Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 900 901 [902] 903 904 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3654044 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLNhPMQnWu4

Wars would be so much easier to fight if all the innocent civilians didn't keep getting in the way.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds like those particular drug makers have enough in storage to not worry about things for the near future.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey lookee here. Trump 'proclaims' today to be something it was anyway, except where it's rebranded as something less controversial. Ironically, in his version, it's a person who came uninvited into the Americas, bringing gang violence, instituting social problems amongst the legitimate residents, causing a healthcare crisis, changing the future ethnicity of the continent...

(I haven't looked to see if anybody has pointed this out, in response. I've grown to dispair of reading the kinds of sycophantic responses that seem to get 'botted onto his threads, and I'm sure the counterpart "resign!" ones couod get boring, too, if I let them...)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hold the crap up, does that mean today is an actual federal holiday? Does that mean I should be getting holiday pay(1.5x normal pay) for working today?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLNhPMQnWu4

Wars would be so much easier to fight if all the innocent civilians didn't keep getting in the way.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

@Akura: Umm...last time I checked, Columbus Day *is* a Federal holiday.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

We've had at least one giant NK derail recently so we should try to keep this under a page, but invading NK is functionally the same thing as going nuclear.  If Trump with all his advisors doesn't understand that, then I can see why Tillerson was angry enough to call him a f****** moron.  Assuming no nukes and no Chinese intervention, it would still be the Iraq War x10.  That's no more acceptable than nuclear war, which is to say, not acceptable at all.
Apparently Rex didn't call him a moron for that, he called him a fucking moron cuz Trump equated something on the scale of nation-building or nuclear deals with renovating property.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

@Akura: Umm...last time I checked, Columbus Day *is* a Federal holiday.
It is, but observance seems kinda' sketchy? Least for non-gov stuff. Might be some kind of exception wrote into something for leaf day. and yes I know that's the wrong spelling
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

That passage about a negative peace and a positive peace pretty much nails it, I think.

So we should just blindly listen to the most violent extremists who kind of agree with us and endorse their actions universally?

Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Not sure. The only thing I take is manufactured in Israel.
Is it for hasidic reflux?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

This made me laugh way more than it should have.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Not possible: the correct amount of laughter for that is all of the laughter.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That passage about a negative peace and a positive peace pretty much nails it, I think.

So we should just blindly listen to the most violent extremists who kind of agree with us and endorse their actions universally?

(this is bait)

On the contrary; this is my honest attempt to understand Redking's point, because the MLK quote would seem to suggest that saying "this is farther than I'm willing to go" is somehow betraying the movement. Since we've got people actively encouraging violence on this very thread, it would seem important to understand how far, if anywhere, is too far. At the same time, seeing oneself as in the right but not being willing to do anything in furtherance of those values is a significant problem. Thus my wondering where the mutually acceptable middle ground lies.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:17:50 pm by Trekkin »

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvRTc4gQ70M

may we all aspire to such an august honor.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

I remember when MLK gave his famous "I have a femur" speech from behind his blood soaked bone podium.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 900 901 [902] 903 904 ... 3515