Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 52895 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. Turn 5 [Giant Manpile]
« Reply #225 on: April 09, 2017, 03:33:38 am »

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. Turn 5 [Giant Manpile]
« Reply #226 on: April 10, 2017, 08:57:59 pm »

Spoiler: Annoyed West (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

TEAM EAST

[Speed:5]

[Pot:2+2]

You conjure up a magma wall and aim it at Johnny, trying to catch him before he can reinforce his teammates.

[Derm Dex:4+1]
[Johnny Dex:2+1]

The wall impacts right where he's standing.  Ooo, that looks painful.

You shift toward the west side.

Despite the madness around you, you have a few moments of peace and quiet to delve into the mysteries of magic.

[Pot:6+2]

You get a shimmering image of a mighty spear.  This could really be a knight's lance.

[Pot:4+2]

You think the air across the bridge around Johnny shimmered?  It's hard to tell.

[Pot:5+2]

The air around Greg shimmers.

[Pot:3+2]

The air surrounding you in a wide area shimmers a bit.

[Pot:6+2]

A bit of nothing forms a circle around you and shoots outward all around.

Interesting.

Spoiler: Goddamn it of the East (click to show/hide)

[Speed:3]

Your attack plans are hampered by burning magma dropped on you.  You should probably extract yourself.

[Dex:2+1]
[Str:6-2]

You flail around a bit, but you are able to pull yourself out of the magma and back a bit to a sitting position.  It's hard to see or concentrate.

Spoiler: Eastern Embarrassment (click to show/hide)

[Speed:1]

[Dex:1+2]
[Str3-1]

You can't quite manage to separate yourself from Jefro, but you can at least get off a spell.

[Pot:5+2]
[Dex:3+2]

You conjure a massive wall of a foul green acid and fire it straight toward Larry.

[Larry Dex:2]

Bullseye.

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)

[Speed:2]

Greg is out of sight behind the wall before you can get your spell off.  You wait a moment but he doesn't pop back up.  With a small shrug, you try not to completely waste your time.

[Pot:4+2]

You're now standing beside a puddle of liquid.  It smells like gasoline.

TEAM WEST

Spoiler: West is best (click to show/hide)

[Speed:6+1]

Jefro begins punching the closest enemy, which happens to be Bastien.

Then your teammate tries to drop magma on your head, forcing you to roll away.  Bastien rolls with you, leaving the two of you still tangled.

[Jefro Dex:5+1]
[Bastien Dex:3+2-1]

[Jefro Str:1-1]

Unfortunately he can't get the leverage to do much beside tickle his nose.

Spoiler: West Windwalker (click to show/hide)

[Speed:5+1]

That wall shouldn't be hard to climb, right?  It's only about as tall as you.

[Str:1-1]

You end up flat on your back, wondering where the floor went.

You could jump from the side of it, but it'd be a much harder jump.

Success on the weapons front.
Spoiler: Wild Westeners (click to show/hide)

[Speed:1]

Your plan to save your teammates is interrupted by a wall of magma impacting the ground under your feet.

[End:6]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You're a bit stuck half in and half out; your right leg is already burned and will probably melt off if you don't move it fast.

Spoiler: The Wild West (click to show/hide)

[Speed:3+1]

You roll out of the pile and leap to your feet, ripping off magic as you go.  As the power builds, it occurs to you that Jefro's still in the pile.

[Pot:4]

You summon a nice wad of magma above the pile, mixed in with something that immediately ignites... then the whole burning mass drops on all three of them.

[Jefro Dex:4+1]
[Bastien Dex:4+2]
[Lootington Dex:1+1]

Bastien and Jefro roll themselves away.  Lootington doesn't.

[End:5-1]

The magma mostly lands on his face and left arm.  He'd probably be screaming if his head wasn't covered in burning magma.

[End:5+1]

Karma for endangering your teammate is swift, because a massive wall of acid appears and flies at you faster than you can do anything about it.  You turn away enough to save your face, but your left side takes the brunt of it.  Your entire left side gets a wonderful chemical burn, especially your leg.

Spoiler: Annoyed West (click to show/hide)

(You might want to check your relative positions.)

[Pot:2+1]

What you get is a puppy, running around slowly and barking slowly.  It's metallic and has sword-limbs and a sword-tail, and a cool sword pattern on its coat.  Uh.

You might have better luck if your spell was cast better.

You and your growing horde of puppies head on to the steel pits.  The new one is noticeably lagging behind.

Horrible burns!  I love it!

They'd only be sweeter if that guy burned his teammate too!

Maybe next time.  We can only hope!  Our lovely viewers love a good team kill!

Quote from: Team East, 0 Points
ATHATH: Good Guy Greg - North Capture Point (Steel Aura, 5/6 Pool) [Rubber wallboots]
Person: Sir Lootington - South Capture Point (5/5 Pool)  {Left arm burned, Head burned and stuck in magma}
Derm: Derm - Non-Euclidean Bridge  (1/5 Pool) [Leather Gloves]
Shadowclaw: Bastien - South Capture Point (1/3 Pool)
OceanSoul: Poe Pello - North Capture Point (5 Pool)  [Dented sheet of purple metal]

Quote from: Team West, 0 Points
FallacyofUrist: Mr. Smith - West Grassy Field (4 Pool)
AoshimaMichio: Enki - West Crystal Field (2/3 Pool) [Druidic Dagger, Druidic Gloves]
Dolosus: Larry Laffer - South Capture Point (4/5 Pool)  {Left leg burned, Left arm lightly burned}
Flabort: Johnny - South Capture Point (5/5 Pool) Druidic Steel Greatsword]  {Right leg burned}
Coolrune:  Jefro - South Capture Point (4/4 Pool) [Steel Gauntlets]

How's the format working for you folks?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Format's working fine! Keep up the good work!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On an unrelated note, why does the title of the turn always have the 'Pre-Turn 1 [5 turns to prepare!]' title?

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

On an unrelated note, why does the title of the turn always have the 'Pre-Turn 1 [5 turns to prepare!]' title?

Because instead of hitting Reply, Toaster quotes some earlier turn. That causes post title being different from actual thread title.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I've been asked about pool regeneration and if it's possible to focus it.  Let me try to clarify:

If you are not in combat, you regain all pool every turn.  This is represented by a single number in your pool description. (eg 4 Pool; max only.)

If you are in combat, you regain one pool per turn, at the end of the turn.  This is represented by two numbers in your pool description. (eg 2/4 Pool; current (after regen) and max.)

Combat is generally defined by intent.  If you intend to harm someone, you are in combat, even if you totally fail to do so.  As for the defender, they are generally considered in combat if they had to make some sort of defensive roll.  That said, if you accidentally injure an enemy, you're still in combat.

Focusing regen... I suppose it's allowed, but it's a bit redundant since missing a full turn of combat would allow you to reach full anyway.  I will still allow it, with the following effect: if you focus regen, and are still considered in combat (forced defense rolls, most likely), you will regain two pool.

To go from in to out of combat, you must pass one full turn without being in combat.  At the end of that turn, you then switch to full pool.

There may be magical ways to alter pool regen.

Because instead of hitting Reply, Toaster quotes some earlier turn. That causes post title being different from actual thread title.

Yep.  I always quote the previous turn so the status block is intact.  Also, I am lazy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

"I'll be borrowing that, Larry."

Spoiler: Jefro (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Eastern Tactics (click to show/hide)
Edited: Fixed
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 07:23:03 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Eastern Tactics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: East note (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35