Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 52711 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Well, I guess I'll just make my next spoiler start every word with a W now.
Why would you do such a thing?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Would you believe contrarianism and spite?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

If I would, I couldn't.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

The first one, yes. The second one? Not so much.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Damn, you guys got done fast and slipped it past me.  Shame!

I'll try to knock it out tonight.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Knock knock. Who's there? Puma. Puma who? Puma pants
« Reply #395 on: May 12, 2017, 09:21:32 pm »

Reminder:  Overdrive is two points per plus.  There's no limit to how many points you can spend that turn, but regardless of amount there's a three turn cooldown.

TEAM EAST

[Str:5-1+1]

You crush his skull with a juicy crunch.   Welp, that's that.

Derm has one point to spend!

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)

[Speed:3]

CHAAAARGE!

[Dex:2+1]
[Str:2-1]

Despite being stuck to Bastien and missing a limb, he damn near dodges you.  As it is, you just kind of poke him a bit.

And your lance sticks to him.  Shit.

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)

You charge the point, arriving just behind Greg.

[Dex:1+2]
[Str:1+2]

It's not a direct hit, but you cause him to bleed more.  Oh wait, now your weapon is stuck too.

[Speed:2-1]

Your opponent sneaks in a spell before you.

[End:2]

You're zapped some, dazing you.  [-1 rolls rest of turn]  He follows up with a kick.

[Dex:6-1]
[End:3-1]

It's enough to knock you over.  With a growl, you fire back.

[Pot:4+2-1]

Literally.  Sadly, he manages to dodge it.  You've lost your chance to move around him, but you do bounce back to your feet.

Spoiler: Eastern Deception (click to show/hide)

[Speed:5]

You're getting away from him NOW, especially since he's casting another spell.

[Str:1-1+1]

It's no good; he's getting his spell away.  He summons a chunk of steel which immediately explodes onto both of you.

[End:3+1]

Your metallic flesh helps, but it can't stop every shard.  Your chest is bleeding now.

TEAM WEST

Spoiler: Wicked West (click to show/hide)

[Speed:1+1]

You're faster on the draw, so your spell gets fired first.

[Pot:3+1-1]

Oddly, your gear doesn't seem to like this spell; you can feel its interference.  The result is a small cone of electricity that zaps your opponent, clearly dazing him.  You go for the SPARTA kick.

[Dex:6+1]
[Str:4-1]

It's no jiu jitsu, but he ends up flat on his back; you weren't THAT close to the edge.  He opens his mouth and spews fire at you.

[Dex:4+1]

You quickly dodge out of the way as best as you can, feeling quite a bit of heat.

Spoiler: West Puppymancy (click to show/hide)

You pet puppies and feel your magic returning.

Spoiler: West (click to show/hide)

Life?  This can't be much of a life if you're just doomed to die over and over until you meet some arbitrary goal decided without your consent.  You don't even know how you got here.

Anyway, you get to the outer fort.  [I moved you to the southern side since that's where you were.  If you wanted to go north instead, tell me and I'll retcon it.]

CRUNCH.

Larry Laffer has died!

Spoiler: West Pole (click to show/hide)

[Speed:5]

He tries to get away from your magic, but in vain.

[Pot:1+2+1-1]

The magic tries to get away from you (with your sword actively resisting), but you force it to cooperate.  A chunk of steel forms right beside both of you... and explodes in both your faces.

[End:5] 

Seems like shards are a bit more focused on you- damn magnets!  Your chest is bleeding too.  Crap; here comes Greg, mounted on a magnificent warhorse.

[Dex:6+1-1-1]

You do your best, but can't quite dodge.  However, all he manages to do is get his lance stuck to you.  Oh boy, here comes another.

[Dex:2+1-1-1]
[End:4]

He catches you in the chest again; not hard enough to severely wound you but you're now bleeding more.  Hmmmm.   Oh good, his weapon is stuck too.

Ooooo!  Now that's a head blow!

It's always nice to see a skull caved in.  Now can this mess at the south go anywhere?

It's going on the highlight reel!

Quote from: Team East, 0 Points
ATHATH: Good Guy Greg - South Capture Point (Steel Aura, 1/6 Pool) [Huge Steel Lance] [+1]
Person: Person - South Capture Point (2 Pool) [Steel Poleaxe]
Derm: Derm - West Capture Point (1/5 Pool) [Steel Mace, Leather Gloves, Steel Barrier Shield] [+1]
Shadowclaw: Bastien - South Capture Point (Steel Aura, 1/3 Pool) {Chest bleeding}[+1]
OceanSoul: Poe Pello - North Capture Point (1/5 Pool)  {Chest burned, Face bleeding}

Quote from: Team West, 0 Points
FallacyofUrist: Mr. Smith - West Steel Pits (Steel Cage Right Leg, 4 Pool) [+1]
AoshimaMichio: Enki - North Capture Point (1/3 Pool) [Druidic Dagger, Druidic Gloves]
Dolosus: Larry Laffer - DEAD
Flabort: Johnny - South Capture Point (Gaseous Icy Magnet Aura, 1/5 Pool) [Druidic Steel Greatsword]  {Right leg burned, Left arm gone, Chest bleeding in two places} [+1]
Coolrune:  Jefro - West Outer Fort, South (4 Pool)

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 09:45:50 pm by Dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Weast (East) (click to show/hide)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Weast?  What kinda compass are you reading?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Weast?  What kinda compass are you reading?

I think it has an adittional 90 degree angle.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Magnetic West (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Woe is West (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35