Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: horses and spiders  (Read 77316 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: horses and spiders
« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2017, 03:44:24 pm »

Good. Keep scrubbing or whatever until it's all off.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2017, 03:44:57 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Thrips let out a sigh of something along the lines of relief. At least one disaster had been prevented from getting any worse... although as he glanced back at the blazing barn he wondered if it hadn't just been replaced by another.
"Um, thank ye for the rescue an' all, sirs," Thrips speaks up after a moment, "D'you mind if I'll be gettin' home now? Looks like'm out of a job, after all. Guess I should prob'ly be lettin' the guards know about them bad folk back there, too, save you sirs the trouble."

Graciously thank my "rescuers", and offer to report the trouble (without implicating their group, of course) to the authorities, thus saving them the hassle of doing so themselves.

If I am allowed to leave, thank them again and wander off down a random street to the left or right.
Turn off and make my way back to the barn once I am out of their sight, unless something interesting happens to distract me along the way. "Interesting" is a pretty broad category, this is a big exciting city and I'm pretty well cashed up, after all. If I reach the vicinity of the barn, stay a safe distance from the flames for now.   

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2017, 03:49:15 pm »

Look at the corpses.  And the leader-guy.  Start getting antsy at being made to stand here while there's food right there.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2017, 03:56:32 pm »

Well then, let's take a look at where those tiny little spiders are going, shall we?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 03, 2017, 06:32:01 pm »

More water but avoid the growing lattice of magic crap
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 05, 2017, 05:17:45 am »

Does the yellow smoke (or does only the foam goop do something) have any special properties or does it act like regular smoke, if it does something special, I could breathe it in so I can reproduce it.
In my character description I said the gasses work when they come in contact with organic material, I orginally meant creatures, plants, etc. but you could say it would also work with wood.
So first I tell Giglam to go out. Then I puff with Jotun's breath (freezing agent) and release it in the stalble (only if no teammates are still inside). Also avoid the weirdgrowing magic stuff.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 02:22:23 pm by Loki987 »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 05, 2017, 11:32:06 am »

Pick a random direction. Phase shift as fast as I can forward, beak first, through the crowd and down the street. Keep going until either physics stop me, or the mob is well out of sight.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 05, 2017, 07:31:44 pm »

Good. Keep scrubbing or whatever until it's all off.
You get it off. You are pockmarked and creaky, but functional.  Ugly as sin though. Lost a couple fingers and a toe in the process.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Thrips let out a sigh of something along the lines of relief. At least one disaster had been prevented from getting any worse... although as he glanced back at the blazing barn he wondered if it hadn't just been replaced by another.
"Um, thank ye for the rescue an' all, sirs," Thrips speaks up after a moment, "D'you mind if I'll be gettin' home now? Looks like'm out of a job, after all. Guess I should prob'ly be lettin' the guards know about them bad folk back there, too, save you sirs the trouble."

Graciously thank my "rescuers", and offer to report the trouble (without implicating their group, of course) to the authorities, thus saving them the hassle of doing so themselves.

If I am allowed to leave, thank them again and wander off down a random street to the left or right.
Turn off and make my way back to the barn once I am out of their sight, unless something interesting happens to distract me along the way. "Interesting" is a pretty broad category, this is a big exciting city and I'm pretty well cashed up, after all. If I reach the vicinity of the barn, stay a safe distance from the flames for now.   

(2) they continue to drag you along until you are well away from the barn. They suggest that it isn't worth your time to report the trouble, but they won't stop you if you do.
You follow the smoke back to the barn.

Look at the corpses.  And the leader-guy.  Start getting antsy at being made to stand here while there's food right there.
Steady on, Frederick. He gives you teh 'stay' gesture, and pats your neck. Fire dims. Yellow smoke pours out of the building. It makes you uncomfortable. You want to back away from it.

Well then, let's take a look at where those tiny little spiders are going, shall we?
(2) One of your eyeballs rolls in the dirt. The fire glints. the smoke stings. You feel none of it.

More water but avoid the growing lattice of magic crap
(4) hey look at taht, you found the courtyard well. (3) you wet down the walls that were catching. (3) you hear shouts from out front of the building when you are in the courtyard for a second bucketful. Sounds like someone has spotted the smoke. And something about a demon too. You turn back to a sparkling blue on the floor ofhte Barn, and a billowing, roiling, raging yellow blackness in the air.

Does the yellow smoke (or does only the foam goop do something) have any special properties or does it act like regular smoke, if it does something special, I could breathe it in so I can reproduce it.
In my character description I said the gasses work when they come in contact with organic material, I orginally meant creatures, plants, etc. but you could say it would also work with wood.
So first I tell Giglam to go out. Then I puff with Jotun's breath (freezing agent) and release it in the stalble (only if no teammates are still inside). Also avoid the weirdgrowing magic stuff.

You won't know what the alien deathsmoke does until you inhale it. (6) you coat everything that is burning in your freezing breath. The flames dim dramatically and begin to recede. The lattice grows exponentially though, and the yellow smoke rushes at you with a vengeance.

Pick a random direction. Phase shift as fast as I can forward, beak first, through the crowd and down the street. Keep going until either physics stop me, or the mob is well out of sight.
You escape the crowd. You hear calls of "Fire!" and "Devil!" behind you. The crowd seems torn as to what to do.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 05, 2017, 08:12:31 pm »

Climb out of the water tub and walk ominously out of the barn, probably backlit by the yellow smoke and fire. Scarred grin and all that.

"So, what's next?" Gak says to no one in particular as the barn continues to burn.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 05, 2017, 08:20:40 pm »

Climb out of the water tub and walk ominously out of the barn, probably backlit by the yellow smoke and fire. Scarred grin and all that.

"So, what's next?" Gak says to no one in particular as the barn continues to burn.
Toss a empty bucket to this guy ruining the dramatic tention

You can bloody help clean up your mess and put out this fire

Keep trying to contain the fire
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 05, 2017, 09:52:17 pm »

(2) One of your eyeballs rolls in the dirt. The fire glints. the smoke stings. You feel none of it.
But what am "I", really? Surely Caroline is in no condition to feel this, but I could contend that she is also in no condition to not feel it. I, myself, have felt a great many things and been great many beings. Why, then, can't I simply take a peek, and see what's under the covers?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 06, 2017, 12:50:43 am »

Start growling at the smoke

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 06, 2017, 01:32:11 pm »

Find a nice side alley to get cornered hide out in while my admirers work out their excitement.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 06, 2017, 02:30:26 pm »

Escape the barn, while doing so breathe a small dose of the smoke, so I can reproduce it. When I do this I become immume to the smoke. Avoid the lattice.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 03:08:04 pm by Loki987 »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 06, 2017, 06:59:32 pm »

Stand around watching the team's activities.
Possibly with an open-mouthed gawp if anything especially stupid seems to be happening. If any smoke or other substances comes my way, retreat to a safe distance. Actually, do that if it even looks like things might get worse. Keep an eye out for unknown people approaching the area, too, and attempt to call, whistle to or even just wave frantically at the captain if I spot any.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44