Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 301

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Arstotzka] {COMPLETED}  (Read 376919 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Arstotzka]
« Reply #375 on: April 03, 2017, 01:24:19 pm »

it should be permanent that was the point of them, anyway I', torn between the same thing or maybe designing our ships out of crystal so they float better.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 03, 2017, 01:28:39 pm »

Limit-Function Smooth Crystal: Here's how to make crystal into a smooth cylinder. Suppose you have a crystal with five edges. If you increase the number of edges to 20, the crystal is much more round because there isn't much distance between the edges. The more edges you use, the more round it is. As the number of edges approaches infinity, the crystal becomes a smooth cylinder. Hence, approximate smoothness by greatly increasing the number of edges.

((Calculus! Limits, to be precise.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 03, 2017, 01:51:53 pm »

to be fair, smoothness is something we will need for ships.

although, is there anything else we need?
better fireballs so that we can have more effective ships?
improved wasps who can fly against the wind?
The forever frost revision could be a nice idea, although I am not entirely sure we should delve too much in a field in which they have so much advantage.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 03, 2017, 02:17:45 pm »

Crystals still last 24 hours, and rely on mages for maintainance outside of combat.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 03, 2017, 02:24:01 pm »

That is permanent enough for our needs.
Although, it is a strong hint to not build entirely crystal ships.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 03, 2017, 03:41:55 pm »

Remember people, we have an ore bonus in the mountains. We don't need to use crystals for everything, we can have a metal or wooden shaft with crystals on top.

My vote however is for

Greater Horse availability Revising our current horses to be more easily available. This should be a simple revision(lowering cost without adding features = Simple), and it will be highly effective against Moskurgians everywhere. Our cavalry is already better than theirs, even the numbers, and they will be devastated.

All our cavalry can be armored, many can be armed with swords, the rest with axes (Extremely good weapons against an unarmored enemy).

Order : Deploy Myark with the Fire staff out at sea. I want to see the enemy go up in flames.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - 916 [Arstotzka]
« Reply #381 on: April 03, 2017, 03:56:25 pm »

Focused Forever Frost Forces Fleeing Forenians Underground(-1)
Extend its range and power by limiting its angle. The intention being to extend the range to hit clouds based upon the theory that both snow and storms come from clouds and snow is colder. But do try to control its angle so that it can also be directed to the ground somewhat, although making snow fall should be effective at reducing the temperature of a region...

Permanent Pole-axe Production(-1)
Continuous Crystal Construction Construes Countless Creations Crafted Clear of Combat(read: Making crystal weapons away from the battlefield.). If we can get it to work then we can make those ships we wanted.

I do not see much value in horse spam. The horses are clearly their best unit unit, and have had many upgrades, so it works for them, somewhat, but also represent a weakness because all their stuff is horses now. It means that you can dump all your upgrades to that one unit, but the enemy can do the same against them.

P.S.
Magic Lances:  [6]  With just a little work you manage to solve the thickening problem, creating usable, light lances with the tensile strength of steel for your chargers.  This will significantly increase your capability in melee.  As a side-effect of Jibril Saadiya's experimentation with conjuring different materials you feel confident that you can now conjure, at least temporarily, pure forms of most simple materials in configurable shapes (currently based around cylinders or rods of varying thickness and length).
I kind of assumed that we would not be having problems with cylinders and rods after this but it does specify "simple materials" so crystals may not be available evn though it was a crystal revision, or at least I think it was? The lances are where the crystals came from in the first place...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 01:55:11 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 03, 2017, 04:04:38 pm »

A lance is not necessarily smooth

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 03, 2017, 04:21:57 pm »

Remember people, we have an ore bonus in the mountains. We don't need to use crystals for everything, we can have a metal or wooden shaft with crystals on top.
Given this, I'll vote something else instead of smooth crystal.
~~~
Order : Deploy Myark with the Fire staff out at sea. I want to see the enemy go up in flames.
+1. I'm convinced.
~~~
Permanent Pole-axe Production(-1)
Continuous Crystal Construction Construes Countless Creations Crafted Clear of Combat. If we can get it to work then we can make those ships we wanted.
This I'll +1. Increase the duration of our crystal. Not necessarily permanent yet, but any significant increase would be good.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 05:02:25 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 03, 2017, 04:42:07 pm »

-1. We need him more in the jungle.

Duels between Wizards are determined entirely by how the wider battle goes. They're not handled separatly. Sending Myark into the Jungle simply means that he'll be knocked out again, without any usefull effect whatsover.

If however we send him towards the sea, and do well enough there, we can deploy use our troop carrying sea vessels to attack the Jungle from the flanks, thus bypassing the issue. Point of the matter is, we can use Myark anywhere, as long as it's not the Jungle.

We could use it to attack the Moskurgians in the plains. We just made a pretty snazzy weapon, so we could take the plains back.

This I'll +1. Increase the duration of our crystal. Not necessarily permanent yet, but any significant increase would be good.

Once again, I must note that researching new technology using revisions carries massive penalties. New technologies have to be done in design actions, not in revisions.

Please stop stabbing ourselves in the foot.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 04:44:25 pm by 10ebbor10 »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 03, 2017, 05:02:02 pm »

Increasing duration is an improvement, not something entirely new.

That said, I see now why sending Myark to the sea makes sense. Action changed.
Generic Arms Race.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 03, 2017, 05:05:31 pm »

Increasing duration is an improvement, not something entirely new.
I somehow misread that action entirely. Should go and sleep, getting tired.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 03, 2017, 05:23:58 pm »

+1 to to increasing the duration it'll just help in general.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 03, 2017, 06:19:27 pm »

-1. We need him more in the jungle.

Duels between Wizards are determined entirely by how the wider battle goes. They're not handled separatly. Sending Myark into the Jungle simply means that he'll be knocked out again, without any usefull effect whatsover.

If however we send him towards the sea, and do well enough there, we can deploy use our troop carrying sea vessels to attack the Jungle from the flanks, thus bypassing the issue. Point of the matter is, we can use Myark anywhere, as long as it's not the Jungle.

We could use it to attack the Moskurgians in the plains. We just made a pretty snazzy weapon, so we could take the plains back.

I did not know that. +1 to sending Myark to the Western Sea.

Also +1 to Permanent Pole Axe Production. With an addendum, can't we just make the poleaxe handles out of wood or metal? They don't have to be entirely crystal, so would anyone like to try an Order to manufacture wood/metal non-magical poleaxe handles?

United Forenia Forever!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 03, 2017, 08:32:01 pm »

Revise Crystal long Axes so that they can be maintained by apprentices outside battle, even if it takes a wizard to summon them, making them more widely available to our troops. 

We should also probably make the material slightly heavier then balance the weapon in general, rather then making it ultra light.

Also did we forget to put a spear tip on the top...
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 301