Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r2.1  (Read 824388 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r3.1 | 0.44.03-beta1 (dev)
« Reply #675 on: January 04, 2018, 06:58:26 pm »

I'm on the same issue with add-syndrome. Syndrome-util is setting wound_id to -1 and I guess that it prevent a lot of symptoms from working. We had the same issue in 0.34 and is was fixed by creating a fresh wound (as far as my memory goes).

Interactions are not working either when added with add-syndrome. Perhaps there is more to insert that the list of symptoms. I need to compare in gm-editor a naturally infected creature with a dfhack infected one to check this.

Interactions aren't working either? Hmm, I hope we can get that fixed. I use interactions from syndromes a lot.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #676 on: January 05, 2018, 01:53:42 am »

It's one of the reasons I never updated the interaction-heavy warlocks/necromancers to the newer df.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 05, 2018, 08:36:35 am »

Im stuck on how to get a list of units dieties to show such info in my manipulator extension. Has anyone done this in cpp or lua? Units have a little array called relationship_ids which only lists a few relationships like pet,father,mother. There is a "unit_relationship_type" enum which continues to list many more interesting relationships like friend, grudge, worship, hero.. but I cant find the keys which that could be for. Maybe its unimplemented or found in historical figure data?
Klok the Kloker !

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 05, 2018, 10:41:25 am »

Im stuck on how to get a list of units dieties to show such info in my manipulator extension. Has anyone done this in cpp or lua? Units have a little array called relationship_ids which only lists a few relationships like pet,father,mother. There is a "unit_relationship_type" enum which continues to list many more interesting relationships like friend, grudge, worship, hero.. but I cant find the keys which that could be for. Maybe its unimplemented or found in historical figure data?
You're referring back to something undefined ("such info") so it's hard to understand what you're after. Deities worshiped by units can be found via the relations (I believe this thread had an exercise where a fortress' deities were located, plus those of citizens "imported" from elsewhere).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 05, 2018, 10:57:00 am »

Yeah, it might be a histfig relationship or something. I can't check myself for a while, though. I don't think it hasn't been identified, though.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 05, 2018, 03:16:42 pm »

Its curious the unit_relationship_type enum has loads of relations including worship, grudge, hero, aunt..  but the relationship_ids structure under unit is just an int array of the first 9 enums, which even if it were longer couldnt store multiple relations of same type.

Ive dug around quite a bit looking for a vector that includes the other relations, and ive dug around looking for code or conversation on those other relations but no luck yet.

Gods are historical figures, there is a script to make them but it cant assign them to anyone.

I read that df rejigged the relations info in v43 maybe the defs havent quite caught it all yet.

In getNemesis(unit)->figure->info->relationships->... there are 4 half-anon lists with more anon vectors inside them.

I will have a look at legends viewer source next it should have a handle on gods and things...
Klok the Kloker !

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 06, 2018, 03:32:23 am »

So there is a vector under historical figure called histfig_links, with elements containing "target_hf" and "link_strength" but puzzlingly no link_type.

Then we have headers concerning these links, for various link_types including dieties. eg.

..include\df\histfig_hf_link_deityst.h

...seems there is a whole feature Ive been unaware of, I may be able to just do:

Code: [Select]
if(histfig_links[i]->getType() == df::histfig_hf_link_type::DEITY) { .... }
Fingers crossed for that. Im nearly ready to start trying to compile an unwieldy heap of modifications now.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 07:43:13 am by strainer »
Klok the Kloker !

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #682 on: January 06, 2018, 07:40:34 am »

So there is a vector under historical figure called histfig_links, with elements containing "target_hf" and "link_strength" but puzzlingly no link_type.

Then we have headers concerning these links, for various link_types including dieties. eg.

..include\df\histfig_hf_link_deityst.h

Ive no idea how these access the fh_link types and dont find this used anywhere in dfhack repo, but i found a lua snippet online using them
...seems there is a whole feature Ive been unaware of, I may be able to just do:

if(histfig_links->getType() == df::histfig_hf_link_type::DEITY) { .... }

Fingers crossed for that. Im nearly ready to start trying to compile an unwieldy heap of modifications now.
The histfig_hf_link class is polymorphic - its type is determined not by reading a variable but by executing code. Many other object types in DF work exactly the same way - item, building, and general_ref, just to name a few.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 06, 2018, 07:49:27 am »

Thanks Quietust - this should relieve me of much future puzzling !
Klok the Kloker !

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 06, 2018, 08:11:27 am »

I'm on the same issue with add-syndrome. Syndrome-util is setting wound_id to -1 and I guess that it prevent a lot of symptoms from working. We had the same issue in 0.34 and is was fixed by creating a fresh wound (as far as my memory goes).

Interactions are not working either when added with add-syndrome. Perhaps there is more to insert that the list of symptoms. I need to compare in gm-editor a naturally infected creature with a dfhack infected one to check this.

Interactions aren't working either? Hmm, I hope we can get that fixed. I use interactions from syndromes a lot.

Did some more research by comparing a spawned unit in arena mode with the secret (interactions work ok) with one that received the syndrome.
The wound is properly created (in 'body') by DF when the syndrome is added. It contain a curse info with all the proper data, said curse is then applied to the unit.
The only divergence was the lack of a reinfection id and count, but after modifying syndrome-util to add it, nothing changed.

Everything in body, in curse and in syndrome is adequate. I'm still searching...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 03:52:16 pm by Boltgun »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 06, 2018, 08:21:35 am »

Can you guys make me a script that makes hostilities between companions cease?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 06, 2018, 09:31:01 am »

Id guess not without brainwashing them all to be pacifist KittyKat. Though Im trying to include enough information in the labors screen to tell what is winding them up.
Klok the Kloker !

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 06, 2018, 10:41:24 am »

Id guess not without brainwashing them all to be pacifist KittyKat. Though Im trying to include enough information in the labors screen to tell what is winding them up.

I meant adv mode. No labors screen there.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 06, 2018, 04:34:26 pm »

Did some more research by comparing a spawned unit in arena mode with the secret (interactions work ok) with one that received the syndrome.
The wound is properly created (in 'body') by DF when the syndrome is added. It contain a curse info with all the proper data, said curse is then applied to the unit.
The only divergence was the lack of a reinfection id and count, but after modifying syndrome-util to add it, nothing changed.

Everything in body, in curse and in syndrome is adequate. I'm still searching...

Quoting myself, but after figuring it out I believe you might be interested.
Dfhack wise, the syndrome is properly added as far as interaction goes. But Kruggsmash made a video about turning dwarves into necromancers so I knew that it had to work.
I tested with an inhaled stone that provides interactions and the units were not using it either, so taking inspiration from generated necromancy I removed usage hints and it worked.

As it seems, ATTACK is not working anymore, but no hint now has the same effect (instead of "all the time" from 0.34) and the unit will use the interaction in combat. The arena does not respect those rules, so it's probably a bug. Mystery... kinda solved, I guess?

Spoiler: The interaction (click to show/hide)

It is added with :
Code: [Select]
local synName = 'Pyromaniac (fireballs, directed ash, firejet)'
dfhack.run_script('modtools/add-syndrome', '-target', unit.id, '-syndrome', synName, '-resetPolicy', 'DoNothing')

That does not explain issues with bleeding or drowsiness. Those symptoms are a little complicated as those counters were not in body, probably in body parts. Again, it is worth testing it with inhalation before going further.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 06, 2018, 07:14:32 pm »

Its curious the unit_relationship_type enum has loads of relations including worship, grudge, hero, aunt..  but the relationship_ids structure under unit is just an int array of the first 9 enums, which even if it were longer couldnt store multiple relations of same type.

Ive dug around quite a bit looking for a vector that includes the other relations, and ive dug around looking for code or conversation on those other relations but no luck yet.

Gods are historical figures, there is a script to make them but it cant assign them to anyone.

I read that df rejigged the relations info in v43 maybe the defs havent quite caught it all yet.

In getNemesis(unit)->figure->info->relationships->... there are 4 half-anon lists with more anon vectors inside them.

I will have a look at legends viewer source next it should have a handle on gods and things...
The stuff under info.relationships also contains duplicates of stuff under info.reputation.wanted[k] like type and level, changing those values are how I did my reputation experiment:
Looks like anon_2 and anon_3 under nemesis[k].figure.info.relationships[v] in a given unit are the same as the reputation.wanted[k].type and .level with the same values/effects on fame when edited:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 243