Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: horses and spiders  (Read 77305 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Charity Mission of Murder
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2017, 01:39:20 pm »

Evert. Do I still feel like staying in the room in this form? If so, lie down on one of these convenient human-sized beds and sleep.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2017, 02:43:53 pm »

Fall back to a building, continue to rip and tear
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2017, 10:16:53 pm »

Thrips started to step out of the kitchen towards the barn, then saw and heard the commotion and stopped, wide-eyed.
After a moment's panicky thought, he turns and ducks back inside, bustling about in the kitchen once more.

After a quick glance at the situation- where are the enemies, are they in the barn or outside? Did they come on foot? -rush back into the kitchen and see if I can find a container of hot oil, or failing that, boiling water. If none of either are to be found, put some on to heat up whilst arming myself with a rolling pin and a metal saucepan.

Shove the rolling pin in a coat pocket and try to somehow stick the pan's handle through my belt or something so that it stays there. Also might as well shove plenty of (preferably heavy) metal utensils into my other pocket. A mallet wouldn't go astray either, if I see one tuck that through my belt as well.

If I can't find some of that stuff quickly, ignore it. Main thing is the hot liquid and the smaller saucepan.
Either steal some heat-proof gloves or wrap fabric around the container's handle(s) to protect my hands from burning, then grab it and carry/drag it outside and head for the barn.

Try and find an entrance to the barn that isn't surrounded by enemies, make my way in and try to get up to the loft without spilling my load. Hopefully years of experience carrying armfuls of pots, pans and spillable items have made me fairly adept at such tasks...

IF a hostile approaches me as I try to reach the barn, first off try and act natural, like a member of the cooking staff horrified by the scene in front of me. If that fails, pour some hot water/oil onto their feet (or head, if they're around my height) and clobber them with a rolling pin or mallet.

((Good gods I did not intend for this to be so long. Sorry about that. If I had, y'know, some sort of weapon I could have just charged over there, but alas.))   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2017, 10:33:02 pm »

Pas'qet

Depending on how murderous and/or impulsive I'm feeling at the moment, either:

(a) Excuse myself with a curt "Whup. Sorly.", and slink back to the barn

or

(b) confiscate one or both of the man's lungs as punishment for defying me, excuse myself with a smug "Whup. Sorly.", and strut back to the barn.

In either case, re-enter through the entrance I previously exited. Upon stumbling upon the unfolding battle, do whatever my instincts tell me to do.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2017, 02:38:02 pm »

Horatio
I facepalm. I decide to wait and hide a bit (one turn) and see what happens.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2017, 04:03:49 am »

How much room is there inside the crate?  Enough to stand up?  Examine the room outside the crate, what's approaching, and how sturdy the crate looks to be.  Unfold from the lie-down if the fight looks interesting.

How am I feeling after the enforced nap?  Am I hungry or thirsty?

You are not hungry, but you are thirsty. the enforced nap was brought on while you were eating, after all. There is enough room in teh crate for yu to stand in a low crouch, tail curled around you. You can turn about and so forth but cannot straighten to your full extent. the fight does seem interesting. There is shouting, someone screaming, and there are several 'not mine' out there fighting with at least one 'mine.'

Hearing the commotion of swords and blood Giglam smashes his way out of the crate and quickly climbs up to the loft taking out his sling and readying to fire on the aggressive non omega-thugs
You knock open your crate door and haul fin to the loft. you grab a chunk of metal and put it into your sling and start swinging it overhead. You are now a half shark, half man, standing in the loft of a stable, twirling a sling above your grinning head.

"What? Ambush!" one of the hostiles yells. Not that it wasn't painfully evident a turn ago.

"Aw, you almost made it out! Look, there's even others and stuff ready to help you.
Well, that's enough of that. Time for me to have a bit of proper fun."

Take my boredom out on the poor kid. I can't exactly say what form this takes, so I'll leave it up to you and the dice - some form of physical/psychological torture.
(4) you slowly put out the kid's eyes and cut off his pinky fingers and toes. then you whisper lullabies into his ears as he cries. You monster.

Evert. Do I still feel like staying in the room in this form? If so, lie down on one of these convenient human-sized beds and sleep.
Well, the room is kinda gross and mangy, but you've slept in worse. Sometimes being a surveyor was unpleasant, though later in your career, you tended to find better acomodations. You don't feel compelled to remain here in human form. Carolyn does feel a disturbance in 'the plan,' as if a million officers cried out and wre suddenly silenced by the massive stupidity of their subordinates. Something ain't right in tinsel town, yo. And by tinsel town, I mean the stable.

Fall back to a building, continue to rip and tear
Fall back? you know what bloodlust does? You've gone berserk. You wilingly surrendered to the bloodlust. Well, this deserves a roll against will. (5) you do have that luck in combat, don't you? You fall back to the Stable and strength in numbers. 95) vs. (6) and (3) you are unable to kill this turn, but at least your opponents are unable to kill you.

Thrips started to step out of the kitchen towards the barn, then saw and heard the commotion and stopped, wide-eyed.
After a moment's panicky thought, he turns and ducks back inside, bustling about in the kitchen once more.

After a quick glance at the situation- where are the enemies, are they in the barn or outside? Did they come on foot? -rush back into the kitchen and see if I can find a container of hot oil, or failing that, boiling water. If none of either are to be found, put some on to heat up whilst arming myself with a rolling pin and a metal saucepan.

Shove the rolling pin in a coat pocket and try to somehow stick the pan's handle through my belt or something so that it stays there. Also might as well shove plenty of (preferably heavy) metal utensils into my other pocket. A mallet wouldn't go astray either, if I see one tuck that through my belt as well.

If I can't find some of that stuff quickly, ignore it. Main thing is the hot liquid and the smaller saucepan.
Either steal some heat-proof gloves or wrap fabric around the container's handle(s) to protect my hands from burning, then grab it and carry/drag it outside and head for the barn.

Try and find an entrance to the barn that isn't surrounded by enemies, make my way in and try to get up to the loft without spilling my load. Hopefully years of experience carrying armfuls of pots, pans and spillable items have made me fairly adept at such tasks...

IF a hostile approaches me as I try to reach the barn, first off try and act natural, like a member of the cooking staff horrified by the scene in front of me. If that fails, pour some hot water/oil onto their feet (or head, if they're around my height) and clobber them with a rolling pin or mallet.

((Good gods I did not intend for this to be so long. Sorry about that. If I had, y'know, some sort of weapon I could have just charged over there, but alas.))   
((Thrips is, without a doubt, the most hilarious of the lot.))

You walk out into the courtyard and see the stable doors closed. "That's odd" you think. "Someone in there must be competent. They didn't want anyone running in from the kitchen." Then you hear the screams, and start thinking of pots and pans. "I should make up a pot of stew. People'll be hungry after the fight." You stroll back inside the kitchen, humming a cooking tune - well, actually, the lyrics have to do with whores, drinking, and sailing, but it was a popular tune in the kitchen you used to work in - and pick up a rolling pin. (5)  Ah, there! hot oil! You grab some oven mitts and take the pot back out toward the stable. You can either go around the side to the open end where the fighting is (and be more or less cut off from your team, but behind the enemy) or try to open the stable door and go straight down the aisle toward the ruckus, with the cart and the crates in between you and the commotion. Climbing ot hte loft wit ha pot of hot anything is straight out, though - all the ladders are just that - ladders.

Pas'qet

Depending on how murderous and/or impulsive I'm feeling at the moment, either:

(a) Excuse myself with a curt "Whup. Sorly.", and slink back to the barn

or

(b) confiscate one or both of the man's lungs as punishment for defying me, excuse myself with a smug "Whup. Sorly.", and strut back to the barn.

In either case, re-enter through the entrance I previously exited. Upon stumbling upon the unfolding battle, do whatever my instincts tell me to do.
You walk back down the road with a self satisfied smile as the entirely innocent bystander lies dead on the ground behind you. You monster. "Now, where was I?" You wonder momentarily. Only to realize that you have no idea which of these buildings you came out of.

Horatio
I facepalm. I decide to wait and hide a bit (one turn) and see what happens.
Well, that one guy backs up to the barn, and the enemy are chasing him, the doll thingy is distracted by a helpless kid, the shark is screaming war chants that may or may not make sense underwater, the drake is getting restless, and half the team is someplace else entirely. More than half. so, right now it looks like it's seven vs. three? Four if you count the boss.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2017, 01:17:34 pm »

"Hmmm...."

Walk back to the corpse, and begin breaking it down while I try to remember details about the barn. Begin by extracting the bones and the organs, then eat the skin and the clothes. Finally, suck up any residual evidence off the ground. Dry off any parts that prove too large or unwieldy to swallow and stuff them down the front of my robes for the time being.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2017, 01:54:48 pm »

Try to pick people off with the bow and continue to move back, try to get something between me and the people

Rolland let's out a laugh as he'd fall back
"Yes! YES! Now this is a good fight!"
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 01:59:01 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2017, 02:05:37 pm »

Caroline rubs her eyes.
"Dammit. No time for rest when there's a charlie foxtrot going down."

Get back to the barn and see what they're fucking up this time. Are there any combat operations where this doesn't happen?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2017, 03:12:17 pm »

Horatio

Well, I guess I should do something. I puff with Demon Dust (hot almost napalm-like dust) and fire a quick short (not all of it) high-pressured (almost like a beam) burst at an enemy that's not close to an ally. I try to shoot other enemies to but when an ally is close and I could hit him instead, I don't fire.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 03:55:47 am by Loki987 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2017, 04:34:52 pm »

Play 'This Little Piggy' by pulling out his remaining finger and toenails. Then make him eat them.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2017, 06:27:01 am »

Thrips rounded the corner to where the action was happening, his lazy eye drifting off-course from stress as he tried to work out a plan on the spot. Other than that, his face is expressionless- right now he is focused entirely on lugging this oil and trying to do something at least marginally helpful with it.

Attempt to wander up behind the enemies whilst they're distracted by my lunatic teammates.
Did I manage to grab a smaller, one-handed sort of pot or pan? If so, use that to fling burning oil at them (the enemies) if it can fit inside whatever container I'm carrying this oil in. Otherwise, just pour some on their legs or feet if I can get close enough. Either way, try not to suffer an attack of PTSD at the idea of people being burned with cooking materials. >.>

If any hostiles spot me, do my best "clueless kitchenhand just passing by on the job" act. Gasp in surprise at the sight of this violent scene and stammer out a few folksy sayings, oaths, curses and/or colloquialisms to adequately convey the shock and horror it inspires in my harmless, menial-labouring little heart.
If that doesn't work and they make a hostile move towards me, chuck/dump oil at/on them and then, if they aren't incapacitated, run.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2017, 12:20:29 am »

Push against the crate door.  Has it been secured?

If so:  Stay in the crate and look at the fighters.  Do any of them look weak?  Which one is the one in charge?

If not:  Creep out of the crate and slowly approach the fighters.  Do any of them look weak?  Which one is in charge?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 03:11:15 am by Devastator »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2017, 02:11:42 am »

Continue yelling warcries as I start flinging bits of metal at peoples faces
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2017, 05:40:25 pm »

"Hmmm...."

Walk back to the corpse, and begin breaking it down while I try to remember details about the barn. Begin by extracting the bones and the organs, then eat the skin and the clothes. Finally, suck up any residual evidence off the ground. Dry off any parts that prove too large or unwieldy to swallow and stuff them down the front of my robes for the time being.
All you remember by the time you are finished your disgusting clean up - in front of a small group of horrified onlookers - is that the barn was behind whichever building you came out of, and that the building was on this stretch of road. So that narrows it down to ten or twelve buildings to check.

Try to pick people off with the bow and continue to move back, try to get something between me and the people

Rolland let's out a laugh as he'd fall back
"Yes! YES! Now this is a good fight!"
You're in melee with your sword and you want to switch weapons? to a ranged weapon? I'm gonna roll an intelligence check to save you from yourself here. (3)good enough, I guess. You continue to fight defensively. Now, depending on how many others get involved this round, we'll see if you get overwhelmed next round or not. As it is, you (6) leap into a stable stall, getting the gate between you and your attackers. the horse inside is having none of it though, and gets rather antsy. your bloodlust is having none of it either, and demands that you climb back out and take the fight to the enemy.

Caroline rubs her eyes.
"Dammit. No time for rest when there's a charlie foxtrot going down."

Get back to the barn and see what they're fucking up this time. Are there any combat operations where this doesn't happen?
You get back to the closed barn door, slide it pen a bit and peek inside. Combat is what's happening. nd ... no, I don't think there's been a single - oh, maybe the one underwater on top of the elevator in the underdwarf mission. that one didn't involve a lot of random fuckery, to my memory.

Horatio

Well, I guess I should do something. I puff with Demon Dust (hot almost napalm-like dust) and fire a quick short (not all of it) high-pressured (almost like a beam) burst at an enemy that's not close to an ally. I try to shoot other enemies to but when an ally is close and I could hit him instead, I don't fire.
(2) You fire your breath weapon at an enemy near the doors, but the stuff just spreads out up in the loft area and dissipates.

Play 'This Little Piggy' by pulling out his remaining finger and toenails. Then make him eat them.
(2) the boy finds some courage when you start on his next digit, and throws you off the loft, screaming and bleeding. (1) you land in the water trough and sink to the bottom.

Thrips rounded the corner to where the action was happening, his lazy eye drifting off-course from stress as he tried to work out a plan on the spot. Other than that, his face is expressionless- right now he is focused entirely on lugging this oil and trying to do something at least marginally helpful with it.

Attempt to wander up behind the enemies whilst they're distracted by my lunatic teammates.
Did I manage to grab a smaller, one-handed sort of pot or pan? If so, use that to fling burning oil at them (the enemies) if it can fit inside whatever container I'm carrying this oil in. Otherwise, just pour some on their legs or feet if I can get close enough. Either way, try not to suffer an attack of PTSD at the idea of people being burned with cooking materials. >.>

If any hostiles spot me, do my best "clueless kitchenhand just passing by on the job" act. Gasp in surprise at the sight of this violent scene and stammer out a few folksy sayings, oaths, curses and/or colloquialisms to adequately convey the shock and horror it inspires in my harmless, menial-labouring little heart.
If that doesn't work and they make a hostile move towards me, chuck/dump oil at/on them and then, if they aren't incapacitated, run.

yeah, I can say you got the small, handled pan. (3) the pan doesn't fit in the pot. you get near one of the figures and chuck the oil at him. It splashes against the barn door and the ground and gets on his clothes and boots. He dodges around a bit and yanks off his shirt, snarling. looks like you have his full attention. Well, you and the oil burns, have his full attention.

Push against the crate door.  Has it been secured?

If so:  Stay in the crate and look at the fighters.  Do any of them look weak?  Which one is the one in charge?

If not:  Creep out of the crate and slowly approach the fighters.  Do any of them look weak?  Which one is in charge?

The crate is not secure, so you creep out. There are seven enemies, and by the looks of it, the large guy in the doorway is in charge. he is furry, with pointy ears and sharp teeth, and carries two long, curved blades. The others are a motley collection of humanoids with various instruments of death on hand. (5) on sight of you. the leader barks out a quick order, and the whole group falls back into the street, facing the stable and edging away, weapons raised. A shimmer rises in the air around the edges of the group.

Continue yelling warcries as I start flinging bits of metal at peoples faces
(3) You manage to get a couple hits in. One of the enemies is bleeding from an arm and a leg.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44