Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35

Author Topic: Fields of Magical Murder: A Perplexicon Game. T20 [Or That Arm] [W0-E10]  (Read 52720 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Woe is West (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: West Worries (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Eastern Regret (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

One short.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: West. For real. (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
What did the fish say when he swam into a concrete wall? Dam.
« Reply #410 on: May 15, 2017, 02:54:11 pm »

TEAM EAST

[Speed:3-1]

Circling your opponent for an opening is interrupted by an incoming light... wolf?

[Dex:1]
[End:4]

Staring transfixed, you don't even attempt to dodge as it zeros in on you and detonates.  The intense burst of light causes some flash burns on your arm and chest, as well as momentarily blinding you.  The pain on your chest is becoming rather intense. 

You ignore the pain and try to hit your opponent as best you can without sight.

[Dex:6-2]

[Pot:1+2]

Avoiding a melee attack by hearing it coming, you use the sound to aim your spell.  There's no shout of pain, however, so you're not sure how much good you did.

Your vision returns but still with heavy afterimages.  [-1 dex for vision next turn]

With no interference, you turn the West point neutral.  Just a bit more time and it'll belong to your team.

Spoiler: Weast (East) (click to show/hide)

[Speed:1]

Person stole your kill.  Jerk.

Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)

[Speed:4]

A quick jerk to unstick your weapon...

[Str:4+2]

No problem.  Now to reapply it.

[Dex:1+2]
[Str:6+2]

It's not the cleanest hit, but it goes through his chest wall and various vital organs.  He pales and fades away, releasing all the stuck people.

Person has one point to spend!

Spoiler: Eastern Regret (click to show/hide)

[Speed:3]

Person makes this easy by slicing open his chest.  As he fades, so does his hold on you.  You stand up.

TEAM WEST

Spoiler: West (click to show/hide)

You're jealous of puppymancy, and want to get in on the action.

[Pot:3]

This gets you... well, its proportions say puppy, but the size of a full grown dog. It has the essence of magma, but of magma that's cooled off somewhat.  It really appears to be a magma puppy someone stretched out without adding any actual material to make up for the increased volume.

For its part, it appears unperturbed.

Spoiler: Magnetic West (click to show/hide)

[Speed:2]

First is to dodge the poleaxe that Person unstuck from you.

[Dex:3-1]
[End:2]

Well, that saves you the trouble of dodging the rest.

Johnny has died!  His bonus point is lost.

Spoiler: West. For real. (click to show/hide)

[Speed:4-1]

With one more quick puppy pat, you restart your long range bombardment.

[Pot:6+1]

A massive wolf of brilliant light forms before you and shoots off in the direction of Poe.

[Will:5+1]

You hit him dead center and the wolf detonates in a brilliant burst.  You might have tagged Enki too; oops?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[Speed:1+1]

As you look for an opening, your teammate hits your opponent with an explosion of light... at very close range to you.  Crap!

[Dex:3+1]

You step back just in time to avoid the brunt of the attack, but there are some after-images in your eyes that make it hard to see. [-1 to aiming this turn]  Looks like Poe got it a lot worse, though.  You move in for the kill.

[Dex:1+1-1]

He must have heard you, because he sidesteps the slash and counters with fire.

[Dex:2+1]

You feel the heat, but it's not enough fire to burn you.

Larry pops back into the spawn area with a sound like "blep."

Another kill!  That was a bit of a dogpile, was it not?

I do believe the dogpile is in another place.

Quite right you are!  Good thing his puppies didn't see him blow up that wolf.

Quote from: Team East, 0 Points
ATHATH: Good Guy Greg - South Capture Point (Steel Aura, 1/6 Pool) [Huge Steel Lance] [+1]
Person: Person - South Capture Point (2 Pool) [Steel Poleaxe] [+1]
Derm: Derm - West Capture Point (5 Pool) [Steel Mace, Leather Gloves, Steel Barrier Shield] [+1]
Shadowclaw: Bastien - South Capture Point (Steel Aura, 1/3 Pool) {Chest bleeding}[+1]
OceanSoul: Poe Pello - North Capture Point (1/5 Pool)  {Chest heavily burned, Left arm burned, Face bleeding, -1 dex for vision next turn}

Quote from: Team West, 0 Points
FallacyofUrist: Mr. Smith - West Steel Pits (Steel Cage Right Leg, 1/4 Pool) [+1]
AoshimaMichio: Enki - North Capture Point (2/3 Pool) [Druidic Dagger, Druidic Gloves]
Dolosus: Larry Laffer - West Spawn Point (5 Pool)
Flabort: Johnny - South Capture Point (Gaseous Icy Magnet Aura, 1/5 Pool) [Druidic Steel Greatsword]  {Right leg burned, Left arm gone, Chest bleeding in two places} [+1]
Coolrune:  Jefro - West Outer Fort, South (4 Pool)

Quote from: Control Point Status
North: Neutral
East: East
South: Neutral
West: Neutral

Flabort, remember you have this one chance at a full respec since you replaced in.

For the record, Blind is -2 melee dex, -3 ranged dex, and makes long range attacks impossible for anything requiring sight.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:34:05 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Spoiler: West Reinforcing (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: West is still best (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: note to GM (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Respawn West (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 08:37:27 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

"Watch where you are shooting at!"

Spoiler: West Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Wandering East (click to show/hide)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

I almost got a case of Wandering Eye.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35