Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r2.1  (Read 824577 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: DFHack 0.44.09-r1
« Reply #1035 on: May 03, 2018, 09:50:22 am »

Curiously enough it wasn't Mifki, but Japa. He tried to get a new feature implemented, and apparently it works on his end. When I tried to test it, I just get crashes to desktop at embark. I thought it would be the difference in the dfhack builds that causes this.

But thank you for the detailed explanation. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 03, 2018, 11:25:26 am »

1. Dwarf Therapist...
I tried dwarf therapist... 

Spoiler: there were problems (click to show/hide)

So no, at this moment Dwarf Therapist is not a solution sadly. Labor scripts are an option, but they aren't ideal
for 2 you just want to use dfhack.units.isCitizen(unit), which checks if the unit's group_id is the fort's group_id and checks a whole lot of flags as well.
Ooh, that looks useful.  It doesn't return true for mercenaries though, which is a little bit of a problem.  However, everything there I can port over to lua and modify, so if I can adjust that to handle mercs and such then I am fine. I did some poking around and found that AFAICT long term residents never have those flags, but also are never listed as members under the player's group_id in any of their historical figure entity links, and they may or may not be linked to the player's group_id entity at all*.  The common link between all of the fort owned units appears to be the appropriate civ_id plus none of those flags.  Also, switching the civ_id and visitor flag on visitors or switching the civ_id on wandering wildlife lists them as civ members/tame pets (but with the interface behaving as if they are long term residents), so I guess that no flags + civ_id is the thing I am looking for.

Hmm, if the internal game code also uses histfig entity links to determine citizenship, then that is probably the key to fixing the ex-pet problem.  I might do some poking around in create-unit and ctrl-c ctrl-v some code learn the ways of dwarf fortress histfig creation.

Anyway, thanks for the code.

*as an aside, how do you get the full list of what is in df.histfig_entity_link_type?  I can pull out numbers for specific types like MERCENARY and MEMBER, but I can't figure out how to iterate through and see all the types and their corresponding IDs or otherwise figure out what other IDs are.  Maybe I suck at searching, but I also can't find where this stuff is defined in the git repo.  I don't need to know it (I think), but it would be nice to know for future reference.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 03, 2018, 11:31:41 am »

*as an aside, how do you get the full list of what is in df.histfig_entity_link_type?  I can pull out numbers for specific types like MERCENARY and MEMBER, but I can't figure out how to iterate through and see all the types and their corresponding IDs or otherwise figure out what other IDs are.  Maybe I suck at searching, but I also can't find where this stuff is defined in the git repo.  I don't need to know it (I think), but it would be nice to know for future reference.
Use ipairs(), not pairs(). In the Lua interpreter, "@" is shorthand for printall_ipairs() (which is like printall() but uses ipairs()):
Code: [Select]
@df.histfig_entity_link_type
There are other prefix characters you can use that are listed in the banner when you enter the Lua interpreter for the first time.

What stuff are you looking for in the git repo?

Edit: assuming you were looking for those names, they're defined in https://github.com/dfhack/df-structures, not the main DFHack repo.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 11:47:56 am by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 03, 2018, 12:31:31 pm »

@thefriendlyhacker: Gremlins cannot be given jobs until they petition to become citizens (they skip the initial petition, them being caged and trained presumably takes care of that automatically). Comparing a gremlin to a citizen shows that the citizen has a population id, while the gremlin does not (the gremlin hasn't yet become a citizen). However, hacking that wasn't sufficient for DT to allow it to be given jobs, so there's presumably something else missing.
My fortress is currently stalled due to a crash bug fixed in the next release, but a gremlin citizen petition shouldn't be very far off. I suspect that might be too long to wait, though.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 04, 2018, 05:51:59 am »

I'm trying to find a way to determine the formula for temperature DF uses. In order to do so I'd like to teleport an adventurer from world tile to world tile. At each world tile I'd like to zoom in measure the temperature(s), zoom out, reset the time (so all measurements are performed at the same time). Once all tiles have been scanned, I'd then like to redo the process after advancing the time one day, and repeat this for a year to get a series of data that might be used to deduce a formula.
  I think I've got a handle on the temperature measurement, and think I know where time is located. I also think I can handle zooming in/out by feeding the appropriate keys to DF. The part I don't know anything about is how to teleport the adventurer from world tile to world tile (walking might work as a work around, provided rivers can be crossed when zoomed out [I know very little about adventure mode]). In case it wasn't obvious, I'd like to make a script that does the job, not do it manually...

It can be noted that I'm making the assumption DF generates temperature of in game tiles the same way for both adventure mode and fortress mode, as it's the latter I'm actually interested in. Furthermore, I make the assumption water freezes when the temperature is 0 degrees Celsius and thaws at a temperature above that [as freezing/thawing is what I'm really after in the end], so if it's know to behave differently, I'd like to know.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 04, 2018, 07:01:19 am »

Furthermore, I make the assumption water freezes when the temperature is 0 degrees Celsius and thaws at a temperature above that [as freezing/thawing is what I'm really after in the end], so if it's know to behave differently, I'd like to know.
I'm pretty sure it thaws at 0 °C and freezes when it drops just below that. In other words, nether cap won't freeze water.

As for teleporting an adventurer around, that sounds like something mapping utilities like Isoworld might do.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 07:13:41 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: May 04, 2018, 08:54:07 am »

Furthermore, I make the assumption water freezes when the temperature is 0 degrees Celsius and thaws at a temperature above that [as freezing/thawing is what I'm really after in the end], so if it's know to behave differently, I'd like to know.
I'm pretty sure it thaws at 0 °C and freezes when it drops just below that. In other words, nether cap won't freeze water.

As for teleporting an adventurer around, that sounds like something mapping utilities like Isoworld might do.
Thanks for the freezing info. That's useful to know.

You don't need to teleport an adventurer around for Isoworld, as far as I can determine (I'm not familiar with it, so I've just taken a quick look), but it looks like it uses DF exported maps for starters, and except for site maps, those maps only go down to the mid tile level, not the in-game one, and for that level you can just use pre embark manipulation to shift focus.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 07, 2018, 08:48:12 am »

A bit of a late announcement, but there's an alpha up for 0.44.10:
https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.44.10-alpha1

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Vitellus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 07, 2018, 10:50:17 am »

Thanks!

Keep up the good work, the entire community is grateful!
Perfecting the art of limb removal since U.C. 214

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.09-r1 | 0.44.10-alpha1 (dev)
« Reply #1044 on: May 07, 2018, 08:40:18 pm »

Very much appreciated, thanks!

JezaGaia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 10, 2018, 07:42:19 am »

I've looked around for the answer to this but haven't been able to find it, hope I'm not posting in the wrong place, if so I apologize.

I've been using workflow for my clothing industry for a while now but there are 2 things I cannot make work :

1- If I want to process plants into thread with a separate constraint for each.
Say I want 50-60 threads of pig tail and 50-60 threads of hemp, I cannot make it work even using the advanced options and selecting a specific plant. I get a message telling me it's not possible.
If I do the thread of any plant then there is no issue.

2-Say I want 50-60 cloth shirts and 10-20 cloth shirts in human size, I can make both on the workshop but when I create a worflow constraint it doesn't recognize they're different so if my dwarven sized shirt limit is reached it will stop the human sized one, I've found no way to add the size as an option even in advanced mode, I can just select quality and material.

I also have two issues with planning mode.

1-I can select the min quality of items I want used but not the max, so say I want to keep my wasterwork quality beds for my nobles and furnish the other rooms with any other quality I haven't found a way for it.

2-Same with materials, I've found how to select a specific material (say fungiwood for beds) or select a type (wood/stone etc) but say I want all woods except fungiwood, that I've not managed to find how to do so.

If someone could explain how that works I would be very grateful :)
And if some of those options are simply not implemented and it's not because it's impossible to do so I would ask if it would be possible to think about adding them in a future version please ?
The thing with human clothing specially is a pain, it lzads to a lot of micro managment specially when the goal is to create a set of mastework quality armor and not just have a bunch of clothes available to them.

Thanks in advance :)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 10, 2018, 08:15:18 am »

I'm not familiar enough with workflow to know for sure, but for your first one, can you just make two separate jobs? It's possible that workflow doesn't recognize size at all, and I don't know what it would take to support it.

For buildingplan, I expect a maximum quality wouldn't be too hard. Negating the selected material shouldn't be too hard, but soon enough someone will want to do more complicated stuff (e.g. a certain list of materials), and that will be harder. I'm not actually sure how buildingplan keeps track of jobs, so I'm not sure how much it would have to be modified to keep track of negated materials, but I would expect it to be possible.

If you have a GitHub account, you could add those to the issue tracker - otherwise, I'll do it in a bit.

JezaGaia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 10, 2018, 10:11:39 am »

Thank you very much for your answer :)

I don't have an account on Github I'll look into it.

As for the two jobs that's what I try to do, a job for normal sized clothes, one for human sized ones, then I put them on repeat, and add a limit on the first one say dwarven sized or standard as you prefer to call it.
When I go to add a limit to the human sized one the previous limit is already showing meaning for workflow apparently it's exactly the same job no matter the difference in size.

I'm used to having similar jobs like say rock cabinets but being able to separate either by quality (I want 5 maser and 10 normal for example) or type of stone (one in granite the other in bauxite) but here I have nothing I can use to separate them.
I thought about just adding a big limit but even then it's not working well for me.
Say I add a limit of 50 shirts, I have no control on how many will be dwarven and how many human and that's an issue because often I end up with 50/0 or 40 human and 10 dwarven when it's the exact opposite I need.

As for the rest if it could be added it would be wonderful but I can understand not wanting to add too many variables because people begin to ask for always more. It's possible to do without so not a huge deal if ti's never made it's just a quality of life thing but it's not the hardest to have an empty room to build all your masterwork furniture in so it can't be used for normal furnishing and just deconstructiong what you need you're building special rooms. Just takes a bit of work.

The clothing size on the other hand is very complicated and requires a lot of micro managing so that would be a huge help if it was implemented.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 10, 2018, 10:48:08 pm »

Has anyone here managed to reproduce this crash (related to pressing the "v" key)? We really need help tracking it down - I've never been able to reproduce it, so it might be Windows-only, but it takes some time to reproduce, apparently. As much information as possible about your setup and what exactly triggers the crash would help. I also listed a few things to try here in that thread.

sawtooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 10, 2018, 11:50:43 pm »

I don't recall ever crashing using the 'v' key but I've had several crashes while using the Ctrl-Shift-Z key to get the "Stocks show" gui.  Sometimes I'm lazy and will just search for say, ash to see if my ashery finished the jobs I left it instead of going to the workshop itself.

It has happened to me playing 44.09 and also in the 44.10 alpha release of dfhack.  I've yet to see anything in any logs at all about the crash or even what caused the error.  I guess there's a slim chance that if other screens crash that it could be something in the gui backend that is causing the issue.  The stocks screen works almost all the time and I've yet to pin down anything on my end that can reproduce the crash at all.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 243