Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 453316 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Oh come on.
« Reply #2595 on: August 24, 2018, 02:01:20 pm »

Im not worried about the cave collapsing, I just rather enjoy my eardrums
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: August 24, 2018, 05:32:43 pm »

"Not to mention the concussion in an enclosed space like this would stun us pretty badly as well." Toby would mention, helpfully

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: August 24, 2018, 08:12:51 pm »

"Thanks for the warning, Denver, but I don't think you've seen my knife, it is just so big" Simon says, as he checks the locks on the tank's closed hatch.  "Anyway, y'all're just pussies, get behind the tank if you're too scared to look at explosions.  Me, I'm too cool to not look at explosions!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: August 24, 2018, 08:19:45 pm »

"I should probably also mention that I kinda like Simon actually, but he makes me really want to stab someone some times. So I've got some anger to work out here and I can't really guarantee that you'll get to keep any parts you stick in the tank."
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: August 24, 2018, 09:16:01 pm »

Denver hammers on the hatch one last time with the hilt of his knife. "Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you! Please just don't fire."

editing action
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: August 24, 2018, 11:20:28 pm »

"In the name of Saint Nobel, patron saint of explosives users, please do not let that she'll turn out to be incendiary or we're all fucked. especially the tank." *knocks on the hatch* I hope you guys know that the concussion from an HE shell can still stun you if it explodes close enough, even inside the tank."
Let RNGesus be with us all whilst we roll to convince Simon to be slightly less retarded than normal. I vote we all add a 'convince Simon that HE is rarely not the answer' roll to our actions this turn.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2601 on: August 25, 2018, 11:55:21 am »

Not feeling super great today, so I'm skipping posts if they not that relevant. Mostly posts about waiting or avoiding danger.

Take a peek through the door. If no boolets or other shenanigans start flying in my general direction, then continue onward.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
You walk over to the big pair of double doors and give them a push. They move, though not easily. You really have to put your weight into it, shoving with both hands and straining against the old hinges. The door groans and you finally overcome the friction; the doors grind open with a squeal. You open them maybe a foot and then look through. Beyond the double doors is a hall; for maybe 10 feet its the same roughly excavated stone but then it opens into what appears to be a natural cave room. On the opposite end of the cave room, the stone has been carved into what looks vaguely like a roman arch. There are the remnants of ancient metal hinges on the sides of the arch, now badly corroded, but no sign of any door. The path beyond the arch is smoothly carved and, you think, painted with frescoes, but its hard to see from this distance.

I may not know much about tanks, but I HIGHLY recommend NOT firing the main gun at present
Quickly inspect the barrels and the pallet, then move on with Radio
(I assumed I got 1 Gewehr magazine (10 bullets), does that sound right?)

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
(Yeah)
You walk over to the pallet. Its a regular wooden pallet for moving goods with a forklift.  The barrel is an oil drum, about 4 feet tall and maybe a foot in diameter. You pry open the stopper on top and peek in. Its about...maybe 1/3rd filled with gasoline.

"Ed, were you saying something? I could swear you said something."

Huff and puff, then dropkick the metal door after Radio does his thing.

Spoiler: Franek Kimono (click to show/hide)
[4]
You do a flying kick straight into the double door on the right. You kick it wide open, much to Radio's surprise.  The door slams into the stone wall with a CLANG! that reverberates unpleasantly through the entire tunnel.

It all goes really well until some idiot runs you over with a tank.

"Well, this is awfully boring! Is that door locked? I bet it's locked. I'm gonna open it, okay?"

When all you have is a tank, everything looks like... some kind of tank-ramming target thing? I mean, if all you have is a tank cannon, everything looks like enemy armor, but I'm not allowed on the cannon. All I've got is controls. So uh, smash into that door in an attempt to remain useful.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
[1]
Someone with a modicum of reason or foresight or common sense or two braincells to rub together in her big stupid turnip of a head would realize that ramming a door when two people are in front of it would be a bad freaking idea.

Alice apparently has none of these things. [4][1] She just pushes the tank's throttle to max and plows forward. Radio sees  the stupidity coming his way and dodges, throwing himself to the left and out of the path. Franek, who is still getting up from his jump, either doesn't see the tank coming or doesn't have time to move. [6] The tank opens the door just fine, as you would expect.  It also opens up Franek just fine [-4 Life] and leaves him mangled and pinned beneath the treads, most of his low body reduced to a bloody mush.

"Maybe we should wait and see if someone comes for us? Then we could shoot them."

Climb out of tank, check on Nazi prisoner, gag if they're awake. Then step away from the tank. Far away from the muzzle and the tank. And then plug my ears as tightly as possible. Take cover.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
You climb out of the tank and take the still unconscious prisoner over to one corner of the room. You prop him up in front of you as cover and then plug your ears. The tank has already done a dumb thing, time to see if it does another dumb thing.

"Hi Denver, you wan--uh, okay, bye Denver.  Huh.  Well, carry on Alice.  You too, Robert, you're doing great work manning that gun.  Most people in your place would be bored as hell!"

Keep track of our allies.  If, when Alice rams through the door, no allies have passed through, and none are in front of the tank, fire the cannon into whatever is back there.  Don't worry about identifying targets or aiming; it's a HE shell underground!  Anything on the wrong side of the tank should have a very bad day.

Edit: Oh, and a guy threatened to lethally stab Simon if he fires the gun, so make sure the hatches are locked.  I actually did say to lock them before we went down the elevator, but check again just to be sure.  Simon knows firsthand just how deadly a tank boarder with a knife can be.

...technically there's no one in front of the tank. [5] But you decide not to fire anyways. Your common sense is tingling.

Also dropkick the doors at the same time to help open them.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
You decide not to do this. Not only are the doors already open but the last guy who did that is now a blood pudding.

"Don't worry about it sir, I'm sure everyone else is just too focused to appreciate the sermon to its fullest."
"You think I should tell it again? Maybe it's one of those things that you get more out of each time you hear it ..."

"Maybe some other time, I feel that we should let the men concentrate right now. There could be nefarious Nazis around every corner!"
"We are still being watched," Tala whispered to the Radioman.

"Check all communication channels. This is not a good place to be."

Is there no way I can 'rest' or regain mental...health? Because if I can't do that at the moment, inspect the surroundings and stay on overwatch.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
[4] You sit down and take a rest. Its somewhat hard to do with the sounds of a man being hit by a tank and screaming in agony in the background but you manage [+1 mental]

"In the name of Saint Nobel, patron saint of explosives users, please do not let that she'll turn out to be incendiary or we're all fucked. especially the tank." *knocks on the hatch* I hope you guys know that the concussion from an HE shell can still stun you if it explodes close enough, even inside the tank."
Let RNGesus be with us all whilst we roll to convince Simon to be slightly less retarded than normal. I vote we all add a 'convince Simon that HE is rarely not the answer' roll to our actions this turn.
Luckily you don't need to do this. The dice and the near death of a man have done this for you.  Good thing too since the hatch is locked.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: August 25, 2018, 12:07:26 pm »

"In my professional medical opinion... he's fucked. Put him out of his misery, we have neither the time nor the spare medical supplies to save a man whose entire lower half is red paint on the floor. Also, Alice is either blind, retarded, or a shitty driver."
If no more than 2 people disagree, sling the Stg over my back and pull out the G43 and put poor Franek down like the lamed horse he is. I'm willing to waste the bullet; Toby's not cold enough to finish off an ally with a knife, unless it's the only option. During all this, remain in my covered position behind the tanks turret (at the end of the turner I should be sitting facing the elevator, with my back up against the turret)

Spoiler: I'm sorry (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 12:11:26 pm by Redjive_Industries »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: August 25, 2018, 12:08:12 pm »

"Oi! Are you people stupid or what?!" he yells at the tank, putting some extra bass into his voice.
"You back up and free that man right this instant. Don't make me come over there!"

Wave my arms frantically to make the tank people back up and/or make the mercy kill people wait with the shooty shoots until the patient is officially deemed unrecoverable. By a competent medic. A Competent one.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 12:11:13 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: August 25, 2018, 12:13:06 pm »

*raps on the turret and yells for Alice to drive forward about 10 feet, and to try not to run over any more friendlies*
*looks back towards Radio* "Do we even have a medic? Of any kind?

Hotfire90

« Reply #2605 on: August 25, 2018, 12:14:49 pm »

"Are you nuts? He's still alive, we're not putting him down! I'm sure we can still save some of his organs."

If no competent medic tends to Franek, apply first aid on him myself, if one is tending to him, assist them.

Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 01:52:22 pm by Hotfire90 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: August 25, 2018, 12:16:12 pm »

*raps on the turret and yells for Alice to drive forward about 10 feet, and to try not to run over any more friendlies*
*looks back towards Radio* "Do we even have a medic? Of any kind?

"Tala! I think your services are required over here, this man seems to be suffering from acute chrushed-by-idiotitis!"

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: August 25, 2018, 12:17:43 pm »

sighs deeply in American "I still think we should put him out of his misery."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: August 25, 2018, 12:23:19 pm »

sighs deeply in American "I still think we should put him out of his misery."

"What was that? "I volunteer to also grease the tank's threads with my entrails", was that it? No? Then I suggest you don't shoot that guy unless our medic tells you to."

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: August 25, 2018, 12:34:27 pm »

"It's only a flesh wound, ladies and gentlemen! I am, in fact, perfectly fine!"

Those are word that Franek Kimono would have said if he wasn't screaming internally, externally and in ways his simple mind could not comprehend. Then, he was silent. He looked one final time at the people around him, good friends he knew for less than six hours, then whispered quietly his final word.

"BARF!"

Die.

Okay, fuck that. Let's get this show on the road.

I reach for my sewing kit and start sewing my crushed ass back into shape.

Spoiler: Franek Kimono (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 01:08:02 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 228