Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we take mate off of the "List of Important People"?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: December 01, 2016, 07:55:06 pm

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43

Author Topic: Gloomdiamonds: The End of the Story (Finished)  (Read 53508 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: Gloomdiamonds: Turn Slots Now Available
« Reply #270 on: November 30, 2016, 06:53:42 am »

I want a turn, albeit the one at the end of the list.

You want a turn, Yea or Nea?

And Wright is up. Let's Rock.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 30, 2016, 11:44:48 am »

Yea, but the turn at the end of the list.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 30, 2016, 01:28:06 pm »

In the Waiting Room:
Ryukan sat at one of the many circular tables that dotted the medium sized room. A glass of Strawberry Wine in one hand and an IPad Infinity TM in the other. He sat there scrolling through the various reports of the Order, Goblins sieges, Time Wars,  cheese.
In truth: he was utterly bored. Aside from managing the other watchers and making sure they didn't screw over the fort and enlisting new watchers, he did nothing but sit there and wait. He wanted some action. As if in sinc with his thoughts (a truly scary prospect) Imic the Paladin materialized in the room.

"Hey Imic," said Ryukan, "Hows the "other" order?"
"Hey, and meh," replied the Paladin, "Not too much, just the usual, trolls, goblins, socks."
"Kewl.... Would you like a go at Gloomdamonds?" Ryukan inquired.
"You know I only want the last turn," Imic said as he ploped himself down on a stool at the bar.
"I would like to know how you know when the final turn is?" Ryukan asked.
".... uh. Honestly I don't know," Imic shrugged.
"Well, I just volunteered you for a spot after Gwolfski.... Good Luck on that one," he said.
"You can't do that!" Imic shouted.
"Just. Did." Ryukan said as he punctuated both words with a tab to his tablet.
Imic sat at the bar scowling and occasionaly taking a sip. Ryukan payed the Paladin no mind as he continued scrolling through the Order's Beardbook account.
" So," Imic ventured hoping to break the silence that was quickly becoming uncomfortable, "I hear you plan on joining the new Necrothreat?"
Ryukan did not hear the Paladin, as something caught his eye on his tablet, "Sorry Imic, but I have to go, see you in a few turns," and with a few wierd gestures, he pixelated into nothing, leaving Imic alone to his drink and thoughts..... and Ryukan's tablet which was still lying on the table.
Imic did what any aspiring Overlord would've done:
Incident Report # 26
Place of Incident: Zone 16
Time of Incident: Approx. 23:00
Reporting Officer: Captain Bomrek
Report: At Approx. 23:00 last night, subject 9057 escaped the compound after subdueing several guards and killing seven Order personel. I take full responsibilty for the incedent and will accept whatever punishment the council sees fit to bring upon me.
Imic read that and, in an effort to learn more, searched the tablet for who or what this Subject 9057 was. He found his answer soon enough.
Name: Smunstu
Designation: Subject 9057
Reason for Incarceration: Political Opppoent
"So the PM is still alive!" Imic exclaimed. " So the Order is not as nuetral as they claim to be...." Imic sat there contemplating and spping his drink.

[OOC: So there is now a Plot Coupon/MacGuffin in play (my tablet)]
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 01:30:21 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 30, 2016, 01:42:03 pm »

Stop takin' liberties wiv me. I have my own plans, you know. It nearly blew up the entire new facility, several Undarak were traumatised when suddenly a giant tower sticking out of the mountains suddenly exploded and collapsed into the ground...

The turn list is designed so that there is only a certain number of spots available, and I want the turn at the end of the current cycle. There will be ines after me, but for now I would like... I... Just stick me on the shibloofin' turn list...

Will do RPing in a bit.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 30, 2016, 01:55:23 pm »

well then.... good thing I didn't actually name that goblin pikeman then.....

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 30, 2016, 02:02:47 pm »

In the Middle of Nowhere

The turn list is designed so that there is only a certain number of spots available, and I want the turn at the end of the current cycle. There will be ines after me, but for now I would like... I... Just stick me on the shibloofin' turn list...

"... oh" Ryukan said, his cheeks turning red, "Ooops"

[OOC: Oops, I misunderstood ya mate. Oh well, needed something to jump-start the plot]

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 30, 2016, 03:32:07 pm »

Kay. Been off line sorta. Sounds like the save isn't ready though. So yeah. Ready to rock.

The save is ready, you just need to run it in the most recent version, so no DFhack (unless you can get it to work somehow.)
https://github.com/dfhack/dfhack/releases :v

Still, eh....u dun goofed

Pyrite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 30, 2016, 04:43:04 pm »

I tried to use the latest version of DFhack, but it caused the game to crash whenever the save was loaded.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 30, 2016, 05:56:34 pm »

I tried to use the latest version of DFhack, but it caused the game to crash whenever the save was loaded.

*shakes head in disbelief*

scourge.... what did you do?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 30, 2016, 07:15:19 pm »

That's slightly impressive.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 30, 2016, 07:54:13 pm »

Well, I'll leave it up to you guys.... Actually

I'll make a poll: Should we revert the save?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 01, 2016, 11:03:24 am »

I didn't even use DFhack on my turn.. I have legitimatley no idea how this even happend

EDIT:Since I kept a copy of the save, I tested it and DFhack works on my version of the save just fine...

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 01, 2016, 03:14:32 pm »

Drazoth was snoring loudly.  He was asleep at his desk, the miniature draco-lich he was working on in front of him, his paints and brush rag on his left, bottle of rum and mug of cold tea on his right.  He woke with a start, making a kind of snorting noise as he did so.  Looking at his clock/calendar, eyes bleary he noticed the date.
"Oh shite.  How did I fall asleep, and for so long.  Better check in on that guy."
Hitting the crystal orb on the window sill, an image of Zothdra came up.
"Oi, you still alive?"
"Yeah, where've you been head-voice?  Haven't heard from you in a few years."
"I've been busy.  It looks like you've done a good job of keeping things intact.  It seems my opponents have yet to make any moves against us yet, so keep doing things as you have.  I'll let you know when the time comes for us to act.  Bye."
Hitting the orb again to end the call, he turned to his tea, took it to the sink, and poured it out.  He then went down to the kitchen and started the kettle up.  It was going to be a long day(?) for him.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Pyrite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 01, 2016, 03:40:09 pm »

I didn't even use DFhack on my turn.. I have legitimatley no idea how this even happend

EDIT:Since I kept a copy of the save, I tested it and DFhack works on my version of the save just fine...

Can you upload your copy of DF with working DFhack?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 01, 2016, 04:12:46 pm »

On a Roadside at Night in the Middle of Nowhere

"So, do you have my payment?" asked a hunched hooded figure sitting on one of two logs on opposite sides of a small campfire.

Ryukan, in the body of a human (sadly there were no dwarves to posses in this world), pulled out a small pouch. He dumped the contents into his hand, two small black diamonds. He tossed the absurdly rare trinkets to his companion who caught them, studied them for a second, then popped one in his mouth.

"Out of sheer curiosity, if those are the only things you can eat, how do you stay alive? Its not like you can find them littered on the ground," Ryukan asked.

"You're not the only person who uses my services Ryukan," the hooded figure said.

"I know we're alone here, but could you not use my name out loud. I've made plenty of powerful enemies in my lives," Ryukan said and glanced around.

"Relax, Your secret is safe with me, I've kept worse secrets from people more powerful than you, though they be few and far between," the figure said. "Now, you said you needed me to find a goblin?"

"As strange as it sounds, I need that goblin for a very dangerous experiment. I would find him myself, but with the virtual destruction of the Order, our resources are very tight. I have to return to Gloomdiamonds and help out with the Order's dealings there. I trust in your abilities, but don't fail me."

"I'll find him, it's just a matter of how long it takes. So long Ryukan," with that, the figure stood and got on a horse and galloped away into the night.

Ryukan sat by his fire, lost in thought as the night wore on. Later after watching the fire slowly shrink, he added more wood, stretched and fell asleep in his tent.

When the sun came up the next morning it found Ryukan sitting on one of the logs heating a kettle of coffee (one of the modern luxuries he just couldn't live without). An hour later, he put his empty mug in his bag and packed up all of his stuff and warped to the outskirts of Gloomdiamonds.

"Ah, been a while since I've been here.... is that a werezebra?"
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 07:20:16 am by TheImmortalRyukan »

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43