Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 239076 times)

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #405 on: October 28, 2017, 08:24:30 pm »

Yeah, silver is heavy and solid. It doesn't work for piercing weapons, actually, but it won't need to. It slams right through things anyway. That's why I love finding tetrahedrite. I can get silver out of it and make Maxwell squads. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvduY4nA6Bc

JCdestr0yer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 29, 2017, 07:14:29 am »

Not joking ser is me in real life love the natural world and I am getting into politics.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #407 on: October 29, 2017, 08:04:45 pm »

Winter 138. We're now eight years in. Time moves faster than I'd like. I wasn't exactly a young man when I decided to undertake the project of building this fortress, but now I'm clearly beggining to feel the effects of age. Some years ago, I was hoping this would be a small project. Just something to scare the elves of Wulema Apasi off our borders, allow Queen Usu to sign a lasting peace treaty and then go back to our villages. But with the war ever expending, I think I'll die on this swamp without seing the end of this chaos.

It can't be helped I guess. All things considered, even tho started out thinking this fort would be short lived, we eventually made it into a functionning society. We created a military institution without equal in the known world. So, in the end, living in this swamp is not that doom and gloom.

Winter is my favourite part of the year... mostly because the heat becomes bearable...altho it is usually around this time the goblin of Osme Stobûb launch their expeditions. A lot of things happened this winter, so I'll have to write it in parts.

First of all, great news ; Duslud, Zothoabo's elder daughter, has now reached adulthood. Like every children from now on, she will receive extensive training into our repurposed bow squad, which is now essencially a boot camp for non-fighting personel. Until further notice, Uquur's husband, Trathnu, will be commanding this squad.

To what we experienced so far, people with even a modicum of drilling have a much better survival rate while running to safety, or even fending off wildlife for the time the army deploys.

Duslud have been giving Thratnu some hard time tho. She's learning very slowly, and don't show a lot of interest into the bootcamp. And, most of all, she has been taking an unhealthy amount of weight. For her own good, I asked Thratnu to double down on her training - if we allow ourselves to be lenient in this current context, we'll won't survive very long.

Talking about surviving...there's a lot to be done in that area. Osme Stobûb attacked yet again.

Music!

Pabat, a farmer, was out to gather firewood when they came. The poor man didn't stand a chance- he was promptly lynched as the rest of the civilians gathered into the keep. He died at age 46, leaving eight children fatherless.

This is the 8th time Osme Stobûb attacks. We're now getting used to fight them, and know that what works best is a direct, frontal assault. The quicker we can reach them, the more effective the battle plan. So we left the bridge open, and we let them come into the city.

When they are suffisciently inside the wall, we jump out and ambush them. It's a proper slaughter and a good part of their forces is immediately anihilated. The presence of humans among them was deeply disturbing...but we gave quarter to no one.

However, instead of sticking to the plan and safely retreat to strike again at the next wave, two young men, Enasm and Destis, decided to pursue the enemy. I tried to shout at them to come back, but they weren't listening, so as a desperate move, I ran at their heels. The fight continued inside the barracks. The goblins inside were easily dispatched. Enasm and Destis continued forward and engaged the enemy on the bridge. I had no choice but to follow them.

In the meantime, to avoid an all out confrontation on the bridge, Imic led the remaining troops to the south where they could fight the enemy in better conditions. They engaged a small number of them, and during the fight, the young sword lady Ases killed her first officer.

Em Seducethunder was a goblin bard of Osme Stobûb before she was made into an officer. She authored a number of books, one of which was eventually taken by us from her cold, dead hands. She also appear to be the mother of Ngom Seducedog, which led the previous attack half a year ago.

Altho they killed a number of enemies, Enasm and Destis were injured, and fell of the bridge where they drowned to their death.
Alone, full of shame and guilt, I dispatched the rest of the enemies on the bridge and ran to the bulk of their troops on the other side. I couldn't count the number of copper helms surrounding me, but at this point, I couldn't care less. I was decided to make up for my ineptitude, and by doing so, taking as many as I could with me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 05:27:16 am by Cathar »

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 29, 2017, 08:35:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's adorable.  (Edited.  Apologies for posting before I was ready.)

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 29, 2017, 08:37:53 pm »

Is there a combat log for that one or am I winging the narrative?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #410 on: October 29, 2017, 08:40:53 pm »

I tried to markdown the combat log... But I was totally stressing out during this whole battle and when it calmed down, the logs already expired. But if it can help you, Ases killed two goblins during the battle ; Em and another goon-level goblin. She was with Imic and the rest of the army during the whole fight. Em was slain right after they crossed the river

Also Sir Knight, lol no worry, post what you want when you want ^^ I'll finish this picture for the next update !
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 08:42:40 pm by Cathar »

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 29, 2017, 09:25:51 pm »

I'll write it up in the morning.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 30, 2017, 08:10:08 am »

great update good sir
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 30, 2017, 11:07:05 am »

Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 30, 2017, 04:33:35 pm »

Also Sir Knight, lol no worry, post what you want when you want

No, see, I accidentally quoted your entire post and submitted it without comment.  Anyone who has "notify" set up for this thread, and already saw your post, got a lovely double-post from me.  When I realized what had happened, I edited that straight through the heart.

Also, yay, art!  I can't wait to die horribly.  (Have any forum-claimed characters died yet?)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #415 on: October 30, 2017, 04:57:29 pm »

Only one, surprizingly. Namely Rethi-Eli, farmer. He jumped on an Aligator to rescue another peasant and started to wrestle the beast. By the time the army arrived he was already dead. Most of the death are either opportunity kills by the goblins or happen during fights in the military ; since we have a good doctor, people rarely die from their wounds

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 30, 2017, 05:02:08 pm »

since we have a good doctor, people rarely die from their wounds

Rue the day gobbos shoot Zothoabo to death ;v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #417 on: October 31, 2017, 12:53:27 am »

Earlier that day...

Just posting this to make you guys wait a bit, stuff happening on my side of the world and im not sure I can draw a lot today
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 01:00:02 am by Cathar »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 31, 2017, 07:30:57 am »

an update is an update, no matter how small
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 31, 2017, 03:07:46 pm »

Zothoabo rubbed the sweat off his forehead and looked around the Hospital. “Finally, nice and clean. ” He said to himself, grabbing the bucket and carrying the dirty water towards the nearest dumping site.

He was interrupted by the sound of the door slamming open, and reflexively dropped the bucket, and began prepping the nearest table for surgery. His frantic effort was halted by a loud voice, “Your daughter is such a brat! I know she’s an adult now, but you’re her father, and someone needs to talk some sense into her.” He marched towards the solemn Zothoabo while muttering under his breath, “also Hustra (Zothoabo’s wife) is good at hiding, and I never know where to find her.”

Once Thratnu was in front of Zothoabo, he opened his mouth, “I assume you are talking about Donu.”

“Assume?! Isn’t it obvious? That girl is nothing but trouble!”

“She’s had a hard life, you can’t blame her for the occasional outburst.”

“HARD LIFE? OCCAISIONAL OUTBURST?” Thratnu’s nostrils flaired in anger, “That girl complains constantly. All she thinks about is eating and drinking. She slacks off during training, and barely spends any time in the temple. I even found this under her bed!” He reached into his coat and pulled out a small booklet with a flower scratched on the surface. “Read what she has to say!”

Zothoabo calmly opened up the booklet,

Spoiler: Donu's Diary (click to show/hide)

Donu's current mood: "Why am I here again?"

Zothoabo closed the book. “It’s probably just a phase.”

“Just a phase?! You mean she hasn’t always been like this?”

“Well, I mean…..” Zothoabo paused, collected himself then replied, “Look, I never got to have fun as a kid. We have always been at war, and even though I have to work to keep our people alive, maybe she can live a carefree life, and feel truly happy.”

“I think we both know that’s not possible, not in this world.”

“Don’t tell her you read this, put it back, and continue as if nothing has changed. Be harsh in her training, but let her keep her personal life. I’ll talk to her about the statues in the temple, she should know better than to anger the gods.”

After exchanging a few more words to finish the conversation, Zothoabo handed the journal back to Thratnu, and watched him leave the hospital. “That girl, I hope she lives long enough to realize how foolish her behavior is.”
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 111