number of diverse shells, even a High Explosive Anti-Tank shell which in terms of penetration rivals even the Russian 85mm (maybe not with post-war ammunition). A High Explosive shell fired from any of the other tanks excluding the Sheridan would have far less effect than that of the 105, that pretty much goes for any other shell type except High Velocity Armor Piercing and regular solid shot AP.

The 105mm is not actually a support weapon system, it functions like an assault tank. The ASU is an assault gun that is only suitable for direct artillery support outside of tank destroying.

If we go with the Sheridan, M18 or ASU we HAVE to have a stealthy recon vehicle to detect the enemy before the engagement to make sure the tank destroyers are fighting in their best element which is ambush/long range. 
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2016, 06:36:38 pm »

City of Irrowskurn, 2200 Orbital Time, Day 140, 79 A.E.

Your team, a group of nine, consists of: Raioyris (Wunderkatze), Jeremy (NRDL), Mia (Moonlit), Gwydion (Xvareon), Jacob (Sosoku), Tray (HEN), Shirou, Trucy, and Ayn. A crow flies overhead, and comes to rest on the powerline that connects the red pavilion to the generator block at the edge of the fence.

Raioyris and Jeremy take off for the M8. [2+1] They fail to reach it in time, and it is instead crewed by a group of four girls led by Jane (formerly DigitalDemon).

Ray instead runs up the front slope of the HVSS 105mm M4 Sherman, and hops inside. [5+1]

[3] The Sheridan is claimed by four boys and girls from the Computer Club at High Heaven University.

[2] The Patton, the biggest of the tanks in the row, was claimed by a team of men led by Ricodon Varsillus, the president of the Irrowskurn VR Reenactment Organization.

[6] The Hellcat is available.

[2] The Comet was also claimed by a group of six college students.

[6] The ASU-57 and -85 are both lined up side by side, covered in mud. Nobody wanted them, and the -57 also happens to be filled with mud.

[1] The Wirbelwind's guns are currently lined up on top of its chassis, so it won't be too useful at the moment.

Choices left: 105 Sherman, M18 Hellcat, ASU-85. It's time to organize a crew for your vehicles. You need an absolute minimum of two people per vehicle, a driver and a gunner. It's possible to make do with three (Driver, Gunner, Loader/Commander), but four is ideal (Driver, Gunner, Loader, Commander) and there's enough room for five in both the Sherman and Hellcat, although only room for four in the ASU-85.

Healthy
>Hermia will remember your gift forever

Spoiler: Jeremy Nix, AKA NRDL (click to show/hide)

Healthy

Healthy

Healthy

Healthy

« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 08:37:08 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2016, 07:05:26 pm »

ASU 85

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2016, 07:31:14 pm »

Raioyris walks over to the M18 and gives the hull a nice tap. "Sturdy enough for me," he smiles.

I choose the M18. Grab two shy kids for my crew. I plan to load/command. Try to recruit one of the girls from the M8 team, after all, they don't need an assistant driver.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 12:47:13 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2016, 08:23:15 pm »

Offer to join ASU-85, any position's fine.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2016, 08:47:15 pm »

Get in the ASU-85, preferably as the driver or gunner. Ask Trucy if she wants to join as well.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2016, 08:50:36 pm »

Grab the gunner position.

Offer to join ASU-85, any position's fine.

Alright. Pick a spot, we need two loaders and a driver.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14