Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r2.1  (Read 820340 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r3 | 0.47.03-beta1
« Reply #2250 on: March 30, 2020, 02:10:37 pm »

If you're interested, go for it! plugins/search.cpp is the place to look - there are a bunch of existing implementations for other screens there already.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Temujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: March 31, 2020, 03:05:29 pm »

Hello, my apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this. . .

I would like to make two dwarves friends, but it seems that this is difficult as the friendship data is stored in history as a vector.   Is there a script that can accomplish this?

thanks for your help.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: March 31, 2020, 03:49:10 pm »

I don't know if there's a ready made script for it, but you can use vanilla processes, assuming they have compatible personalities and don't dislike each other: Subject them to the Nuptial Encouragement Treatment, i.e. lock them up together with food, drinks and (their own) beds in a zone associated to the tavern and give them no work. The area should be fairly small (I use 3*3 bedrooms) so their socialization actually has some effect (the new version should have them be better at it in itself). Let them socialize for a few months, but if you want them to go no further than friendship you should break it off once they've reached that level, as they "risk" proceeding to lovers and marriage if compatible. Also make sure to check their food/drink stockpiles so they don't die of starvation/thirst.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: April 01, 2020, 01:32:58 pm »

I'm hoping to put up a "beta" release soon - we'd still like some help testing scripts on Windows (e.g. I'm unsure if feature and modtools/create-unit work yet) if anyone is able.

Forgive the question, as I was away from the forums for a bit and might have lost track of various conversations. Is this a plan for getting the 47.04 beta up? I am just wondering because I would like to test my scripts on the 47 version, but if the 04 beta is still a little ways out I will just test with the 03 version. I'm pretty sure all of my scripts will still work as intended, but I'm also looking at writing new ones and figured I'd move to a 47 version for that. I can test whatever is needed on Windows

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: April 01, 2020, 01:37:15 pm »

It might be 2-3 days still - I got wrapped up in other things, and plan on merging in some more PRs before putting it out. I don't expect many breaking changes between .03 and .04, although I haven't written a changelog yet (which is honestly one of the more time-consuming parts).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: April 01, 2020, 02:16:52 pm »

It might be 2-3 days still - I got wrapped up in other things, and plan on merging in some more PRs before putting it out. I don't expect many breaking changes between .03 and .04, although I haven't written a changelog yet (which is honestly one of the more time-consuming parts).

I hate writing changelogs, easily the worst part in my opining. I'm not in any immediate hurry, so I'll just wait for 04 whenever that comes out as it seems some of the pull requests are interesting. Thanks for all your hard work

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: April 01, 2020, 03:50:06 pm »

Dumb question but: I'm trying to use the changelayer script, but dfhack doesn't recognize it. The error message suggests I try loading the script (though dfhack doesn't recognize load...) - but its irrelevent as I don't see any script file with that name in the appropriate directory. Anyone know where I could get a copy of the appropriate file, and what the alternative to LOAD is?

DFhack is not something I've messed with in a long, long time. Sorry for the dumb question.

Edit: This is going to sound even crazier, but though I made *100% sure* I wasn't typing changelayer wrong....its now recognizing the command, but claiming there's no such material. "changelayer marble" is all I'm trying to do.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 03:55:04 pm by lastofthelight »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2257 on: April 01, 2020, 04:05:30 pm »

Dumb question but: I'm trying to use the changelayer script, but dfhack doesn't recognize it. The error message suggests I try loading the script (though dfhack doesn't recognize load...) - but its irrelevent as I don't see any script file with that name in the appropriate directory. Anyone know where I could get a copy of the appropriate file, and what the alternative to LOAD is?

DFhack is not something I've messed with in a long, long time. Sorry for the dumb question.

Edit: This is going to sound even crazier, but though I made *100% sure* I wasn't typing changelayer wrong....its now recognizing the command, but claiming there's no such material. "changelayer marble" is all I'm trying to do.

First, changelayer is a plugin, not a script. This is an important difference, because plugins are C++ and have to be recompiled for every DFHack version, while scripts are written in Lua and can usually be copied between different versions.

Second, changelayer wants the material's ID as specified in the raws, so you need to specify it as "MARBLE".
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: April 01, 2020, 04:39:50 pm »

Quietust already has your answer but for future reference I manage to answer most of my own 'dumb questions' by looking at the documentation, in this case http://docs.dfhack.org/en/stable/docs/Plugins.html#changelayer is the charm.  :)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: April 01, 2020, 04:51:09 pm »

Just curious, what exactly was the error message (if you still have it)? Since changelayer is a plugin, it does need to be loaded in order to work - but DFHack loads all plugins it can find on startup, so I'm not really sure why it wouldn't have been loaded.

Jan Kaspsan

• Escaped Lunatic
  • a human jeweler
    • View Profile
    • /pol/
« Reply #2260 on: April 02, 2020, 03:30:51 am »

I'm new to using DFHack and I've been trying to use advfort, but I continue to get the error at the focus of this issue: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/1520 . I have the most recent version of advfort from this commit: https://github.com/DFHack/scripts/commit/678c015e42a341ad350cc341b8325e579c76ef8f and I'm unsure if I missed a step here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: April 02, 2020, 03:38:15 am »

Use one commit before (as the job re-rename is still not in dfhack). Also I suggest replacing all "local function" to just "function" as it breaks some stuff...

Jan Kaspsan

• Escaped Lunatic
  • a human jeweler
    • View Profile
    • /pol/
« Reply #2262 on: April 02, 2020, 08:17:20 am »

Use one commit before (as the job re-rename is still not in dfhack). Also I suggest replacing all "local function" to just "function" as it breaks some stuff...
It worked! Thank you, Warmist.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: April 02, 2020, 09:23:15 am »

Wait, what? I'm pretty sure I updated structures, and I tested that code snippet to make sure it worked.
Jan: You will have to upgrade DFHack, though - just upgrading the script won't work in this case.
Warmist: could you fix the function declarations when you get a chance? Thanks.

Jan Kaspsan

• Escaped Lunatic
  • a human jeweler
    • View Profile
    • /pol/
« Reply #2264 on: April 02, 2020, 04:37:40 pm »

When I first commented I was using the "Vettlingr Returns" v2 tileset which includes some DFHack utilities:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14952
I copied over the files from this commit:
https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/tree/5598b332f20cd3addcdce59cc7bfc8d0b1d95a84
With this version of advfort:
https://github.com/DFHack/scripts/commit/678c015e42a341ad350cc341b8325e579c76ef8f
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 243