Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt  (Read 31945 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 1: Vexing
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2017, 02:08:45 pm »

"Well, the can't do nothing about the reactor leak. I don't have access and I don't reallt want to fiddle with it and make it even worse somehow."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2017, 03:12:28 pm »

Follow.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2017, 03:25:13 pm »

"Remind me, where are we going?"
"We need to secure the cargo hangar, so I guess that's where we're going."

Take point towards the cargo hangar. Check my corners and keep my head on a swivel, slow and steady. Also avoid walking underneath vents.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 04:51:38 pm by Pancaek »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2017, 03:48:42 pm »

((Drive me closer!  I want to hit them with my fist!))

Keep an eye out?  Punch enemies that get near.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2017, 04:25:41 pm »

"Alright, Let's be ready and warry...and avoid vents."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2017, 04:51:17 pm »

"Alright, Let's be ready and warry...and avoid vents."
"A useful reminder indeed."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2017, 02:58:22 pm »

Continue on our  way to where ever the hell we were going when  that started
Follow.
"We need to secure the cargo hangar, so I guess that's where we're going."

Take point towards the cargo hangar. Check my corners and keep my head on a swivel, slow and steady. Also avoid walking underneath vents.
((Drive me closer!  I want to hit them with my fist!))

Keep an eye out?  Punch enemies that get near.

Team picks up themselves, or get dragged along the floor in case of Citotp, and moves forward giving as wide breadth to all vents as they can in not very wide hallway. Thankfully the busted vent in ceiling doesn't seem to contain any more hungry xenos for whatever reason, despite of being prime ambush location. Maybe vexiles aren't that smart. Fire alarm ends, but calm voice warning about potential reactor breach follows them all the way to the end of the hallway. "The end" as in a reinforced door with "Cargo 2A" painted on it and a branching hallway leading to right, deeper inside bowels of the ship. There's also what appears to be an elevator few meters into the new hallway.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 03:01:57 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2017, 03:27:40 pm »

Try toopen the cargo door
"Let's get this done with, then we can explore a bit.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2017, 12:18:42 pm »

Try toopen the cargo door
"Let's get this done with, then we can explore a bit.

Normally I would wait for more actions, but I won't because you are doing this.

This door has same simple system as airlock did: two buttons to open and close. So opening it isn't an issue. The door slides aside and reveals the cargo hold on the other side. It is a large hall, big containers stacked on top of each other in numerous rows all the up to ceiling 20 meters above, each stack secured firmly in place with vertical bars running entire height of the stack. It feels like entering into giants' store room. Left side of the room, where the door opens to, is empty of cargo container stacks. The reason it is empty is mostly because of three large yellow rectangles. Cargo elevators, you presume.

This is all nice and neat, but you spot few far more interesting things. Firstly, pair of cargo containers on floor level are wide open, their contents spilled open and scattered around. Secondly, a swarm of vexiles skittering around. Not four, nor three, but god damn thirty of them. And those are the ones you can actually see clearly. Large portion of the room is hidden behind cargo stacks, so you have no clue how much more there actually is. Thirdly, these vexiles are little different from what Dave displayed in briefing. Whereas Dave's hologram had smoothly colored shell, these ones have blotches of various shades of brown. Some have lone vestigial legs, and in general they do not have the same healthy symmetrical appearance.

> Huh, job request failed to mention any mutations. That means a minor change in objectives; finding out cause or origin of increased aggression and apparent mutation is no longer optional. I'm sure you won't have any problems with this assigment.

Couple of closest vexiles take notice of your arrival and open their teethy mouths wide open like a patient on dentist's table. They make quite high pitched noise and every single vexile you can see stops whatever they are doing.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2017, 12:49:30 pm »

*whispering* "Dude, without making any sudden movements or anything, I think it would be a real good idea to close those doors again."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2017, 09:42:54 pm »

Slowly close the door, if they start to attack, just use the manip to heat up the area the past the pod Cargo bay doors to burn them to a crisp
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2017, 11:27:13 am »

Bastien....quietly stares and then looks at the people on front of him...he...looks at his weapon quietly and his hand twitches...he has to admit he feels a little tempted..but he's not in the front...so its acceptable

Get back.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2017, 11:29:39 am »

Filgres whispers "Should we start punching?"

Get ready to punch.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2017, 11:31:33 am »

Get back, be ready with Monoatomic Razor
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2017, 01:55:06 pm »

Slowly close the door, if they start to attack, just use the manip to heat up the area the past the pod Cargo bay doors to burn them to a crisp

You inch your hand closer to the button at snail speed. It goes well until your team mates start moving behind you, which causes entire swarm jump at your direction. At this point you figure speed is more important than discretion and hit the button. Thankfully door closes quickly enough.

[Int: 2] You figure that's good enough for now.

"Now what?"
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16