Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 301

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Arstotzka] {COMPLETED}  (Read 376960 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Arstotzka]
« Reply #1395 on: April 29, 2017, 07:21:54 pm »

The cannons are already fitted onto the boats. We don't need to make a design or revision of the boats with the cannon fitted. I'm personally iffy on turning down the frost tower, but am not enough on either side to vote for/against it.

And to Roboson: Counter counter off:
25% of new apprentices (I assume we were already referring to apprentices)
40% of tundra guard
40% Jungle Cavalry
50% all non-jungle cavalry
4 cannons
All the crystal weapons we can give them without sacrificing production in other areas.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: April 29, 2017, 07:31:11 pm »

The main advantage of no cannons is that the enemy shouldn't see them until we are ready to go all-out.

If we kill the jungle then it is not just losing our advantage there but I can only see the bonus becoming more kegger-friendly if the trees are all gone.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: April 29, 2017, 07:32:35 pm »

Yeah which I thought of a counter too but was too late. Only good it did was kill their formation game.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 29, 2017, 07:33:32 pm »

And to Roboson: Counter counter off:
40% of tundra guard
40% Jungle Cavalry
4 cannons
All the crystal weapons we can give them without sacrificing production in other areas.

Ugh, whatever. If our lack of cavalry in jungle costs us, its on you though. I'm not particularly fine with this, but in the spirit of moving things along, it will have to do.

Order: Jungle conservation.
+1 for turning off the tower of frost (maybe send it somewhere else for a bit).  Not for lowering our fire use, that can't be helped.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: April 29, 2017, 07:38:16 pm »

We were losing drastically last combat phase. If we go back in with only more apprentices, it won't change. The cannon is desperately needed to counteract their ballistae.

Roboson, how about 30% jungle cavalry instead of 40%?
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: April 29, 2017, 07:41:50 pm »

Its just that we're already losing the jungle, so to weaken ourselves there seems a bit unnecessary. 30% is better than 40% I suppose, but either way, its still going to weaken our position. I'm just ready to move on.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: April 29, 2017, 07:51:36 pm »

Alright, I raised tundra garrison to 55% and lowered jungle cavalry to 25%. I would have preferred higher amounts of cavalry, but I suppose this works.
Final Proposal?
55% of tundra garrison (including cavalry)
25% Jungle Cavalry
4 cannons

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: April 29, 2017, 08:12:20 pm »

Alright, I raised tundra garrison to 55% and lowered jungle cavalry to 25%. I would have preferred higher amounts of cavalry, but I suppose this works.
Final Proposal?
55% of tundra garrison (including cavalry)
25% Jungle Cavalry
4 cannons
I'll second that list.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: April 29, 2017, 08:15:13 pm »

I assume that we have forces in the mountains, otherwise they could move in just by turning up. Just saying.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 29, 2017, 08:29:09 pm »

I assume that we have forces in the mountains, otherwise they could move in just by turning up. Just saying.

We do, they play Magic the Gathering basically all the time. Honestly, if we ever want a moral bonus, we just need to learn how to enchant these cards to show tiny holograms of the creatures depicted. Literally everyone would lose their shit.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: April 29, 2017, 08:29:52 pm »

Cultural victory.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 29, 2017, 08:37:55 pm »

Cultural victory.

You may be onto something there...

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 29, 2017, 09:10:09 pm »

I prefer plunge the world into an ice age victory.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: April 29, 2017, 09:12:37 pm »

That's actually an interesting idea. Make the tower of frost a superweapon - a range encompassing multiple theatres. Lets see how those Moskurgians like the cold in their own capital!

Also: In the future, we could really get an advantage by making anti-magic scatterbombs.

The point wouldn't be the bomb part. It'd be the anti-magic parts. We could revise the anti-magic bomb to leave behind active anti-magic crystals and fit them into shells for the Hybrid Cannon. (This would hopefully take one revision, but if we wanted to play it extremely safe it could be two.)
Then the cannon would leave anti-magic "fallout" where it hits. Basically being able to tactically deny parts of the battlefield for enemy mages.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: April 29, 2017, 09:52:46 pm »

My plan for antimagic is to make a derivative of the bomb that is more intense. Figure out why it lefts the crystals alone and make it overwhelm that. It should be enough to suck up the enemy antimagic. Two antimagics meeting and neither persisting... Well, our charms would probably survive if we used sound but throwing fully-functional and stable charms into the enemy ranks seems just a bit too much for them not to espionage that. It wouldn't work that way for the same reason that lightning hurts soldiers in full-body metal armour and they can fit ballistae on boats that are as long as the ballistae are tall, but I would still feel bad about throwing good technology into the enemy and having it just vanish as soon as they touched it because game fiat.
Still, the theory really ought to work because, well, they are making a magical effect, it just isn't being triggered by our antimagic which is mostly mundane. If we can get our antimagic to recognise theirs, then ours should defeat theirs in the ensuing fight.

I suppose that they 'might' be using backup mages to blow the antimagic particles, which would have to be physical, unless they have magic-wind which would probably be noticeable once it pushes our spellcraft formations around.

*idea for later: revise firballs to make craters to mess up open ground...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 301