Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 745514 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Methiantese Civil War! Turn 1!
« Reply #3135 on: November 17, 2017, 11:09:15 pm »

I don't want to take parts.

The witch stuff is overreaction (okay, she didn't prove to be a very nice person) but damn, I think regency will be in the hands of her new wife
The problem is if the Cyl is not really son of Yoe II, i mean, it won't matter much, but we spent a lot of money to give health to the family, and I don't know if it only counts those of the same blood or married

The pretenders that are voting to surrender are also voting for using their card of surrender?

To the loyalists wanting to surrender, if this civil war is going to continue, i suggest the grand-campaign card. 4 army points will force the game to stop, either with overwhelming victory or unglorious defeat that will certainly looks cool on the history

"Hey, you knew that last month they entered a civil war? it only lasted 1 month"

"what?"

"Yes, Segeda brought a fuckton of troops against Luath"

"And?"

"Luath with a small force drove them back, nobody wanted to fight after this shame/ what do you think? he was cleaned from the lands in seconds"
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: November 17, 2017, 11:09:59 pm »

I guess us true loyalists (since we're loyal to Methiant and it's royal line instead of a witch) the pretenders should talke a bit about the cards, since I think that got sorta buried by now. I think we need to play our third card to counter their attack. But the other two aren't worth playing and should be recycled.
Concur.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: November 17, 2017, 11:11:58 pm »

The pretenders that are voting to surrender are also voting for using their card of surrender?

No one's actually voting too surrender. Just who they think should surrender. Predictably the loyalists are saying the pretenders should surrender, the pretenders are saying the loyalists should.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: November 17, 2017, 11:13:59 pm »

No one's actually voting too surrender. Just who they think should surrender. Predictably the loyalists are saying the pretenders should surrender, the pretenders are saying the loyalists should.
Except Helmacon the Traitor. :P

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: November 17, 2017, 11:17:08 pm »

But Luath is also the son of Yoe the first, he's a man backed by one of our greatest allies (which I think is not as bad a thing as people seem to point out... It's not like the empire is sending him cash.)
Funny, I thought Eldrican is one of our biggest our only customer. They yearn for those gemstones. Auvena and Cyl are prepared to make guarantees they will have them. As well as upholding the bretrothal promised with Crown Prince Cyl, whom the Pretenders intend to behead.

My Loyalist vote, in case it was missed back there, is to use the Second and Third Loyalist cards. Let's get this over with quickly if we can.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:18:48 pm by mightymushroom »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: November 17, 2017, 11:18:59 pm »

Except Helmacon the Traitor. :P

I am loyal to the realm, thank you very much.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: November 17, 2017, 11:19:27 pm »

Really, this is all madness.  Everyone says the other side should surrender, but really, everyone should surrender to Queen Dogethe. :P

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: November 17, 2017, 11:20:19 pm »

The third card will dangerously deplete our armies, while discarding it will allow us to gain a large chunk of troops for later. No, the first card is our best bet.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: November 17, 2017, 11:21:17 pm »

But Luath is also the son of Yoe the first, he's a man backed by one of our greatest allies (which I think is not as bad a thing as people seem to point out... It's not like the empire is sending him cash.)
Funny, I thought Eldrican is one of our biggest our only customer. They yearn for those gemstones. Auvena and Cyl are prepared to make guarantees they will have them. As well as upholding the bretrothal promised with Crown Prince Cyl, whom the Pretenders intend to behead.
What? You think the Eldricans will be better friends with the people they are actively trying to dispose then the people they are trying to get into ruler ship?

The relationship might be salvageable, but it clearly won't be as strong if the pretenders don't win. You know, past the fact that without a charismatic king all our relationships will be less strong once the witch gets her grasp on the throne.

I am loyal to the realm, thank you very much.

Sometimes the hard decision is in fact the right one.

Really, this is all madness.  Everyone says the other side should surrender, but really, everyone should surrender to Queen Dogethe. :P

I can get behind this.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: November 17, 2017, 11:23:22 pm »

Actually, playing as the queen as she invades the fractured land of Methiant sounds kinda fun...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: November 17, 2017, 11:35:55 pm »

The third card will dangerously deplete our armies, while discarding it will allow us to gain a large chunk of troops for later. No, the first card is our best bet.
The other two replenish them. We need to end this in as few rounds as possible. There is no later. It's possibly our strongest card, and who knows when we'll draw it again?

((Thinking broadly, this includes ending it with an unfortunate loss due to our high stakes strategy. I'm not for throwing the match (at least play until the damage point) but I can accept an honest loss. It's not like we'll be kicked out of the thread for choosing a side.))

Now there's a strong ruler! And not bound by that salic silly law that our Methiantese nobles can't seem to get over.

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: November 18, 2017, 03:02:06 am »

grazt haspen you have not only created a civil war ingame you have also created a civil war outside of the game.
i love it.
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: November 18, 2017, 03:02:29 am »

I guess us true loyalists (since we're loyal to Methiant and it's royal line instead of a witch) the pretenders should talke a bit about the cards, since I think that got sorta buried by now. I think we need to play our third card to counter their attack. But the other two aren't worth playing and should be recycled.
Concur.

Agreed.  Also joining the Pretenders.  Let's spend Card 3, eat Card 1 for lovely bonuses and laugh uproariously at Card 2.

Logic:  The Loyalists (whose cards I haven't looked at, but guessing from chatter they've got lots of Army options) are probably going to try and Alpha Strike us to death.  Playing Card 3 gives us a chance to ameliorate some of the damage.  As the Pretenders, a lot of our cards benefit more from treasury to buy foreign support, so maybe it's better to just build that stat up by eating Card 1 instead of spending it?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 03:04:01 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: November 18, 2017, 03:38:45 am »

I would like to join the Loyalists, if that is still allowed.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: November 18, 2017, 04:49:49 am »

Oh my, oh dear. You stop paying attention for a day and suddenly everything falls apart.

Bit sad that Luath went against what we'd established about him as being kind of a Good Duede, but whatcha gonna do?
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 1087