Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?  (Read 40879 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Blasphemy and Murder
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2016, 01:02:53 pm »

Carrier pigeon bag and steel claws are fine.

If we're talking enchanting my body, I'd rather get something for my voice. In particular, something that makes my CAW momentarily shake the faith of whoever hears it.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2016, 01:21:00 pm »

"Oh, one thing, if we have to interrogate anyone, I call torturing them!"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2016, 01:35:34 pm »

"Oh, one thing, if we have to interrogate anyone, I call torturing them!"
"Query: Why? Information gained from torture can hardly be called reliable.
Statement: Besides, we are dealing with religious nuts. Torture probably means little to them."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2016, 01:51:43 pm »

Varion shrugs in response before going back to inspecting the masochist's sword
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2016, 04:08:28 pm »

Make sure everyone remembers to get something to carry the valuables. I'd like an extra sack. Is the stone man handing out bags of holding, or something similar?

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2016, 04:21:08 pm »

Would it be possible to get a fur enchantment similar to what you mentioned to Corvo? If so, what options might be available instead of the armor? Also, is there anything that would benefit my lute-playing?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2016, 05:39:39 pm »

Also grab a thing for carrying valuables, thanks for the reminder Zormod

((Can anyone else think of any useful spells besides the anti-holy and anti-trap spells? I'm trying to think of any, but Ebony already had a decent variety))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2016, 06:24:08 pm »

((You have anti-holy, anti-trap, healing, and what else? I can't find any conclusive list of what spells you havec, or any clear limits to what spells you can/can't have or how many you can have, so I can't really make any helpful suggestions.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2016, 06:31:02 pm »

((Can anyone else think of any useful spells besides the anti-holy and anti-trap spells? I'm trying to think of any, but Ebony already had a decent variety))
((I have my mind fuck stuff))
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2016, 06:57:44 pm »

((Apart from the spells I'm asking for, I have Bind Wounds, Freeze, Lightning Arc, Identify Magic, Unbind Magic- which come to think of it might deal with magic traps?- and a "Find Item" scroll which is one-use.

Also! Before the mission starts for real, using the 10 unspent skill points to bring Magic to +2))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2016, 07:09:33 pm »

((Fire magic might be useful, in case we find anything weak against fire but strong against ice/lightning. Don't bother with mindfuckery or summoning, as we have too much of that already. Since you have a specialization in ice spells, you could get more ice spells, like a wall of ice or something.))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2016, 07:30:45 pm »

((I think everyone gets a sack))

Refill my bag of bandages and healing supplies then Watch the idiot with the thorn sword hurt himself and enjoy a pre-raid drink while waiting for everyone else to be ready
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2016, 03:34:50 am »

((Apart from the spells I'm asking for, I have Bind Wounds, Freeze, Lightning Arc, Identify Magic, Unbind Magic- which come to think of it might deal with magic traps?- and a "Find Item" scroll which is one-use.

Also! Before the mission starts for real, using the 10 unspent skill points to bring Magic to +2))

((Did you get a crossbow? I notice that's one of your specializations, and considering how magic loves to backfire and obey arbitrary limits...))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2016, 08:12:47 pm »

I guess I will store away my pike and short sword taking the long sword and vine sword. get ready to move into the place and drink potion. See if I can manipulate emotions to make corvo feel happy
(1)You attempt to make COrvo happy. Corvo feels the stirring s of emotion, and fears ana ttack. Corvo goes into defensive mode. Defensive mode on a teleporting, demon summoning wild bird with no sense of forethought involves teleporting and summoning demons. (5, darn, this mission was about to get interesting before it started) Fortunately for everyone in the room, especially you, Corvo simply blinks away. You, on the other hand, sit down and cry.

Guys should I take this neat sword? I mean it has its downside, I'll become dizzy if I put it away

"What does it even do, aside from constitute a public health hazard? Do you have any plagues you could transmit by blood?"

Ready the shield! Practice with it a little bit before we move into the fray.
"Hya! Hwah!" You swing your shield into place, crouching behind it and bracing. Mongo gives a cursory swipe against it, and you weather it. He gives a more serious swipe, and you bounce back a couple feet, but remain upright. He gives it a good bear powered whack, and you are lifted of the ground and fly back a few feet, landing on your back, stunned a bit from the blow, and from the landing. This was a good test of the defensive capabilities of the shield. Once you recover, the stone man directs you to a set of weighted barriers. "rush them. Try to shove them backward. start with the smallest one, on the end, and work your way up." You comply, and are able, on the first, which is about your own weight, plus a little, to shove it back to the wall with some continuous effort. One you get to the human sized ones, you are able to drive them back a few feet before they sort of dig in and stop moving. Larger ones barely budge. Mongo is again gracious enough (thanks Mongo!) to allow another go at him, and you charge a prepared bear, only to find yourself bouncing back on your ass. Alright, now I know what to expect." Mongo resists the urge to climb up on the shield and bounce.

All righty then. One padded cloak with magic dampening effect and one clockwork staff.

Clunkers puts on the Deep purple cloak with bronze gears woven into it and and throws back the hood for now. No need to have that covering his head in here. Then he picks up the Clockwork staff, fiddling with the gears and knobs and opening and closing the irises at the top experimentally.

"Statement: This seems rather top-of-the line."

He then turns the gear that activates the gyroscope in the middle of the staff, allowing it to stand upright on its own.

"Amused statement: Neat."
recorded.

Carrier pigeon bag and steel claws are fine.

If we're talking enchanting my body, I'd rather get something for my voice. In particular, something that makes my CAW momentarily shake the faith of whoever hears it.

Well, damn. Now you are talking. In a small pouch on your other leg are a set of five seeds. Eat one when you want to make your voice terrifying. you get the tips and the bag as well.

Make sure everyone remembers to get something to carry the valuables. I'd like an extra sack. Is the stone man handing out bags of holding, or something similar?
There's a cart. it has explodey glass balls, rope and grappling hooks, torches, and enough bags that everyone could load up their fill. So more than enough loot bags, even if you weren't being chased by an angry mob on your way out. Maybe a few more provisions if you think of them.

Would it be possible to get a fur enchantment similar to what you mentioned to Corvo? If so, what options might be available instead of the armor? Also, is there anything that would benefit my lute-playing?
What options are available? Surely you know by now that I am open to just tons of stuff, provided it is balanced, reasonable, inventive, and specific. the more creative you are, the more likely I'll say yes.

The stone man directs you to a yellow skinned, three armed, legless, skinny being with an eyepatch. It teaches you "The Song of the Crow." as for fur enchantments, you can get one that will repel anything from sticking to your fur, including oil and fire, one that will harden your fur temporarily, rendering you immobile and very resistant to piercing, slashing, and blunt attacks, but has no effect on concussive (i.e. shockwaves) or things like lightning or acid, and maybe another type if you can think of something specific. You'll be given five fruits you are to eat whole when you want the effect. One fruit per event, not all five at once.

You climb into the cart and rub the loot bags all over your body, giggling and dreaming of sacks of gold, mounds of silver, and goblets of wine.

I can think of dozens of potentially useful spells. hundreds. thousands. Do a little google search for super powers, special effects, or random magical effects. Easy peasy to find something interesting. Anyway, decide before everyone else is ready or Ebony will go without.

Wait. did you already ask for some specific spells? Did I miss that? and magic is at +2 now

((I think everyone gets a sack))

Refill my bag of bandages and healing supplies then Watch the idiot with the thorn sword hurt himself and enjoy a pre-raid drink while waiting for everyone else to be ready
He puts the barbed wire around his waist and winces, pricks a thumb on the sheathe, and avoids touching the thorned hilt. Then he looks at the bird, sits down, and cries.
You gather the first aid supplies. Hey look! a keg and some mugs. lucky bastards, everyone gets one mug. You drink yours and sit back with a satisfied sigh. it's swill, but you haven't had any since coming to this dump. So that makes it the best swill you've had in weeks, at least.

For twinwolf, and everyone suggesting for her/him: a) her magic is versatile, and has no real genre limits. b) her magic, if she uses it, will be powerful comparatively to what anyone else in the group can do (even Clunkers) c) the cost of this is concentration, specificity, and use of a spellbook or scrolls. the more rigid a magic is, the more power it can have. fluid magic, guided by whim and the moment, can do a variety of things, but is not directed enough to give it that special oomph.

there are dozens of useful genres of magic you could use:
perception
attack
defense
restoration
information gathering
communication
area effects
access granting/denying
summoning
movement
control

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2016, 08:14:20 pm »

Oh. I need to say this.

On this mission, there will be no AFK invulnerability, unless you very specifically state before hand that you will be unavailable for a given time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32