Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: horses and spiders  (Read 77391 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: horses and spiders
« Reply #525 on: September 09, 2017, 07:56:35 pm »

Okay, situation was a misunderstanding. Valyrie is going to just retry the last part of her action sequence, confused as to why what happened happened.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 09, 2017, 10:24:02 pm »

Exist again. I do believe I was last seen following the captain through a seedy club with a bag over my head.

((Sorry for unexpectedly dropping off the forum again. I wish I had a good reason, but I really don't.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 09, 2017, 11:02:46 pm »

Grimace and toss the whatever-it-is down to Frederick.
Closely observe whether he is able to eat it despite his restraints. Also, try and remember if anyone told me if drakes are fireproof at all? I don't suppose our brief instruction covered such topics? Did Freddy come with an instruction manual at all?   

((Sorry I've been away, internet has been consistently shit and I ran out of phone credit/data for a while. >.>))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 10, 2017, 04:35:04 pm »

((Sorry for unexpectedly dropping off the forum again. I wish I had a good reason, but I really don't.))

((No worries, 'least not from me.  Though you're a good roleplayer who'll always be missed, long as nothing bad happened to you, nobody has a right to complain if you decide to take a break.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 13, 2017, 09:28:02 am »

Don't die.
((Been busy with classes))
Okay, situation was a misunderstanding. Valyrie is going to just retry the last part of her action sequence, confused as to why what happened happened.
alright, I have to look up Valyrie's medical skill now.

Oh, Lenglon, really?
(4) Valyrie carefully places the wet cloth over Vlad's face and presses it down over his mouth and nose. He makes little spluttering noises when he breathes now. He does not wake up, however.

Any shade nearby?  Dar will try to get to it and collapse there instead.  Regardless of success, he'll lay down and just focus on the nature of this environment, trying to understand it and integrate himself into it so that the scorching heat is bearable.  There's certainly cats adapted to the desert; he'll try to adapt himself to it.
(1) Dar looks about for a shady place. In the distance, he sees a line of figures, bent over in the heat. They work the ground, rhythmically swinging their hoes and picks and what have you, occasionally pulling a withered potato from the ground. A large figure, a dark patch on the horizon, (dark, yet it hurts to look at, like looking into the sun itself) somehow both very close and infinitely far away, gazes upon the workers, it's expression unreadable. Simultaneously, the dark figure and one of the line of workers look up, right into Dar's eyes. Simultaneously, the two figures reach out toward him. Simultaneously they speak: Dar'yajira. The light intensifies, and Dar wonders if he is being burned for the sins of two legs against the natural order.

"Statement: Command says we'll have a pickup at the safehouse, no sooner. Commands should really invest in more teleporters."

Hey, that reminds me - any plans for what to do with the dead bodies? They are still in the wagons, with the kids.
Get those bodies cleaned out of there, obviously. Dump them in the sands next to road in a shallow mass grave or something, doesn't matter that much as long as the bodies/gore are out of those carriages.

Make sure the kids have access to rationed water and shade.

----Action for Frederick----

Try to get a look at what's moving up there, trying to do so without giving myself away.
You and the slavers you bully drag the corpses off to the side. (5) A glint of reflected light attracts your attention, further down the road.

Frederick:
(5) Frederick rolls onto his side and looks with one eye upward. That large fellow has the smell of the city on him - the city, leather and steel. a warrior of this pack. the smaller being next to him has the smell of Omega about him. On closer inspection, Frederick recognizes this one as part of the team that came to this place. He tosses a hunk of raw meat to you.

When faced with a tricky situation, Gak returns to his roots.

Look around for a kid I can murder or render unconscious so I can take their clothes and disguise myself.
(4) you find a street lined with houses, adjoining the busier street with all the public buildings. Walking down the street, you hear families babbling in their homes, old men nattering at each other on their porches, women chattering about various pointless human things and children playing in the streets.

Grimace and toss the whatever-it-is down to Frederick.
Closely observe whether he is able to eat it despite his restraints. Also, try and remember if anyone told me if drakes are fireproof at all? I don't suppose our brief instruction covered such topics? Did Freddy come with an instruction manual at all?   

((Sorry I've been away, internet has been consistently shit and I ran out of phone credit/data for a while. >.>))
You toss the hunk of raw meat to Frederick. We'll see if he eats it or not.

I do believe you were at the barn when your team practically destroyed it. Frederick walked through the fire there, if I remember correctly, so you assume he at least has some tolerance for it.

welcome back. no worries about missing now and then. I hope you are able to get decent coverage again.

Exist again. I do believe I was last seen following the captain through a seedy club with a bag over my head.

I think sy said it all. Welcome back, yo!

Anyway, the Captain, yourself, and Horatio (the human gasbag) are all together in the back of a court building, after having successfully threatened a room full of people for some weird reason or another. See Loki's action for update on your situation.

Look around, are there any windows here or exit signs or whatnot. Keep moving.
The door at the end of the hall looks like an exit. You shrug and head through. Yep, that was an exit alright. It's hot and sunny - early afternoon. The street is calm, but the noise from the courthouse is growing.

The Captain gives you some casual directions toward "The Hill."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 13, 2017, 10:15:44 am »

*much swearing on the part of Valyrie's player ensues, as said player is in the habit of utilizing their own real life medical knowledge to bypass healing abilities or magics in games and forgot the malicious interpretation of this particular GM of any mundane attempt to help someone who is injured in even the very most basic of ways*
Valyrie now has to resist the momentary urge to suffocate Vlad, which apparenrly she failed to do last turn. Best to remove herself from the temptation. She takes the cloth off Vlad's face again and directs someone else to do for Vlad what she apparently lacks the self-control to do herself.
((Valyrie needs to kill a pack of unskilled labor as soon as possible to remove all those -2's :( ))

((EDIT: in reflection, Lenglon has had a bad day, and shouldn't be posting a complaint while angry about something entirely unrelated.))
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 01:12:49 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 13, 2017, 10:38:09 am »

*much swearing on the part of Valyrie's player ensues, as said player is in the habit of utilizing their own real life medical knowledge to bypass healing abilities or magics in games and forgot the malicious interpretation of this particular GM of any mundane attempt to help someone who is injured in even the very most basic of ways*
Valyrie now has to resist the momentary urge to suffocate Vlad, which apparenrly she failed to do last turn. Best to remove herself from the temptation. She takes the cloth off Vlad's face again and directs someone else to do for Vlad what she apparently lacks the self-control to do herself.
((Valyrie needs to kill a pack of unskilled labor as soon as possible to remove all those -2's :( ))
So this is how vlad dies, medical incompitence, I mean if he's stable now just keep him in the shade and keep him cool. Hehehe
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 13, 2017, 10:42:12 am »

((Real life knowledge does not and should not equal in-character ability. Especially when you have a -2. You're supposed to play as your character, not as yourself, and your character just so happens to be dangerously incompetent at a variety of things. Acknowledging this fact is not malicious, it's just logical and good GMing.))
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 13, 2017, 11:17:08 am »

((Real life knowledge does not and should not equal in-character ability. Especially when you have a -2. You're supposed to play as your character, not as yourself, and your character just so happens to be dangerously incompetent at a variety of things. Acknowledging this fact is not malicious, it's just logical and good GMing.))
[/quote]((If MED actually were about knowledge then I'd agree, but its not. As MED is used for magical healing that has nothing to do with actually understanding the functions of the body and injury, and that is just a blanket "be-better" button, actual first aid would fall under Gen Knowl if anything))

((If Val's actions were beyond common fucking sense I'd be less irritated, but it's absolute bullshit to say it takes medical training to know not to suffocate someone. Do we need to take levels in eating to not choke to death at every meal? how about breathing? Aylia never did level up breathing. Maybe thats why she died, not enough breathing points.))

((EDIT: Lenglon has had a bad day and should not be posting a complaint while angry about something entirely unrelated.))
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 01:18:11 pm by Lenglon »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 13, 2017, 01:10:35 pm »

((-2 Does not and has never represented a lack of skill. If you simply know nothing, then your stat is +0. -2 Represents a critical lack of common sense. People who have a -2 in a skill are essentially dangerously insane in regards to that particular topic. And Med does represent medical knowledge, what else would it represent? Magical healing uses Med because you need to know how to repair a human body to use healing magic. It's not like those energies already know what a human is shaped like and how to repair it.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 13, 2017, 01:16:29 pm »

((Stuff))
((Your timing is horrible, arguing with me while I'm in the middle of attempting to retract earlier angry statements. I do not have polite things to say to anyone about anything right now, please stop.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 13, 2017, 01:24:17 pm »

((Heh, don't worry, I react to anger the same way sometimes. I suspected you might retract that first statement, which is why I went back to edit in a quote from your post, so I wouldn't end up looking like I had argued with nothing. O_o
No hard feelings, k?))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 13, 2017, 01:52:39 pm »

((Heh, don't worry, I react to anger the same way sometimes. I suspected you might retract that first statement, which is why I went back to edit in a quote from your post, so I wouldn't end up looking like I had argued with nothing. O_o
No hard feelings, k?))
((Ah, so you wanted to make sure I had to remain embarrassed publicly, even after I realized my mistake and wanted to fix it. And right after saying that you suspected that was going to be the case and had gone out of your way to make sure it happened you say "no hard feelings". Egan, don't be that kind of asshole please.))
((Welp, still mad. Not talking now. Will talk later when less mad.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 13, 2017, 02:09:47 pm »

((No, I just didn't want to embarrass myself. I can remove everything if you really want, but I usually prefer to leave things as they were.
And damn, don't feel obliged to respond to these right away, if you still need to cool off.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 13, 2017, 03:32:50 pm »

((feeling a little better, though I'll probably have to keep an eye on myself for hours still. and you're right to leave this as-is mostly. It's the same reason I use strikethroughs to edit out content. even if I do fully remove something I try to give a short summary that will make sure nobody that had responded is left with their reply stranded looking dumb. but yeah, was on a hair-trigger and apparently felt like fighting anyone and everyone about anything and everything. sorry. I try to avoid posting while I'm out of control like that. messed up this time though. My comments were both illogical and out of line to be saying. so again, sorry. My blowing up here had nothing to do with Omega Legion, or Oz, or you Egan. Work ended on a particularly stressfull note today, and I failed to vent it in a safe manner.))

((I currently have the problem of the smart thing to do and the IC thing to do are not the same thing. my previous bolded action for Valyrie is actually exactly what is in character for her to do. the problem is she's not had a chance to remove her -2's, and as a result the obvious logical actions are not safe things to do. In point of fact there is literally nothing she CAN do safely right now (for anyone or in any situation at all) since even the one kill she did get credit for gave her nothing except a death timer reset (I'm very not happy about how Oz made me pick with no description and no way to even guess what was available to her. also that -2 meant that the slave was NORMALLY super-sick, as his normal status quo. it wasn't a recent thing, it's something that was part of the definition of his life, one of his defining characteristics. If it was even remotely recent she should have gotten a 0 or -1 at worst. Tis one of the reasons Valyrie is actually super-pissed at the slave owner.) But yeah, Val's IC desire to help Vlad and willingness to do so is OOC possibly going to get him killed. and I blame Oz for that, because I don't think a roll needed to be made in the first place for something this absurdly easy, and on a failure she should simply fail. a 4 is not a crit-fail, even with a -2. and crit-fail is suffocating the person you're trying to wipe down with a damp cloth. mixing those two up is stupid, and Val doesn't have a -2 int.))
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44