Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 301

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Arstotzka] {COMPLETED}  (Read 376909 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Arstotzka]
« Reply #1410 on: April 29, 2017, 10:11:48 pm »

Just a design or revision to throw in:
Steam Jet Engine: using our steam engine tech and a lesson from our steam hybrid Cannon it requires two mages. One to launch a streamlined fire ball. The other obscuring mist fog into chambers. The heat builds and steam works the same as others.

The difference? Pipes lead to a boiler value and stores pockets of steam until pressure builds and with a valve switch is released a jet of steam is released. The pressure and heat release in theory should help propulsion and be a bonus weapon in certain hands.

( ingredient in tank and iron clad unit idea.)
Edit: Keeps wheels/rollers just bonus water jet.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: April 29, 2017, 10:18:57 pm »

Oh, and summon water is kind of an obvious thing to add to the cannons. I find it difficult to believe that it won't be a vast improvement in both loading and cooling speeds and I rather suspect that summoning the water directly into the chamber rather than dropping it in would produce a bigger boom.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: April 29, 2017, 10:35:46 pm »

Am I the only person who thinks that combining our fireball and summon fog spell into a summon steam spell would save us a lot of work?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: April 29, 2017, 10:41:03 pm »

Am I the only person who thinks that combining our fireball and summon fog spell into a summon steam spell would save us a lot of work?

I would prefer to combine the fog and fireball spell into a death fire cloud.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: April 29, 2017, 10:45:38 pm »

I think the only thing to do soon with the hybrid cannon now is increase of accuracy to let it snipe. Otherwise we should probably use a design to improve any of our other spells. It does its job for now, hopefully.
I guess we'll see what we need to address in the next combat phase.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: April 29, 2017, 11:06:33 pm »

If we were Moskurg we could just add rifling...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: April 29, 2017, 11:09:03 pm »

If we were Moskurg we could just add rifling...

Not sure what rifling has to do with Moskurg, but we may want to invest in rifling to fix our accuracy issue.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: April 29, 2017, 11:57:28 pm »

I honestly don't think that we need accuracy. We have volume of fire and can increase it. Getting a water spell would increase rate-of-fire and antimagic bombs are already cluster ammunition...
Read the First Post!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: April 30, 2017, 12:05:29 am »

I honestly don't think that we need accuracy. We have volume of fire and can increase it. Getting a water spell would increase rate-of-fire and antimagic bombs are already cluster ammunition...

It would be nice if our cannons could be used to take out their ballistas. Or their mages. Or their commanders. Right now it sounds like we can aim them, but like all smoothbore weapons, they don't fly straight.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: April 30, 2017, 12:33:51 am »

It would be nice if our cannons could be used to take out their ballistas. Or their mages. Or their commanders. Right now it sounds like we can aim them, but like all smoothbore weapons, they don't fly straight.
that's fixable, and honestly there is nothing preventing us from developing a spell to increase our accuracy.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: April 30, 2017, 12:35:15 am »

that's fixable, and honestly there is nothing preventing us from developing a spell to increase our accuracy.

My point was we should fix it.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: April 30, 2017, 12:41:49 am »

Just couple ideas:

Danger Sense: Counter lucky shot by predicting the shot, thus dodging.

Ship Repair: Advantfe of Dog Wand. As our ship hulls are wood and can summon wood. We can fix our battered ships at sea. Just accelerate/induce haul growth to repair.

Land Ship: My take on steam engine water wagon. Has four huge wheels with blades. Armor. Steam engine with exhaust jet for blasting, mobile hybrid Cannon and slits (damn you phone) for bows/fire balls. Could double as troop transport or invest in a Sister unit as a ancient apc (hey it exists. Trojan horse. Just combat efficient.)

That design should kick ass in open plains the sand heathens love so much.

* 2 main designs left.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 01:13:54 am by Tyrant Leviathan »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: April 30, 2017, 01:02:50 am »

Just couple ideas:

Danger Sense: Counter lucky shot by predicting the shot, thus dodging.

Ship Repair: Advantfe of Dog Wand. As our ship hulls are wood and can summon wood. We can fix our battered ships at sea. Just accelerate/induce haul growth to repair.

Land Ship: My take on steam engine water wagon. Has four huge wheels with blades. Armor. Steam engine with exhaust jet for blasting, mobile hybrid Cannon and sluts for bows/fire balls. Could double as troop transport or invest in a Sister unit as a ancient apc (hey it exists. Trojan horse. Just combat efficient.)

Danger sense is new tech, but they have it so maybe we can get a cheapening from observing. I prefer living magic, we can make crystal shields that observe and defend autonomously. Their antimagic is getting more range, but it is still very short ranged, and we should be able to make a magic syphon that acts as a barrier against it, and it would stop prediction also.

I like transforming still-living trees(Something coastal for salt-resistance) into ship hulls, for the same effect, but more awesome...
sluts for bows/fire balls
Would be crippling effective against Moskurg, but we don't want to go there...

Is mundane accuracy going to help with that? We can't even see them until we are inside of their preferred range. I figure that we are aiming at locations rather than materiel...
Read the First Post!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: April 30, 2017, 01:15:35 am »

Oh I like you enjoy the plant magic add on. My next design post is all my ideas there. ALL of them, given time. Then bring up the boat. ( we do need a new boat though. Researched history. Turtle boats caught my interest.)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: April 30, 2017, 01:19:34 am »

2 designs per person, otherwise we get too much clutter.

Oh, and please don't start another long term project before we get the steam engines going.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 301